Greetings!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Bashmanstar, Apr 30, 2017.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Bashmanstar

Bashmanstar Generation 1

Hi there Gen 10 Pilot from TF1 here. Not playing TF2 yet, still on XBox 360 for now. Not sure if any of you peeps still play TF1 but I like it.

Anyway if you wanna hook up for games tag is Bashmanstar.

Fav pilot weapons depending on maps:

Carbine extended mags
    R97 scatterfire (got me out of a few tight spots)
    CAR SMG counterweight
    Spitfire slammer if there's lots of titans around.

Tac ability
    Cloak for carbine/spitfire
    Stim for smg's
    Active radar pulse has its uses but prefer stim

Ordinance
    Satchels all day

Fav secondary
    Auto pistol (lazy to use anything else!)

Anti titan weapon
    Charge rifle (also my sniper rifle) hence use of auto pistol

Tier kits
    Power cell
    Ordinance
    Run gun
    Minion detector

Fav titan
    Atlas or Stryder
    Quad rockets rapid fire
    40 mm extended mags
    Smoke
    Cluster missile
    Nuclear eject
    Core accelerator or big punch

Hope to see some of you in TF1!

• Like Like x 1
  2. ensc

ensc Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Welcome aboard Bashmanstar! TF1 is near and dear to my heart and is still my favorite video game ever. I play on PC. I play TF2, but I still play TF1 way more than TF2. For every 1 hour I play of TF2, I probably play 4 hours of TF1. Just far superior mechanics and incredibly well designed maps. The multiplayer has a very alive, war-like feel to it, because they put 100% of their focus on the multiplayer in TF1. In TF2, they probably spent the majority of their time on the Single Player Campaign which occupies about 5 to 10 hours of your time. And then, to make things worse, rather than just using the remaining time to add some maps and just build on the TF1 multiplayer, they unnecessarily wasted an enormous amount of time changing every core functionality of the mechanics of the multiplayer to appease the traditional FPS crowd. So, after all of the time spent on the Single Player to occupy 5 to 10 hours, and all the time spent unnecessarily ripping out the heart of what made TF1 great, they only had time to scrape together 9 small, very poorly designed maps with choke points, two of which should have never made it out of the concept phase (Complex and Crash Site). Anyway, my point is, you are still living in the better world and I spend most of my time there too.

Since you shared your favorite setups, here are mine:

Hardpoint Domination Setup (only changes for Attrition mode):

Pilot:
    EVA-8 Shotgun with Leadwall (Smart Pistol MK5 with Enhanced Targeting)
    Sidewinder Anti-Titan Weapon
    RE-45 Auto Pistol
    Stim
    Arc Grenades
    Quick Reload Kit
    Warpfall Transmitter (Minion Detector)

Titan (this is the worst thing about TF2, you cannot customize your titans like this, they are preset):
    Stryder
    40MM Cannon with Extended Magazine
    Electric Smoke
    Cluster Missiles
    Nuclear Ejection
    Auto-Eject

• Like Like x 1
  3. Bashmanstar

Bashmanstar Generation 1

Hi Ensc thanks for the welcome.

How did I forget warpfall transmitter??? Of course I use that with the slammer duh!! Had a few good titanfalls with that!!!

I've heard a lot about TF2 and to be honest it doesn't appeal to me that much more than TF1 although I will try it eventually.

The 360 TF1 community is not thriving I suppose but you can always get a game.

Re your load outs am not so good with a shotgun but been killed by it a fair few times so fairplay to you for that.

The SP I use sometimes but only if we are losing or if someone kills me a lot with it.

Stryder with a 40mm is interesting may have to try that but am not sure if I'm a good enough at aiming and dancing at the same time

Arc grenades I do like but I just seem to do way better with satchels

I think overall I like the atlas because of the damage core. whack a turbo engine on and its dance dance dance

I've seen some peeps use an arc cannon on a Stryder to great effect lately but me I just can't get away with that gun.

Anyway thx for your points and opinion and good luck in the frontier!

• Like Like x 1
  4. rainman0211

rainman0211 Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Welcome to the community pilot. Liked the first game so much I started another account a did it again. I'm on XB1 unfortunately or I'd enjoy a few games of TF1.:)

• Like Like x 1
  5. ensc

ensc Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

#5 ensc, Apr 30, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2017
    Yes, I use this because I admittedly have never been a good killer. I actually hated Attrition for about the first year and 50 points would have been an outstanding game for me. At around the one year point, a friend suggested how I could enjoy Attrition more. They suggested using the minion detector and the sp and the Stryder. Prior to that, I mainly used the Atlas. Making those 3 adjustments changed everything. You just have to learn to ignore all the frustrated losers endlessly whining "sp noob" What they don't understand is that probably 75% of my minions are not from the sp, but from using my Stryder as a minion lawn mower. The other thing I always throw back in their face is my titan kills and low deaths. I normally get 5 to 8 titan kills per match. I normally don't die or only die 1 time. I'm actually furious with myself if I die 1 time. Because of those things, I can always tell the sp whiners, "the sp didn't take down 8 titans or keep you from killing me". The other thing is it's called Attrition not Pilot Hunter and it is not a man part's measuring contest. There is only one column that counts and it is the one that says Attrition Points, therefore I am going to do whatever I have to do to play the mode to the best of my ability.

Yes, it takes time, but once your titan fighting is good, the speed of the Stryder is far more valuable than having the extra armor of the Atlas.

I prefer your satchels in TF2, because they weakened the arc grenades in TF2. Satchels are great for being precise. However, in TF1, you may have to get too close for my liking to use the precise satchels. Since I mainly played Hardpoint Domination, what they are great for is thowing both arc grenades ahead of you into the hardpoint before you enter and 2 direct hits will kill a pilot and even if he's still alive, his vision is impaired when you get there. They also have other benefits. One is taking down a titan's shields and then I could finish him off with the Sidewinder. Another benefit is throwing 1 arc grenade into a pack of grunts or spectres in Attrition takes out the whole pack, even more efficiently than the sp. If you are used to satchels though, one thing you will hate in TF2 is how they have delayed them. It will not trigger until it firmly lands on the ground and even then it seems slightly delayed on top of that.

I'm not familiar with the turbo engine. Could you explain this please?

Yeah, I actually have 4 accounts with TF1 in them. On a couple different occasions, I had all 4 accounts at rank Diamond IV at the same time. :)

• Like Like x 2
  6. rainman0211

rainman0211 Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Now that is just outstandingpilot!!!

• Like Like x 2
  7. ensc

ensc Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Thanks! Appreciate it.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Bashmanstar

Bashmanstar Generation 1

Hi Rainman thank you also for the welcome. Maybe see you on xbox1 in the not too distant future.

Hi Ensc your points about the SP I agree with although my rep takes a hit for being unsporting when I use it not that I care that much. As you say haters gonna hate!

I also like arc grenades for your reasons stated but my aim is pretty good with satchels and I can throw them that bit further with some momentum.

The turbo engine is a burn card that I like to save up and from what I understand when used, it makes an Atlas almost as fast as a Stryder with no dash quickcharger. Coupled with the core accelerator makes an atlas a pretty quick wrecking machine.

Also respect to you both for playing through the challenges again that's pretty hardcore!