Here come the hackers.

Discussion in 'Titanfall PC' started by john mason, Mar 11, 2014.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Laddie13

Laddie13 Generation 4

Suspected cheaters should be reported to Respawn, or as I mentioned one of the official moderators of the Respawn forums. Video or photo proof is best, if not at least get their username, and describe it as best you can.

Also please remember tracking down cheaters takes some time, but Respawn is definitely working on stopping them.

• Like Like x 1
  2. hwoarang5

hwoarang5 Generation 3

will keep in mind now, any way to record video off while playing? any suggestion beside buying those expensive HD capture devices?

3. Clarkeh

Clarkeh Post-Patch Generation 6 Pilot
    Elite Pilot

I believe you can use shadowplay to record a couple of minutes of footage with an Nvidia card and the program Nvidia Experience.

4. Thomas D.

Thomas D. Generation 1

I've encountered a few "questionable" Pilots myself. I just thought it was random or luck or something until reading some of these replies. I've seen the "Lag Kill" - where I unload an entire magazine into someone and they still manage to run up at kick me- the kill cam showed me just standing there. I've been one-shot punched by a Titan before- now I know there is the punch upgrade skill, but this was way different. I've also been spawn camped repeatedly during a CTF match. Die, spawn, and there is someone standing right there with a shotgun shooting me. I've seen the huge K/D ratios on some pilots and just wondered if they are really that good. Now I know better. And come to think about it, this seems to happen the most on CTF. I wonder if that's some kind of limitation or something on bots? /shrug

I don't cheat, I play to have fun.

5. flukester

flukester Generation 2

A simple Google/YouTube search can clearly give you a good idea of the cheats. Its no mystery. Don't expect them to do anything about it though, like COD they did nothing. I love the recording advice too. Ya record while your game is video lagging, ya record the guy.LOL Just leave the game and find another.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Kaeldian

Kaeldian Generation 2

I've seen a handful hacking - it's not quite bad yet.

Actually saw somebody using an aimbot to keep his smart pistol on me (literally, his crosshairs kept centered on my head). I was too shocked to be upset about it. I was like "really? You have to use an aimbot with your smart pistol?"

Didn't even call him out, I just chuckled to myself and disconnected.

• Like Like x 1
  7. RayFromJersey

RayFromJersey Generation 4

aimbot + smart pistol? lol

8. iLLcAtTiViSsiMo

iLLcAtTiViSsiMo Generation 2

PC gamer tweeted that Respawn has stated they have an anti-cheat mechanism ready to use. It's just not incorporated yet. Apparently they also stated that they are watching hackers closely since launch and have not taken action "yet".

My guess is that hackers can teach the devs a lot if they're allowed to roam free for a little while. In other words, let the hackers do their thing so that Respawn knows EXACTLY what they're up against. Just my opinion.

I've undoubtably come across one or two "questionable" players. There's no penalty for leaving a game early, so just be out and try another lobby.

• Like Like x 1
  9. DropTheWubz

DropTheWubz Generation 1

Oh yea I had few games last week with a guy that was instantly headshotting me with a shotgun from a more than mid-range. So stupid...

10. pantong51

pantong51 Generation 4

I have played over 60 hours and never seen any evidence of this. I've been called that and I do have a high accuracy with my shotty and grenades but not once can I say that I saw a hacker. If I think I do I just watch kill cam and they have a card or something. Not saying there is not hackers on, I just think they are very rare

11. Xurreal

Xurreal Generation 2

Just into about 10 hrs played and got put into a server with an aimbotter.

I tend not to call out hacker for suspicious kills but after 2 games, this guy was obviously aimbotting. At first I was chalking it up to the fact the guy was probably using a controller due to the "sticky ADS / assisted aiming", then it became more obvious when in the killcam his aim jumped from a spectre that ran in front of me and straight to my head after he killed the spectre.

Still, it's pretty rare to experience an aimbotter as I only met one out of the hundreds of games I played.

