gooser

Discussion in 'General Titanfall discussion' started by undeadunderware, May 24, 2014.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. undeadunderware

undeadunderware Generation 4

i know this has probably been done before, i am stuck on the ejecting pilot kills. How people got 50 i will never know I take my hat off to them. People talk about the arc cannon is this to get them on the sky or at point of ejection? I have got 3 in a week and to be honest don't know how i managed that!

2. Myl0tt

Myl0tt Generation 3

Get in your titan with the chain gun shot them out of the sky is the easy way you will get the hang of it

3. undeadunderware

I will stick with the extended mag chain gun. I think on some games the lobby list see my gen and decide to not eject or use autotitan. In 6 hours play i think i saw two ejecting pilots but my aim was spoilt by another titan thumping me. Patience is the key then?

4. SnoSurfer

SnoSurfer Generation 4

Chain gun is definely what worked for me, just be sure to have plenty of bullets left for the ejecting pilot.

Some lobbies are just better for it than others as sometimes entire teams all have auto eject or cloak equipped! But sometimes you get the real easy ones with a group that ejects straight up with no cloak... Be sure to aim in the sky before they eject, the easiest spot to hit them is at the apex of their eject as they stall in the air before falling back down.

In the right lobby you should be able to get 2-3 in a game at least. Pick your Titan fights to make sure you are there and free to focus on the gooser.

• Like Like x 2
  5. UKCowboy74

UKCowboy74 Generation 4

Got my First one with the Arc Cannon but as the Others have said Chaingun with Extended Mags helped me get my other 4 in one night

• Like Like x 1
  6. undeadunderware

will stick with that , thanks

7. ParaNormanBates

ParaNormanBates Generation 4

I got mine in 5 different ways. Mostly un-intentional.

1. Rodeo w/ Satchel charge in the air. Atlas pilots are always 15deg to left to you. Just look slightly left and wait for the pilot to be visible.
    2. Chain gun with rapid fire. I kept firing at the head of the atlas and co-incidentally the ejecting pilot got caught on the rapid fire.
    3. Nuclear ejection. I did not even know that I got one till the game summary. I was just a foot away from the other ogre and I ejected just a few seconds before the other pilot.
    4. Satchel charge. Rodeo the titan and after doomed place the satchels on the head, get off, and right when the arms of the titan lifts up, pull the trigger.
    5. My final one was the only one I got in the air from my titan with a chain gun like everyone else.
    I know. I know. I'm the worst gooser killer in the planet. But hey, sitting 10 feet away from a 55in tv with Xbox One makes it really hard for me.

• Creative Creative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. undeadunderware

these are great. Since concentrating on them I am starting to see more ejecting pilots (see but miss!) and I got one with the 40mm cannon which I was having to use as we were up against a cracking team. May have jinxed myself but reckon will get them tonight. 2 to go thank goodness not 42 though

9. A.C

A.C Generation 4

It's easy dude.

Chaingun Extended Mags and actively look for ejecting pilots. It's just a case of steady aim and getting the kill.

The ironic thing is, once you have completed the Goosers, you will actively look for them and earn them with ease too. Why would you give up a free kill? That's what a gooser opportunity is - a free kill.

Tips? Be sure to reload before an ejection is expected so that you don't run out of ammo mid-Goose.

Avoid being too close to a doomed Titan as this will narrow the field of vision making the Gooser harder to track.

Maps such as Airbase and Outpost are good for Goosers because the night sky shows the jet-packs much clearer against the dark background.

• Like Like x 2
  10. undeadunderware

I am starting to see them more and jump back when the titan is doomed, once i get the knack i am sure it will get easier but my steady aim keeps getting knocked by other titans!

11. Unuseful_Idiot

Unuseful_Idiot Generation 3

Honestly I have no idea why people are doing this with arc cannon.
    It's so easy with chaingun.

Try to have the doomed titan at the middle of your screen, then you can easily hit even cloaked pilot, as the flying path is quite easy to track.

I got mine gooser kills in no-time (I was very surprised how easy it was)

12. undeadunderware

I
    Thanks, I am not being very lucky. Played for hours last night and every team was a good one and all of mine well they were new to the game and it was more a case of trying not to get pummelled. Ended it stuck in my ogre with cannon in mainly 2 or 3 on one. I put the challenges to one side when playing attrition. Would last titan standing be better for this challenge?

13. UKCowboy74

UKCowboy74 Generation 4

Got all mine on either Attrition or Hardpoint the Problem with doing it on LTS is the other Titans once you doom one and look up you're still being fired on by other Titans so it knocks your Aim off and you're more likely to miss the Gooser

14. undeadunderware

I found out about LTS not being gooser friendly this morning but have not really played that mode enjoyed it but got confused as to why people jump from titan at beginning of match....comedy moment was joined a lobby second round on rise map, three guys jumped out of titan and one then just autoejects and detonates next to me in the space of a minute before we had even seen an enemy titan. It didn't go well

15. AdrianLudvik

AdrianLudvik Generation 2

chaingun. or rodea until the pilot ejects and use the smartpistol.

16. SnoSurfer

SnoSurfer Generation 4

Some people jump out of their Titan as they are working on other challenges, such as kills or critical hits with anti Titan pilot weapons. As to why a pilot would eject and destroy his Titan, that's just weird, I guess trollers be trollin!

• Like Like x 1
  17. AdrianLudvik

AdrianLudvik Generation 2

Yea, LTS isn't the best. I just did variety pack. Just watch out for titans in wide open spaces and you'll find yourself getting nice goose. the worst is theres an ejection indoors.

• Like Like x 1
  18. undeadunderware

S
    smartpistil in the air, have you done that!

19. ParaNormanBates

ParaNormanBates Generation 4

Smart pistol is not a good idea at least after the patch #3 as the pilot would longer than usual. Satchel or CAR smg would be better.

20. undeadunderware

thanks for the advice