Gooser Challenge Reduced in next patch

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Clarkeh, Mar 31, 2014.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. TwinStripeUK

TwinStripeUK Generation 2

Do you mean Last autoTitan Standing? No, established that was a pointless waste of time two weeks ago when I realised there was nobody in the Titans TO eject.

2. TwinStripeUK

Also an update on one of the other 'tactics', farming the campaign.... It took me nearly an hour to get a game today, because of all the higher generation 'challenge farmers' hanging around on there. The lower level players keep dropping out of the lobby as soon as they see teams of gen 5,6,7 and 8 level 50s. The higher level players keep dropping out when they get confronted with the same, because they can't see easy kills.

Finally got a match by switching to servers on the other side of the world with some gen 1 players in the mix (180ms!) and killed 11 titans in the first match. All rodeo. All auto, pilot nowhere to be seen. Got my titan drop after the first two and instantly got spammed by three pilots with anti titan weapons, and as I dashed back to clear my vision I saw all three bouncing around like grasshoppers trying to rodeo me.

So I let one, hoping to catch him out with a quick ejection and get the kill that way, however as soon as I hit the eject sequence he dismounts, and I zoom off into the clouds while he and his buddies fire wildly (and unsuccessfully) into the air.

Nobody wins that encounter.

That should really emphasise how pointless this game has now become because of this challenge. It's changed the way people play, and not in a good way. And for me it's now degraded into a chore. All the XP I earn? Worth nothing. Burn cards? Don't even get them anymore, as I have a full deck of 'double XP' cards to catch up when I get that final kill (yeah, like that's going to happen!). Not even getting a good K/D as it drops like a rock every time I max out a weapon challenge trying new tactics (not that anyone could see it if I did get a good ratio).

The progression was the only thing that made the ongoing infection of the CoD Camper Kiddies in the game bearable for me (played a game of Hardpoint the other day where one team didn't even capture their home point for two minutes, and they spent the rest of the game sniping from rooftops and all started to rage quit when the score went 120 to 18...).

Now, after officially finishing my THIRD WEEK at Gen 5 level 50 it feels like a ruined game after only two months.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. TwinStripeUK

And just prove my points even more, I thought I'd try LTS again, just to show I'm not being dismissive out of hand. Now excluding the fact that my team were, how shall I put it, 'mildly retarded' (they all ran into the central room in 'Relic' together and got taken out with one guy's Nuclear Election), the player who got them was in an Ogre hiding behind the main pillar.

Camping.

In a Titan.

FFS....

Oh, and as I then got set upon by 5 titans (yes, it was actually 6 v 5!), no, I didn't get a chance to get my last Gooser...

4. BallisticDad

BallisticDad Played the very first FPS! *Duck Hunt*
    Elite Pilot

I have an idea, and this might be hard, but it might help.
    Quit wasting your time typing about how it sucks and just play. Just join some friends and play. Have FUN! Keep it in the back of your mind, to look up for ejections, but do NOT focus on it. It will happen when you least expect it and you will then move on to the next gen. Till then relax, its a GAME!

I have said this to you before, CHALLENGES are meant to be CHALLENGING. If yo uare not meant to get passed Gen 5, be happy with your rank and know you gave it your all. Not everyone sits in front of the xbox (or PC) and has the same skill level.

I just got to Gen 5 the other day and now I am working on Goosers.
    Am I having a hard time? Yes!
    Am I going to freak out if I dont get them? Nope!

5. TwinStripeUK

AT LONG F*CKING LAST!!! Finally got a break thanks to what looked like SEVERE lag! Angel City, down near the 'market', I doom a Strider and the pilot actually ejects. As I open up with the Chaingun he starts to fall to earth and... Just hangs there! Literally, in mid air for about three seconds!

And you know what? I don't feel 'skilled', I just feel lucky. My opinion of this challenge hasn't changed now I've finally broken it - it's bullsh*t having it where it is in the progression ladder, it should be one of the last you have to do. If I could (and it would work) I'd set up a Private match with each and every person currently having trouble with this and let them Gooser kill me for free - THAT'S how strongly I feel about it!

As it stands, I certainly won't feel bad if anyone does get me that way, because they fully deserve a reward for all the grief they're going through now.