12. tightenedballs

tightenedballs Generation 1

I'm fairly conservative about calling people out for hax, but one guy was fairly obvious tonight. Spinning around and getting headshots fast as hell. Is there anywhere to report them other than their Origin profile? It doesn't ask specifically what game you're accusing them of cheating in.

13. austerus

austerus Generation 1

Too late. I'm not in my 5th game in a row (after changing lobbies following each one) where I see a different aimbot. One of them was picking on ejecting pilots, got wind of him after a teammate was screaming about dying just as he started coming back down after an ejection. Moment later, it happened to me and in the killcam I could see the guy's target tracking the ejection and shooting just as I reached my pick.

Next game, this dude was camping on a rooftop, aimbot and all. Lvl 8, 21 pilots killed, 0 titans, 38 bots and 0 deaths.

Another one tracked me even through walls, saw his killcam: just standing near a wall, his crosshair moving along the wall tracking something he couldn't see, then I appear around the corner and instant death.

14. CrunchyBit

CrunchyBit Generation 2

You know what's funny? Most of the perks and burn cards in this game are sort of derivative from actual hacks. A hacker only have to mod a few of the properties of the perks and the burn cards to make them permanent for the player, thus no need to created a special hack because most of it is already implemented in the game. Ex. infinite Stim, always on Active Radar, and so on. Plus its harder for anti cheat software to detect these sort of hacks.

15. RayFromJersey

RayFromJersey Generation 4

The burn card bonuses aren't enough for hackers. Once they get owned by people not hacking, they'll turn to more serious hacks like aimbots to help their ego.

16. flukester

flukester Generation 2

Especially more so when cheaters are not getting taken care of. I am just ignoring them or waiting until the round is over. It's funny how you can call one out after the kill messages have gone by and that person responds back, "what are you saying I'm cheating". Last night was funny because when the guy said a few others came to my defence with their own claims about him, namely, why do you think we are talking about you? Says he saw the kill in his messages, ya me and 15 other guys he offed in less than 10 seconds. LOL! Next round the guy was off the server. Pretty obvious when a guy is offing 5 or 6 people with no autopistol and doing 360's, jumping and killing people all around him. Autopistol is not THAT good sorry. I've noticed people too with like unlimited clips... offing a whole bunch of people and always having the clip to do it. Then immediate after he's done it reloads. Lots of cheats in this game and I hope they clean/start banning.

17. Gumpyyy

Gumpyyy Generation 2

Never seen any hackers after about 15 hours of play.

• Like Like x 1
  18. tommy290

tommy290 Generation 3

For those asking about recording. Shadowplay (free if you have a newish Nvidia card) will allow you to either straight record, or it will let you capture a specific amount of previous footage. In other words, there's a rolling 15 minute window you can capture.

Open Broadcast Software is also free and has a record feature.

Thus far, I haven't encountered anyone that looked to be hacking. I'm of the opinion it's not nearly as widespread as some people think.

19. NukeInbound

NukeInbound Generation 3

I haven't encountered any,mostly likely it's just your imagination...

/turn aimbot on
    /aimbot on

Get Wrecked Scrubz

20. jmiester14

jmiester14 Generation 2

I've seen some RIDICULOUS aiming, but as for weapons, some just seem overpowered, anyone agree?

For instance, on Demeter earlier, I was chasing a guy in the center building (point B if it was hardpoint mode) and he went through a doorway in the middle of the wall, throwing a satchel charge behind him. Logically i ran the other way. I was at the corner when it blew. It still killed me. I would have understood if it was amped, but no, this thing had an abnormally large blast radius. Same player then continued to abuse me with them the rest of the match, including less than 2 seconds after a respawn. Ugh.

That said, maybe he was just lucky, I've never used satchel charges before, but it was a little weird.

Respawn needs to use a client-side cheat checker as well, since from what I've read, it is really easy to fool not just FairFight, but ANY kind of server-based anticheat...