HEADSET ETIQUETTE

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by kbrock1, Apr 22, 2014.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. kbrock1

kbrock1 Gen10
    Elite Pilot

OK so my tv is barely audible to me, but any gunfight picks it up on m mic,... Im not just gonna mute my mic all the time, but i cant make it any quieter,..

suggestions?

im tired of 'man you need to turn that crap down' or stop breathing so hard into your mic'

i cant hear it. Remember to be polite first.

I try to, and when it happens over, and over and OVER, AND OVER!"

once again,... be kind to each other.. You can never know which Titanfall will be your last

2. Bear

Bear That ain't falco.
    Elite Pilot

uh.....

Mute the TV? Obv. Do you not have a headset that has game sound? If not, get one. Turtle beaches run around $100.
    Also yer sig is broke. Only other thing is to mute yer mic.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. kbrock1

kbrock1 Gen10
    Elite Pilot

So i have to e options of either muting the game sound altogether,.. spending 100 dollars i dont have on a Mic with game sound built in,.. or just not talking at all?

doesnt sound very promising

4. Kingkat54

Kingkat54 Generation 7

There many other headsets that are less expensive.

Sennheiser, Plantronics, M$ 360 Chat, most less than $50USD

5. Bear

Bear That ain't falco.
    Elite Pilot

Those don't work with the xbox one do they? Or does the adapter allow for all headsets?

6. Christopher

Christopher Generation 2

Do you still have the foam on the tip of your mic? Surprisingly makes a huge difference when picking up unneeded noises. If not i suggesting make-shifting it for your headset. that will at least take out your breathing from the mic. Also try positioning your mice a little above you mouth not below it or in front of it. It will pick up the same volume but cut out the air from passing over the mic.

7. Linkz973

Linkz973 Generation 4

well with the adapter and headset will work and deliver game sound but honestly how close do you sit to your tv even with my tv loud nobody hears my tv. Theirs a chance that your headset is broken

8. kbrock1

kbrock1 Gen10
    Elite Pilot

that hurts my brain.

ill say about 12 feet,...

9. Linkz973

Linkz973 Generation 4

... gotta love swipe and auto correct not only that but also I ment to say any*

10. kbrock1

kbrock1 Gen10
    Elite Pilot

im just not sure whats causing it with my tv. Its so quiet I cant hear grunts yelling out call outs,..but if i get into a titan fight, it gets louder,..

like Dynamic Sound.

i paid a lot for this game, and I refuse to just cut out the game audio altogether, but i am seriously tired of being told to turn it down.

11. Linkz973

Linkz973 Generation 4

What system are you using? If it's the xbox one then it might be the way its configured, have you had other issues with any other game?

12. Kingkat54

Kingkat54 Generation 7

You are right Bear.......................I know The M$ has one for Xbox.........generally thought, most headsets have similar styles for consoles.

13. Jackaustin

Jackaustin Generation 3

Play around with your in game noises and your xbox one settings you would be suprised :)

14. daennika

daennika Generation 5
    Elite Pilot

Maybe plug in headphones into your tv, and tape the microphone around your neck!

15. tommy290

tommy290 Generation 3

I don't have any recommendations for specific headsets for Xbox, but you really should invest in a set. I don't know how people play video games without a headset. It's an amazing difference.

16. rainman0211

rainman0211 Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

He'll, I use the headphones from my phone. Good enough for me when I don't want to pull out the turtle beach headphones.

17. Bliteyyy

Bliteyyy Generation 2

If you are wanting to buy a new gaming headset try and avoid turtle beaches.Siberia V2s or V3 are very good headsets and are relatively cheap, blows pretty much any TB out the water while being cheaper than most of them too.

18. Bruvas

Bruvas Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

For the xbox one I bought the official xbox headset as it was the cheapest and I only wanted to stop wakening up the wife and kids rather than go hard-core.

It's ok, but if the game volume is up on them sometimes there's an echo through the MIC that annoys others in the party. Probably due to the MIC being quite short.