• Like Like x 2
  6. BallisticDad

Elite Pilot

@TwinStripeUK I am so glad you made it to Gen 6. Kinda funny how luck worked on your side there!

At this point I am going to have to just "agree to disagree". I think it was very brave of Respawn to make a new kind of FPS game for the world. It has so many new and exciting things built into the game. Pilots, Titans, two sets of loadouts and a progression system that is NOT solely based on time. One can not just simply, play a lot, and reach max rank. They must get passed challengers, and some of them are hard! In fact, when they add more Gen Ranks (because I believe they should in a future DLC, since its way too easy to hit max rank now.) the need to make Gens 11-15 much harder than 5-10, and I think or hope this is what they are going for.

Again, sorry you had trouble. Glad you got passed it. I hope every Gen gives you a good challenge.

7. kbrock1

kbrock1 Gen10
    Elite Pilot

The next tricky one is dropping all those titans on people,... and for some reason, assassinations were really tricky,..in the atlas,.. like ppl were TRYING to kill em first or let me get someone doomed, then block me on the road,..

• Creative Creative x 1
  8. TwinStripeUK

A magnanimous and wise choice which I humbly defer to (see how eloquent I get when the red mist lifts)? I do actually agree with everything you say, and I think if perhaps the weapon challenges were introduced in the same order you receive them in in normal play, it would make the challenges increasingly harder, rather than the weird 'bell-curve' you have before the 9-10 transition. I too think they'll add more generations, probably not as high as 50, but maybe 30, and it'll be interesting to see how the challenges relate to that.
    As for yourself, I wish you good luck with your Generation 5 journey, and I'd definitely suggest using the Arc Cannon as soon as it becomes available (not only because it takes a while to learn how to use it best against Titans, but it's a veritable XP generator when used against ground troops and can completely turn the tide of an Attrition match in 30 seconds. Keep an eye on the skies right away though!
    And I CERTAINLY wish you a much less frustrating time with Gooser than I've had!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  9. BallisticDad

Elite Pilot

@TwinStripeUK, Thank you! That was the best debate on a forum I have had in awhile. This should be an example for all trolls! One can express their differences, ideas and thoughts without being a troll!!!!

Good luck on Gen 6 Pilot!

10. goldenboy7851

goldenboy7851 Generation 1

I just got to gen 5 and I looked at the challenges and I seen the gooser challenge. I looked at how kills you have go get and I was disappointed to see that it was 50 ejecting pilots when does the patch come out for xbox 360

11. Finnster75

Finnster75 Generation 1

Not impossible. Use a Titan with chaingun. Rodeo Titans. Watch your teammate finish off a Titan and aim over. More luck than skill, but doable, good luck

12. Achmed is here

Achmed is here Generation 4

it aint really hard if you equip the chain gun with extended max and then if you got experince you should know where people are as they eject even auto eject, with that in mind i've only so far gotten 5 out of the total 50 needed
    if ya aint in a titan then use the kraber sniper a little more difficult but with timing and precision it wont take long

13. Retom7

Retom7 Generation 1

I was pleased with this. I think if anything, the Gooser challenge should have been for Gen 9 or something. It isn't that hard to kill an ejecting pilot. I had a game today where I killed two. However, given the number of Gen 10s there were in the game after a week or two, I'd have a hard time believing all of those people did it without the help of an opposing team member.

All in all, I'd rather people stay interested in the game so I have a larger MP base. I enjoy leveling up, but once I hit Gen 10, I still full intend on playing more. I remember playing endless hours of SOCOM on the PS2, and that was before achievements or any sort of level system. Christ, what did we all do back then?

All that said, I would have been fine if they just cut that down to somewhere between 10-25. 5 is a small number, but it makes for some easy XP these next few Gens!

14. Ik0n88x

Ik0n88x Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Getting these 50 people killed by drops is a little challenging. You definitely get more when you're not thinking about it.

15. AsternPath98

AsternPath98 Generation 2

I think they should move the gooser challenge up to G9-G10 and keep it at 50 kills,a challenge is supposed to be hard.

16. KeiSon

KeiSon Generation 4
    Elite Pilot

I though it was too much and they reduced it too much. When the achievement is 10 kills. Think the Tier 5 requirement should of been 25. Is pretty easy once you get the hang of it.