high ping issues

Discussion in 'Titanfall PC' started by randtrex, Mar 12, 2014.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. randtrex

randtrex Generation 1

Hey guys,

I played the titanfall beta and had pings of average 50-60 ms. Once I downloaded the full game and started playing it is average of 250+ ms now. It's almost to the point of unplayable. On the server selection screen I am connected to the US West coast and it shows average 60 ms.

Here are the things I have done:

-run anti-virus/malware
    -reset router and computer
    -update/check graphics card settings
    -turned off all torrents/programs
    -shut off port blockers
    -checked my internet connection (fairly fast)

This happening to anyone else? Suggestions?

2. Kingkat54

Kingkat54 Generation 7

East Coast connection. Runs mid 50's consistently. Not sure looks like you did the right stuff.

3. Sgt_rawk

Sgt_rawk Generation 7

Yeah, MS has had issues for some days, perhaps call them, if you can put up with the idiotic support they have. I have ping issues but I am in Australia which explains it.

4. randtrex

randtrex Generation 1

Man I just dropped all my graphics settings down to basic to see if that was an issue. I am clocking in at 900 ms every game now...

5. Bardiel18

Bardiel18 Generation 5
    Elite Pilot

Where are you located dude?

Can't be as bad as us down here... if you're in Australia you have to connect all the way to Singapore's server arrays. I consider a ping of 80 a lucky coincidence...

6. TommyEpic

TommyEpic Generation 1

Have the same issue as you, both in beta and now.. in the menu it says im connected to the eu west one pinging 48ish, when i go into a game its 160 which rly takes its toll in such a fast phased game, i have no idea what to do and i have tried everything. getting to the point where i wanna stop playing

7. Hustletron

Hustletron Generation 1

I also have ping issues, probably because I'm in Hawaii.

8. randtrex

randtrex Generation 1

This issue is getting weirder. I reinstalled direct x, then I completely re-downloaded and reinstalled titanfall last night. The high ping issues did not change when I played campaign mode, but when I load up classic mode it gets around 70-90 and is at least manageable.

9. Chaz

Chaz Generation 6
    Elite Pilot

If that is the case, the campaign and classic MP game modes might be hosted on a separate cluster of servers. That could explain your normal ping in Classic and crazy ping in Campaign. There are probably issues with the Campaign clusters.

10. Sgt_rawk

Sgt_rawk Generation 7

I got on for the first time today, game plays awesome, I had five bar for the whole time, I believe the new servers in Australia when online today...absolutely none of the lag I got with beta...