Here come the hackers.

Discussion in 'Titanfall PC' started by john mason, Mar 11, 2014.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. john mason

john mason Generation 2

Just played a capture the flag game and there was an aim bot guy in there. So stupid man, this is why we need to be able to vote people out or something, the game will be ruined if not fixed.

2. SPEKTRE76

SPEKTRE76 Generation 2

I had one map camping in the far back on top of a building on Angel City. They need to get 'Battle Eye' which is used in ArmA 2 and 3.

3. john mason

john mason Generation 2

I hope they dont plague this game because it is so fun, it would ruin the game.

4. Clarkeh

Clarkeh Post-Patch Generation 6 Pilot
    Elite Pilot

Its a concern for me thier using that utter shite anti-hack FairFight supplied via Origin, It was used for I:SS and if any of you here played that game you would know how hack infested it is.

5. WhoIsDo

WhoIsDo Generation 7
    Administrator

For those of you that have seen the aimbot, I'm assuming this is happening primarily on PC, correct?

6. Pilot_KC

Pilot_KC 6th Gen Pilot
    Elite Pilot

I'd be genuinely shocked if there weren't any hackers on day 1 of a new release fps.

As I've stated before, its the only downside to PC gaming and the only thing that can be done is get evidence, report them and see how harshly the developers are willing to deal with them.

The reason I'm against kick vote systems is 8 times out of 10 the other player being complained about is not hacker and is just going on a kill streak.

7. RayFromJersey

RayFromJersey Generation 4

That's why I'm playing as much as possible before more hackers show up.

8. bluechipps

bluechipps Generation 1

Not to say you didn't in fact witness someone aim-botting, but my guess is that it was probably none other than the built-in "aim-assist" which gets turned on when you plug in a gamepad to your PC. I know for most PC gamers this will be the first time they've encountered this kind of thing in an FPS so its understandable to initially assume the worst. That being said, with an "aimbot" feature being built into the game I won't be the least bit surprised if it ends up directly contributing to the development of hacks/exploits.

9. john mason

john mason Generation 2

It was not aim assist at all, trust me. He was headshotting people from across the map without aiming, and he didnt die. He was jumping and running around like an idiot and just scoring headshots.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Tcbys

Tcbys Generation 2

Ugh.... Dont remind me of that shite.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Hustletron

Hustletron Generation 1

Whole lot of speculation in this thread......

12. Laddie13

Laddie13 Generation 4

Respawn is working hard on getting rid of the cheaters. The best way of catching them is by you guys reporting them. Usernames, which server and as many details as you can offer will be a big help. Some people are even sending in screenshots and video proof.

You can always private message me here, and I can get your information to Respawn. I'll also link you to a list of all current Respawn forum moderators.

http://www.respawn.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=3246

• Like Like x 2
  13. KingOfGaems

KingOfGaems Helpin' you in the best way, day by day.
    Elite Pilot

Oh ouch, FairFight? Atleast Respawn is actively working on banning and getting rid of cheaters.

14. Kingkat54

Kingkat54 Generation 7

While playing a Hard Point match, all of us, on both sides had only 5 to 8 Pilot kills in the entire match. However, one player had a 23 Pilot kills to 3 death ratio.
    I texted that I thought he had a good run in the game. No reply, but he did NOT stay the entire next match.
    Always makes me wonder. If you are GOOD why cheat? Also, no headset indicator in Chat Lobby.
    I am NOT saying he cheated, but his actions mad me suspicious.

• Like Like x 1
  15. CTD-Zor

CTD-Zor Generation 1

where there smoke there's fire. If you see some that has a crazy K/D ratio, there's a very good chance he's got an advantage. I've been a FPS player since the early 90's and have seen all the ways you can cheat or hack or whatever you want to call it. There are some truly amazing players out there but they are few and far in between. The fact is there are a lot of people who will pay for a hack just for their own ego boost. People make money creating hacks, so they are going to be in every shooter game made.

16. ArtOfNoize

ArtOfNoize Generation 1

I am new to this forum, but I have been playing FPS since CS was in beta. I remember when the hacks first started , so I am familiar with people hacking and not just randomly accusing people because they are better than me. I just encountered a hacker that had the wall hack and aim bot going to say the least. 35-0 in hard point and half the match wasn't even over yet. Its not just the K/D ratio, its how they snap from target to target perfectly every time and never waiver. Or know where everyone is every time perfectly. Its a shame too because I am really enjoying this game. I just ended up switching servers, but pretty soon they will be everywhere I fear.

17. Clarkeh

Clarkeh Post-Patch Generation 6 Pilot
    Elite Pilot

Origin's FairFight is the equivalent to a wet paper bag, Useless and all round a waste of time im surprised Respawn went with this anti-hack and didn't create thier own or use a more reliable one at least.

18. D2ultima

D2ultima Generation 4

I can safely say I've seen a couple people I felt were hacking. I usually don't run into any in attrition, but CTF seemed to have a lot of them. My friends and I partied up and went a bunch of games (like 10 in a row) of varying lobbies where most of us went flawless and we'd win 250 to like 68 attrition or something... then we tried some CTF and all of us suddenly had to fight very very hard to not go negative. We actually started avoiding CTF on the whole because killing people was just getting so bloody difficult; far less actually completing the objective of flag running. It makes no logical sense that swapping game modes and keeping the same server cluster instantly destroys our ability to kill people.

Then there was one time I got punched at full health (only my shield was cracked, my titan's health was full) and that ONE punch instantly pulled me out of the titan and destroyed my titan. In the killcam I wasn't even in the doomed state either... I just died in one punch. Also in CTF. Most often what I'd run into is people with a lot of extra health... like I'll start shooting at them and then they'll turn and start shooting at me, and I'll use the Stim pilot bonus and keep firing, and then they'll kill me (sometimes with the same gun I have too) and in the killcam they're only down to like 60%-80% health or something. As for flat out aimbotters, I haven't really run into any. The most I get along those lines is people knowing a little too well where someone is coming from, and without a radar pulse (which you can see in the killcam, mind you). It's still rare though. Like, maybe I'll run into one or two guys every few matches who act like that? If I finish a match where it's impossible for me to do anything to the enemies, I just re-do a search for one and let it go.

• Like Like x 1
  19. hwoarang5

hwoarang5 Generation 3

anyone encounter ping/latency hack cheater ? yesterday i was playing a match up close with them screen lag, they skip in movement, from far is smooth, i even unload 3 shotgun point blank and a kick, the ass just stand there, and then skip to side shoot again and killed me, then me and 2 friends get "trying to connect to server " screen few times when engage up close with them ... they are 2nd gen lvl 30 to 40+, didnt catch the name

20. Laith

Laith Generation 1

I have a few players names that were using aimbots as well. Respawn/EA needs to have this issue addressed ASAP. This is completely offputting and down right low. Three Origin IDs were (1) the n word, the n word, and Titanfallready.