Horrendous load times

Discussion in 'Titanfall 360 & Xbox One' started by oneburnett, Jun 14, 2014.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. oneburnett

oneburnett Generation 1

Hold on.....
    I love this game.... But....
    I'm about to give up, the load times seem to be getting longer, and it makes me so fucken tired, is anyone else noticing this?
    I know it's not all titanfall cause other games are bad too, but this is getting worse.
    Is it just me?
    Please someone tell me the load times on the ps4 are just as bad.

2. KeiSon

KeiSon Generation 4
    Elite Pilot

Dude have some patience, not like it's taking 10mins to load a match. The loads time aren't any worse then any other games I have for my XB1. Have to remember there sometimes loading 12 people into a match so it can freeze slightly due to it simply waiting for the other players to enter the match.

You want to discover a long loading time that's worth complaining about then play Watch Dogs

3. oneburnett

oneburnett Generation 1

Watch dogs for the one or the ps4?
    And this is supposed to be next gen, I guess what I'm really wondering is if the ps4 is in line with last gen of systems?

4. BigDaddyHotGue

BigDaddyHotGue Generation 4
    Elite Pilot

I guess I'm a little more patient... but I definitely agree. It is a bit frustrating waiting for games to form. I think this has to do more with the availability of other players than pure technical issues. I know for sure sometimes I am waiting 5-7 minutes before finding enough players to full up a match. And it grinds my gears when we finally get to the minimum numbers to start and somebody drops out at the last few seconds. And why doesn't the game automatically re-balance teams? I can't count the number of times when we start a match with 3 or 4 against a full 6 on the other team. How come they don't snatch someone off the other side and balance it out?
    Time of day definitely plays a part. When I'm playing in the evenings down here in Australia it's generally about 1am in the USA and so I find it's really hard to fill up a match. But if I try in the mornings or afternoon down here, load times are definitely much quicker.
    Sometimes I'll jump off one game type and try to jump into another (i.e. ditch Hard Point and try for Attrition) just to get a game. And don't even get me started with the new DLC - Expedition. I can't even remember the last time I got a game there. Wait times are easily way more than 10 minutes on average. It can be really annoying!

5. KeiSon

KeiSon Generation 4
    Elite Pilot

@BigDaddyHotGue were talking bout the load times of the games not the finding players if that makes any sense, thats a different headache altogether lol

@oneburnett can't speak for PS4 don't own one, but it takes long on XB1 and the next gen isn't so much about faster loading times. The powerful system are giving developers more chance to create bigger game content for there games. So it's when you take that in to account it's no surprise that games take the same amount of time to load as the current gen because the next gen consoles are loading faster but there also loading more stuff.

If you play ID games like halo spartan or trials fusion the load times there are more or less instant because the content is less.

6. KeiSon

KeiSon Generation 4
    Elite Pilot

@oneburnett just noticed you last person to sign up so welcome to the community :D

7. BigDaddyHotGue

BigDaddyHotGue Generation 4
    Elite Pilot

Ah... good point. I assumed the issue was the amount of time it takes between matches (or just to get your first match) overall. But you're right. The amount of time it takes to load once all the players has been found does take quite a few seconds these days. I guess I never really noticed that part 'cause I'm just so thrilled to have filled up a match with at least the minimum required players (which does definitely take a whole lot longer). Either way... it does take a long time sometimes to begin actual play... and it is frustrating...!!

• Like Like x 1
  8. oneburnett

oneburnett Generation 1

Aye, thank you.
    And yes I understand longer load times for larger content, but I don't think that's entirely the problem.
    I have cod ghost for the 360 and the one, the 360 loads in half the time as the one does.
    So.... It might be titanfall was rushed out the door and poorly optimized for the one???
    Does anyone know if titanfall loads quicker for the 360 than the one?
    As for cod ghost, the maps are the same, graphics are marginally better and the content is about the same.
    I think I'm having buyers remorse about the one and looking for a little justification and a nudge to pick up a ps4. I'm a fanboy of neither and Destiny comes in September.....

9. KeiSon

KeiSon Generation 4
    Elite Pilot

Well after Sony E3 showing which was for me one big disappointment I've lost interest in purchasing a PS4 so going to carry on with XB1 better exclusive, monthly updates and bringing in new features that people are asking for. So how could sell you the idea of a PS4 is better lol

Might buy a wii U thou was very impressed with what Nintendo brought to the table

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. KeiSon

KeiSon Generation 4
    Elite Pilot

Yeah know what you mean although when you can't find a match at 4am I like to think it's Titanfall telling me to put the controller down and go to sleep lol

What frustrates me more then the time to find players. Is when you play a team and have a really competitive and close match. Rather then load those 2 teams to another map after it's finished., they find new teams for them. Can understand doing that for a blow out result but when the score is within 10 wish the servers would recognise the teams are close in skill and keep them together for a while. Hope that gets fixed soon.

• Like Like x 1
  11. oneburnett

oneburnett Generation 1

Not saying ps4 is ultimately better, just feel let down by the One, with kinect, no 1080, and the load times.
    Bought a wi u last year and I am happy with it.
    image.jpg
    My feelings on the matter so far...
    As I said, love titanfall.

12. KeiSon

KeiSon Generation 4
    Elite Pilot

1080 will be getting achieved easier now with 10% more for developers to play with and next years update that will introduce Direst X12. I personally could care less for this 1080p display debate. Great gameplay and immersive storylines make great games not display and frame rate Titanfall proves that. And your picture views on MS people could say the same about Sony. They spent last year banging on about how PS4 is for the gamers. Then why are they bringing in a Sony TV and from what Ive seen of it not sure if charging £99 for it is justifiable. And there endless pursuit to push the Vita onto use isn't that about get every penny out of us aswell?

If you look at the XB1 as to how it is today compared to launch the XB1 is already a different console, and long may that continue.