Hello PC Player's, I'm thinking of taking the plunge!!

Discussion in 'Titanfall PC' started by KernelClamjuice, Jul 17, 2016.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. KernelClamjuice

KernelClamjuice Generation 6
    Elite Pilot

well......my son is more of a gamer than I am......and ultimately I am exploring this option for him...

I have to admit, I'm intrigued as well.

We are Xbox ...PS4 and Wii people.......but I hear and read many wonderful things about PC Gaming.

So...if you have the time and energy......can you help us build a PC for gaming?

What should I expect?

Surfing the NET I've seen some tutorials and reviews on building towers but I thought I would ask my Titanfall family first..

Anything you could share would be of benefit.

Good things.....and Bad........

I don't want to say the words Money is no object but I tend to have and want nice things.... I also am of the opinion it's ok to get bigger and better than what you need....

Please keep in mind I am somewhat savy in PC knowledge but I am 46 so take that with a grain of salt.....

I guess what I'm saying is please explain things in Moron Terms.....lol

{Dave}

2. Trini Chinese

Trini Chinese Generation 7

have a look at this web site , the prices are ok as they seem to build it for you, also you can compare prices to getting the parts your self , it tends to cost cheaper when doing this but take into account when doing any buind , you should buy all if not most parts around the same time when you are ready to build and keep in mind that this can cost , you can look around and check prices.don't just buy on the first price you see as they change with that said keep a look out for good and best price as you may be lucky to get a part at a very cheap price .

https://www.cyberpowerpc.com/category/gaming-pcs/

Things you need to cross reference and take into account when buying.
    1. PC case, size very important . cross hair vengeance c70 is a great buy but there are others take a look at the site first then we can assist as when it comes to pc it still boils down to preference,price,what you need it to do , so on and so on.

here is a pc i built below.
    IMG_20160517_010639779.jpg IMG_20160517_010650814.jpg IMG_20160517_010639779.jpg IMG_20160517_010650814.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  3. Trini Chinese

pic

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  4. KernelClamjuice

Elite Pilot

I did find a bunch of things on the net.

I'm hoping for some personal opinions as well..

Thanks for the link......and pics..

5. Bruvas

Bruvas Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

To keep the costs low but give decent performance, nVidia have just launches their 1060 which is meant to be spectacular for the price. My pal just upgraded to the radeon rx 480 8gb which was £225 and I was shocked at how powerful it was.

• Like Like x 1
  6. KernelClamjuice

Elite Pilot

So do I read correctly.

The Xbox1 controller can work on the PC?

7. KernelClamjuice

Elite Pilot

What about Monitors?

How much Memory?

I'd like to know about the mistakes you have all made in building your first Tower...........and why they were a mistake..

8. Bruvas

Bruvas Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

• Like Like x 1
  9. Bruvas

Bruvas Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Here's a machine for you! No monitors, keyboard, mouse, speakers, headset etc, but it's only £4561 including VAT!!

wp_ss_20160718_0004.png

• Like Like x 1
  10. Trini Chinese

for monitors look up asus predator 34 inch widescreen curve ,

• Like Like x 1
  11. Trini Chinese

the tower i chose was the best investment i made as it's the second build, on of the main reason i chose th c70 was for the space and wire management , with that said also to cater for the liquid cool cpu cooler i chose , not water cool but rather liquid cool . as you will have to cater for mother board and you memory space to all fit in.
    if you can afford it go 32 gb of memory , do you need it no 16 gb is enough but better to have in the even you need it. 4 sticks 8 gb each 4 slots on the board = 32 .

power supply , go gold rated and get 850 to 1000 w powersupply , modular is better .
    then which cpu / processor brand / intel or amd , i chose amd this will define your mother board and memory
    get new memory ddr4 , with that said it;s new tech so you will have to see what board are compatible.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Trini Chinese

first option
    1. chose a FULL TOWER case look for something with good wire management . many options.
    2. power supply make sure you have enough power as you will have to take into account how many fans you want to put alont with HDD and so on
    3. hard drives , make the investment in a SSD , there are many brands , Samsung most popular but there are other choices this will be you drive to boot your system. after that you can chose HHD hard drives 4gb or more for storage hence the case you buy will define that also,
    4. CPU which brand AMD or INTEL , both are good and will define the other parts you will purchase.
    5. liquid cpu cooler a great investment , better than fan cooled but opinions would vary. dual liquid cool
    these are the basic that you need which in turn will define the direction of the other parts you are going to get.
    6. upon choosing a mother board look at the ports at the back see what they offer ,HDMI , DVI ,and how many USB slots there will be this also goes with the graphic card you chose .
    7. with a great mother board you may not need to get a sound card , it's not needed in this day and age , just my opnion but still you have the option to put it in in the future if you chose to.
    8 Graphix card 1 to 2 if you choose , with sli bridge do you need 2 no will it help yes to a certain exten should be same brand and make.
    9. Memory at lease 16 gb two 8 gb sticks would or should be the lease amount , you still have 2 slots open on your mother board to add 2 more to ramp up to 32 gb. must be same brand and series this is important so chose carefully buy all at the same time .

• Like Like x 1
  13. Trini Chinese

if this is your first build , don't get overwhelmed and i am talking from my own experience , new tech come out every year and it does not mean you have to get the best upgrades every time because the major differences are minimal at best. build a mid gaming pc first get the experience then if you like it go big if cost is not an option but remember this even an expensive rig has it,s problems .

14. KernelClamjuice

Elite Pilot

Good info..thanks...