Gooser Challenge- Oh My Goodness

Discussion in 'General Titanfall discussion' started by LAxSainte, Mar 16, 2014.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. BRFM war

BRFM war Generation 1

Ok for challenges. Ok for skill. Not ok with broken netcode. A LOT of hits don't register at all. Eg : charge rifle challenge. It's more about luck and randomness than skill. I've had tons of "look out below" that only register as a broken shield. I've had tons of "pilot assist +100". Don't talk about skills when half of your "talents" were really random. Play a lot and unlock the hard challenges, through luck, but stop acting like PGM's. Titanfall is a really easy game, so stop taking yourselves seriously.

2. Pilot_KC

Pilot_KC 6th Gen Pilot
    Elite Pilot

Thank god it just wasn't me who had issues with the Charge Rifle challenge. People were telling me how they did it so easy etc. It took me days to do that challenge and I was 100% certain I hit that red sweet spot multiple and multiple times and it never registered.

You'll be happy to be informed Vinyl that the challenge is being reduced dramatically to 5 Gooser kills I believe come next server patch. You'll be back to not playing Last Titan Standing in no time.

3. Mrthen

Mrthen Generation 1

Add me KLK CUERO MALO

4. Mrthen

Mrthen Generation 1

M
    me too add me KLK CUERO MALO

5. SPYD3RR

SPYD3RR Generation 1

Hey add me SPYD3RR I'll help you get it

• Like Like x 1
  6. VinylKitten

VinylKitten Generation 2

will do and thank you my gt is VinylKitten

7. HossStyle

HossStyle Generation 1

So, I was browsing around and came across this forum. I thought I'd add my view on the Gooser Challenge.

It's not a good challenge. It's too dependant on what other players do as opposed to what you do. And this is not sour grapes from me - I've only got 3 Goosers left. But so much depends on your connection (I used to play competively and still have friends from all over the world (Europe and Brasil mostly)) and when playing with others in different areas your connection is often less than optimal. Quite the opposite of what a Multiplayer game should encourage - your best bet to get the Goosers is to play by yourself on the server with the best ping for you - and only you. Relying on the "lag compensation" to correct errors from less than optimal connections doesn't really help when trying to shoot a pilot in the air that's that size of a gnat on your screen. I'm sure this challenge seems more than reasonable to the Titanfall testers playing on a LAN locally.

Another reason why the Gooser is a bad challenge - people play differently now. When I was getting my first Goosers there were a lot of pilots ejecting with no cloak. They didn't know any better. Now I'm finding that pilots don't like dying after ejecting (understandably) so nearly all of them cloak, or they hop out of the titan early, avoiding ejecting altogether. It is much, much harder now then it was even just a week ago to get the Goosers. I feel for the players just coming into this challenge right now. I had it much easier than you because when I started my Goosers hardly anyone was going stealth in the air after ejecting. Most of your "elitists" fail to mention that (it might make them seem not as "3lite!!" - Oh no!).

I love a challenge - as long as it's fair. If you've ever played Dark Souls you know what a hard, but fair challenge is about. I loved most (not all) of that game. This Gooser challenge is different. It literally can be impossible to do. I've seen more auto titans lately than ever. I've seen more people just "getting out of" their titans than ever. Those few that do eject are cloaking more and more. You can literally go through 2, 3, 4 or more games in a row and not even see a pilot eject. This is not about "skill" folks, or "kids" wanting everything easy.

Step down from your pedastal and see that not everything is about you and how "old school" and "hardcore" you are. We are lucky as hell that we got it done before now, because it's harder on these new guys (you might call them "casual gamers") than it ever was on us.

There's no "skill" or "practice" involved if there are no pilots ejecting, and it's happening more and more these days. The challenge needed an adjustment, and it's getting it. Kudos to Respawn for realizing it.

8. Pilot_KC

Pilot_KC 6th Gen Pilot
    Elite Pilot

I got to say I respect your opinion Hoss because a lot of what you've written is true.

I too have noticed a lot of cloaked ejecting pilots or people bailing from their titans early and you're 100% right, it ends up being a reliance on the actions of others to achieve it. I personally think for people who are new to the game and haven't yet reached Gen5 will face tougher competition in completing it, and for those guys I support a reduction in the 50 kills.

Saying that, I do think that a lot of issues surrounding the Gooser challenge were blown way out of proportion. Right now I'm sitting on the last 12 kills to complete the Challenge and it has taken a while for me to get to this point but other than it being somewhat time consuming and at times irritating, it's quite simple once you get the hang of it.

