Gooser Challenge Reduced in next patch

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Clarkeh, Mar 31, 2014.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. BallisticDad

BallisticDad Played the very first FPS! *Duck Hunt*
    Elite Pilot

@Natsu the video is not showing.

2. CasendraMars

CasendraMars Generation 4

3. Natsu

Natsu Generation 2
    Elite Pilot

awww dang ok :( and thank you ill just post a pic lol

4. Natsu

Natsu Generation 2
    Elite Pilot

ok i updated the video to a picture :(

5. WizardKnows

WizardKnows Generation 2

Don't bother doing the gooser until gen 5. All your challenges get reset when you regenerate.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Natsu

Natsu Generation 2
    Elite Pilot

#66 Natsu, Apr 24, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2014
    So this is from my own experience.

I found it way easy when I had figured out a trick that really really helped me. I kind of hung out behind everyone waited until they killed them off and I kneeled down and was pre aimed from the hip in the sky. When I saw a pilot in the air I would aim down site and aim right at his feet. I would only get set up like that if the titan that was dying was almost dead. Of course i helped lower his/her health but yea. I thought i would throw my own tip out there. I was able to get 35+in one day doing it that way. I hope this helps everyone who wants to attempt the challenge.

7. CasendraMars

#67 CasendraMars, Apr 24, 2014
    35 in one day?? I have tried so many combos suggested here still losing the pilots when looking up. . Will try ur method today. ... thanks for the tip will try them today. .....:)

8. Natsu

Natsu Generation 2
    Elite Pilot

#68 Natsu, Apr 24, 2014
    Please let me know if it helps...

9. BallisticDad

Elite Pilot

@Natsu your purple font is sooooo hard to read. :-(

10. TwinStripeUK

TwinStripeUK Generation 2

Nope, still completely f*ckin' impossible.
    Spent the last two weeks trying to get this challenge done and getting nowhere. Nobody even gets IN their titans anymore, let alone ejects from them. Those who do get in them tend to go down with the titan or just disembark. In two weeks and over 70 hours of play, I've managed a grand total of TWO gooser kills.
    This challenge has completely ruined the game for me as it now feels more like hard work than fun...

11. BallisticDad

Elite Pilot

Im sorry you feel this way, however this challange is ment to be hard. In my opinion, it should never have been nerfed. Take pride in your skill. Not everyone is on the same level. There are some people who are scared to even gen once. Some that give up after twice. You made it to Gen 5. Why is that not enough? If your skill does not allow you to continue, be proud of where you are.

In Halo 3, I was not skilled enough to get to 50, I was proud of my level 42 ranking.
    This is what is wrong with modern day FPS games. Games like CoD have ruined and screw our idea of ranking. Why is it OK for people to think that because they spend 70 hours playing a game, they are entitled to a certain rank! NO! Earn that rank with skill! @TwinStripeUK I hear what your saying, yet I do not feel bad for you.

12. WizardKnows

WizardKnows Generation 2

that sucks

13. TwinStripeUK

TwinStripeUK Generation 2

Okay, if I get the eject, try, and miss, that's my problem - get better, do better next time. I get it.
    But when the ejects never happen, and never will, that's just plain broken.
    I actually agree, it should never have been nerfed, but then again it should have been a gen 10 and not a gen 5 requirement. That way you wouldn't get gen 6 plus players deliberately holding the others back by creating a glass ceiling, which unfortunately is what's happening here.

Crap like that ruined CoD; perhaps naively I expected better in Titanfall...

14. HealthierGrub3

HealthierGrub3 Generation 1

That doesn't excite me whatsoever reading about that, but hopefully your luck has changed with this regen challenge.

15. Natsu

Natsu Generation 2
    Elite Pilot

So I see some aggrevation I am sorry. I was like that too it took me a very very long time to get it done I wont lie but that day when I got into the rhythm it just didnt stop.

Are you playing in LTS?

16. BallisticDad

Elite Pilot

I agree with you here, this should 100% be a Gen 7, 8 or 9 challenge and still be 50 Goosers!

17. CasendraMars

Still trying... got a lucky ONE hit..pure luck....i want your 35 a day games.....;) Never give up, Never Surrender..might take me awhile.....a year??? Ughhhh

18. kbrock1

kbrock1 Gen10
    Elite Pilot

the fact that there is still such debate about this is a good sign that the challenge was,.... well ,.....challenging,..

19. BallisticDad

Elite Pilot

@kbrock1 Is that what challenges are supposed to do? I could have sworn someone told me all challenges in life are cake walks...

20. kbrock1

kbrock1 Gen10
    Elite Pilot

Someone LIED to you,...unless it was me, then they were trying to offset how ridiculously sexy they were with a little sarcastic wit,..