Gooser Challenge Reduced in next patch

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Clarkeh, Mar 31, 2014.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Clarkeh

Clarkeh Post-Patch Generation 6 Pilot
    Elite Pilot

It seems Respawn felt they have overshot the expectations of this challenge and will be reducing it to 5 instead of 50 in the next patch, Players who have already completed the Gen Requirements before the patch are supposedly going to be recognised in a form of added content sometime down the line.

http://www.titanfall.com/news/the-gooser-challenge

• Like Like x 2
  2. tommy290

tommy290 Generation 3

I was happy about this. As someone who is only proficient at killing grunts, even the basic challenges will be hard for me. The Gooser challenge would have been impossible. Even 5 is going to be a monumental task for me.

• Like Like x 1
  3. SteelCurtain

SteelCurtain Generation 3

I really need to finish this challenge before they update it. I've been working on it for about 3 days & am at 26 kills. But I got 13 of them yesterday including 3 in 1 round of LTS!!! so I've been getting the hang of it but it would be my luck they update if when I'm at 49/50 lol I just hope they give us a heads up when the patch is coming. I pray to god it's not for at least another week

4. TtargetPractice

TtargetPractice Generation 2

Of course it was reduced. I mean, why would something called a challenge be challenging.

I'm a firm believer that if you can't do something, YOU should change in order to be able to complete the task. Having the task changed so you can complete it in your current state is pandering and insulting if you've got any kind of dignity.

Some of you may say "It's just a game" and you'd be right. It's just a game is even more of a reason for scrubs to not have to complete it if they aren't good enough. Some people just aren't good at games. It's not like they're going to die from it. It's just a game. If you're bad, you don't complete challenges until you get good.

• Like Like x 3
  5. SteelCurtain

Well said my friend

6. kbrock1

kbrock1 Gen10
    Elite Pilot

do we know when this is supposed to go into effect? When does the patch go live?

7. SteelCurtain

No they haven't announced when they said "In the near future"

8. BallisticDad

BallisticDad Played the very first FPS! *Duck Hunt*
    Elite Pilot

I hate those words! "In the Near Future" is so general! It could be this week or next month... Who knows...

• Like Like x 1
  9. LedFlinga

LedFlinga Generation 4

Does anyone know if the update will affect those who are still in the middle of the challenge? i.e I have 25 kills but as if update I can now regen, as I would like to finish what I have started. It wouldn't be a challenge if it was easy

• Like Like x 1
  10. BallisticDad

BallisticDad Played the very first FPS! *Duck Hunt*
    Elite Pilot

Yes, you should be good. They are going to nerf the whole challenge. So if you are 25/50 now, you will be 25/5 and therefor complete.

11. SteelCurtain

I think they'll just reset it cause of the XP he never received

12. kbrock1

kbrock1 Gen10
    Elite Pilot

In the near future isnt NEAR enough... im in that limbo spot where i have it as a challenge, but i havent even touched it yet. Should I go after it as 50? maybe get whatever bonus they give? or bow out and save myself the irritation and just wait?

13. LedFlinga

LedFlinga Generation 4

I say have a crack at it, I want what ever funky dodad that they give us, and just think you can say to your mates. Who get it easy, back in my day bloody challenges were hard!

14. Clarkeh

Clarkeh Post-Patch Generation 6 Pilot
    Elite Pilot

This is a Titanfall Community Fansite and not the official forums.

• Like Like x 1
  15. kbrock1

kbrock1 Gen10
    Elite Pilot

Who are you, though to question someones dedication to something? What differentiates the person who spent 5 hours playing, having every opportunity stolen, or wasted from the guy who didnt try, and is just complaining?

You DONT know. I may have put in far more work than you, and caught a bad circumstance. It doesnt make me trash If I can get it. Your stance is coming off far too elitist.

In the military, if a squad of soldiers comes upon a battalion of tanks in their way, they dont start hucking grenades... they call up and say "um,.. theres on way were pushing through tanks. Thats too impossible."

guess theyre trash for not rising up to meet the challenge huh?

i get your drift, but your sweeping logic is flawed.

16. tommy290

tommy290 Generation 3

It's more of a fuscia.

• Like Like x 1
    • Trolling/Spam Trolling/Spam x 1
  17. LItanyOfDisgrace

LItanyOfDisgrace Generation 1

Yeah man, that Blade avatar snicker is awesome. Have you guys ever seen any Arnold Achwarzenenger movies? Sorry, Austrian is not my main tongue snd I only speak 100 languages.

Anyway, see? Fuschia. Chortle. that's how you don't take life seriously, man. you need to like better yourself in everything, including your GAMES, man.

CONTEMPORIZE.

• Trolling/Spam Trolling/Spam x 1
  18. Das Keester

Das Keester Generation 2

I am a lvl 50 Gen 5 and have been for a week now because of the gooser challenge, I have 13 gooser kills. I couldn't hate a challenge more than the gooser challenge. That said what bothers me is know is that they are reducing it, but they are taking forever. I wouldn't mind if they didn't change it because then I would know that everyone behind me has to go through it to. But now all the people behind me are catching up while I sit at 50, and by the time the patch comes out they will be able to regen at the same time as me even though I got to gen 5 lvl 50 weeks before them. That is what bothers me! I wanted to separate myself from everyone and did, but now that they are changing this challenge they keep gaining ground on me while I sit at 50.

I just wish this patch would come out so I can continue to advance! If It takes much longer I wont play anymore.

• Like Like x 1
  19. SkyttsTV

SkyttsTV Generation 2

Reducing it to 5 is way too low for Gen5, I think that 10, max 15 is enough, but 50 is definitely way too much.

20. TuffMeetsClassy

TuffMeetsClassy NYC Native, OIF VET, Trainer, Professional Muter
    Elite Pilot

i'll get back to this once i have the challenge completed.