I've got to say, if the new patch gets rolled out and I've got like 2-3 gooser kills left and I don't get the credit I'll be pissed lol.

9. HossStyle

HossStyle Generation 1

I can definatley see why those of us who had to get the 50 would want a little extra "prize" for doing it. I'm fine with that.

If getting the Gooser kills are getting easy for you, then good for you! (no sarcasm, I'm really happy you're getting them). I'm playing with a guy now who only has 13, and we literally go game after game after game with no pilots ejecting (at least not in range of view). It's much harder now, virtually impossible at times, with the servers and players we are getting matched up against. They just aren't ejecting that often. Now with the Beta Matchmaking system, we are getting matched up with players who almost never eject, much less do it in sight of a titan where they can get shot.

I'm glad I'm going to get the 50 (hopefully today), but I'm also glad I got it done early and I sure am glad those after me have to do only 5. Good luck finding even 5 ejecting during one sitting (at least on the servers I'm getting put in)!

• Like Like x 1
  10. Pilot_KC

Pilot_KC 6th Gen Pilot
    Elite Pilot

Yeah I hear ya brother. I got to admit, I have voiced my displeasure at having my titan shot at by 40MM shells when I'm trying to shoot an ejecting pilot lol. Those things throw off your aim so badly!

11. Spook x Swimmer

Spook x Swimmer Generation 2

A
    Plz add me as well, my name is my GT.. I really need to do this as well...

12. SteelCurtain

SteelCurtain Generation 3

My best advise is practice makes perfect. I got probably 47/50 with the chaingun & it's hand down the way to go. When I started out I was struggling but when I started getting good at it I was knocking them down like nothing. It took me about 2-3 days to get to 30 but I got my last 20 in about 2 hours. I still get them all the time just messing around. I was terrible at it now I'm not the best but when I see a uncloaked Gooser I get it 7/10 times. Just practice man & lots & lots of Last Titan Standing, stick with your team(pref get friends on your FL) & stick back to see ejecting pilots & zoom in with your chaingun aim in the middle of their body/feet & wait till their at their peak of their height when they about stop before they go down. I also found it a lot easier if I was almost directly under them. Hope this helps man & good luck

13. lezz62

lezz62 Generation 2

Not looking forward to the gooser challenge im at gen 4 level 33

14. Pilot_KC

Pilot_KC 6th Gen Pilot
    Elite Pilot

You'll be right lezz. Just take your time with it and it will be all over and done with before you know it.

15. ps4xbox1fan

ps4xbox1fan Generation 2

I've been at it for four days and not one gooser kill. My love for this game is fading ever slowly. I get in a titan to try the chaingun technique and get gangbanged by 3 titans in 5 seconds! Don't matter weather it's 50 kills or 5, I can't get 1! I'm about to give up on this game. Not having fun no more just worrying about completing this dumb challenge. Do away with this crap completely! I'd rather have to get 200 titan kills with the plasma rail gun! It may be time consuming but at least I know that's possible!

16. ko2 s2shot

ko2 s2shot Generation 1

I thought it was to easy, should have been 100.

17. Corstaad

Corstaad Generation 2

Dont try to explain to anyone how hardcore you've become because of this challenge. We just point fingers at you and laugh.

18. ps4xbox1fan

ps4xbox1fan Generation 2

I like how people wanna add insults but don't wanna give advice. Don't tell me it was "easy" cause that makes no sense. Someone got to the bottom of this, this challenge should be for gen 10. It is misplaced. I'd like to know how I suppose to have time to look in the air and shoot cloaked pilots when you match me against a team of 10th,8th, 7th,9th and two 4th gens, but I'm 5th, and got a 2nd and four 1st gens on my squad! Lol! All those with no help but smart comments, with all due respect. ..... Fuck you!

19. Fantastic Dan

Fantastic Dan Generation 1

Really not seeing what the fuss is about with this one. Yeah the numbers are a bit high on it but I get a few almost every match, and that's just going for Arc Cannon kills.

You do have to be pretty opportunistic with it, because the window is so small and tricky but it's definitely not impossible. Especially with how easy it is to get titans in game types like Hard point and Attrition.

Just keep an eye on near-death titans and if you're going to rodeo; do it on a Titan that's already engaged with one of your teammates. Makes them much more likely to stay inside until they have to eject.

20. ps4xbox1fan

ps4xbox1fan Generation 2

Thanks for the info fantastic dan, I don't know, I might just have to stay at 5th gen and get back to playing the game to win. I'm tired of losing and being at the bottom of the leader board because I'm focused on getting this challenge. I need to have fun again!