Help! "Titanfall.exe has stopped working"

Discussion in 'Titanfall PC' started by QuantumPhoenix, Apr 11, 2014.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. QuantumPhoenix

QuantumPhoenix Generation 1

Well, the new patch for Titanfall was released yesterday. So I get on, and I successfully enter the title screen, and everything seems fine. I click play, SECOND it reaches the private lobby, It stops responding with the error message "Titanfall.exe has stopped working." and crashes to the desktop. Help would be appreciated.

SPECS:

(Custom Built)
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 285
    3 TB HDD
    6.00 GB RAM
    Intel Core i7 920 2.67 GHZ
    Windows 8.1

2. marthiFiC!

marthiFiC! Generation 4

I would definitely try verifying integrity of the game. If that doesn't solve it, it may be a hardware issue.

• Like Like x 1
  3. HeadofIT

HeadofIT Generation 2

I am having this exact same problem and have exhausted every single possibility that it could be. This issue is really getting on my nerves now. Do you think there could be any other possibilities?

4. QuantumPhoenix

Could it be video settings? I would not think so, but I turned AA off because everything was going all screwy with it on... Doubt it, but a possibility. Also, I forgot to mention, before this, the Origin updater stopped at 20%, but I eventually got it back up. Complete re-installs for the game do not work...

5. QuantumPhoenix

I have verified the files multiple times, and re-downloading the game does not work. But, since HeadofIT is having the same problem, it is unlikely to be a hardware issue.

6. HeadofIT

HeadofIT Generation 2

Yeh, it's definitely not a hardware issue and have tried reinstall with no luck. Still have the same crash when trying to play.

7. QuantumPhoenix

Not the video settings, (Tried recommended settings, didn't work) but it would seem to be an error with the private lobby... Because I spammed the mouse and managed to get into the burn card menu, but crashed .5 seconds later.

8. marthiFiC!

marthiFiC! Generation 4

If one of you is up for another reinstall, be sure to manually delete the files in the Respawn fold of "My Documents". Many uninstall routines leave those, and they often contain settings that can be corrupted.

9. HeadofIT

HeadofIT Generation 2

Alright I'll give it a go and report back ASAP.

10. Seferg

Seferg Generation 2

I posted about this problem weeks ago and got little help, it hasn't improved. sometimes I can play as long as I want, sometimes in the first match or 2 it dumps me out. I have always been dumped during a match. frustrating and I don't see the need to spend any more on this game until its fixed

11. HeadofIT

HeadofIT Generation 2

Damn, that's not good. But lucky you've played a match, I bought this game on Friday and haven't had a chance to play a match yet. It won't let me in the private lobby, just crashes. So frustrating.

12. HeadofIT

HeadofIT Generation 2

Just tried it, deleted the respawn files and re-installed . Sadly no luck.

13. Richie95F0

Richie95F0 Generation 1

Same issue here. Reformatted to 8.1 from 7 and now back to 7 with ZERO luck. Ive even gone as far as purchasing a driver update program and updating all of my 'out of date' drivers (which werent out of date) with still no luck. Im runninga dell precision t7400 with crossfired radeon hd 4850's. Contacting ea support later to see

14. Seferg

Seferg Generation 2

bump, still happening, any fix yet???

15. Richie95F0

Richie95F0 Generation 1

There is a fix. I couldnt wait any longer.. you guys gotta upgrade to a dx11 card or greater. Dx10 csrds wont work. Yeah dx is supposed to downgrade, but with titanfall, it doesnt

16. marthiFiC!

marthiFiC! Generation 4

I was going to post this before but I couldn't find a way to do it without being rude.

17. Richie95F0

Richie95F0 Generation 1

Unsure exactly as to why it wont downgrade but whatevs. It was time for an upgrade. Now if I could get more than 1/8" between my 2 crossfire cards we would be good