Help with green players... how did I get in this party?

Discussion in 'Titanfall 360 & Xbox One' started by kilanrand, Sep 22, 2016.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. kilanrand

kilanrand Generation 2

Hi, sometimes I see other players who are "green" in a game. When I exit the game it asks if I want to leave "with party". How did I get into a party? Is there some auto-join option I'm not aware of?

I'm not super familiar with xboxlive, so yeah.

2. rainman0211

rainman0211 Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

I used to see "Green People" :eek: but that was back in the days of my LSD experimentations:rolleyes:, but the green guys you are seeing now are I'm assuming are from your friends list.

• Funny Funny x 3
  3. ensc

ensc Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Yeah, I believe that if you had ever invited someone on your Friends list to a game, even if it was 2 weeks ago or a month ago, if they right-click on you in their Friends list and select "Send Message", when their chat window comes up it will have a "Join Game" button there, so if they click it, so long as there is room on your team, it will add them to your game even though you didn't necessarily invite them today. If that happens, then yes, it will prompt you about whether you want to "Leave With Party" when you finally decide to leave the game. I believe that is probably what is happening based on your description.

4. kilanrand

kilanrand Generation 2

yeah this happened to me before I had an friends on xbox the first time, and the person last night isn't on my friends list...

5. kilanrand

kilanrand Generation 2

OK thanks - I dont remember ever being on the same team with this person. I've personally never invited anyone to a team before ( though I have been on some ). The problem was this person was pretty bad, and it kept putting us on same side. How to resolve this in the future?

6. ensc

ensc Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Well, I guess the most effective way to avoid this would be to go through your Friends list, decide which ones you want to keep (that you would be OK if they joined you in a game), and then unfriend all of the others, because if someone appears as green, it is definitely because they are connected to you as a Friend in that game. If you try to leave and you get that "Leave with party?" question, then that means you were considered the leader, which means they joined you. Hope that helps.

7. kilanrand

kilanrand Generation 2

Yeah - weird part is

1) This happened before I ever had any xbox friends ( new to xbox gaming )
    2) This most recent person isn't an xbox friend

That was why I was wondering if there is some "auto accept" invites option or something.... can you invite someone to a party who isn't a friend?

Not a big deal - just something that has confused me for a while.

8. ensc

ensc Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

hmm... that is very strange, I'm sorry I've never heard of that happening and I don't have a good explanation for you. If you figure out what is going on, please post what was happening here so others know if it happens to them. Thanks

9. BattleReadyPB

BattleReadyPB Generation 5

I've had it happen a handful of times. Xbox glitches, I've even had people in which I have disputes with join up on me lmao. Awkward!
    And same thing, I'll go to join up with someone on my friends list and it'll slap me with some other people.

10. kilanrand

kilanrand Generation 2

OK good to know! It has only happened 2x, so it isn't a big deal!

11. kilanrand

kilanrand Generation 2

no worries! If I do figure it out, I'll post back.

12. RottweilerluvNZ

RottweilerluvNZ Generation 5
    Elite Pilot

So long as the good guys are on your side, you'll be right!!! green better than red!

Me, I can't join parties on some servers, had firewall sorted but still isn't sorted (which doesn't really make sense) can get into game and see all the greenies on another server, but outside of Aus party tells me to P off!

Even better still can see dudes on other servers online they invite and I still get kicked.

So, maybe its a broad problem!, both who are those guys and can't get in.