How long have you been a PC gamer?

Discussion in 'Titanfall PC' started by ridic89, Apr 13, 2014.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. ridic89

ridic89 Generation 1

I'm grateful that Respawn published this game for the PC, mainly because the PC is being phased out.
    So you have NOT made the transition over to "the elite gamers" known as Xbox/PS4 kids(bunch of pre-madonnas).
    Why are you still here and how long have you been playing on PC.

I am still here because I cannot play FPS's on Xbox. I do own a Xbox, but it is not the same as PC.

My very first game was Medal of Honor Allied Assault and CS 1.6. After playing those two for a couple of years I moved onto Call of Duty 1 and competed a while in the old caleague. I was swooped up by WOW for a while, but finally came to my senses and stopped playing that crap!

2. flukester

flukester Generation 2

30+ years a PC gamer.

As for this game. PC is secondary to console as such this game on PC wont see nearly as much success as it will on console. Design/GUI is more made more for the quick/easy console. Am I happy this game came to PC, sure, but I'm not happy with the match making and other console crap stuff in it. Just a heads up bud. Lots play on PC with gamepad. I agree I enjoy playing FPS with mouse/keyboard.

My first games I really enjoyed were Space Invaders, Castle Wolfenstein, Beyond Castle Wolfenstein

Very first game I ever played (or was available) was Pong.

I don't pay to play and I never will. Ever. I'll give up gaming before I pay to play.

3. Kingkat54

Kingkat54 Generation 7

First PC game I played was Rainbow Six. Had the Nintendo 64, and played a lot of Goldeneye, and I saw Rainbow Six and decided to try it. Then I learned it was on PC, and the rest is history. That had to be around 1998. But I had played console games since 1980's with the Intellivision System. Played a lot of Burger Time!
    One of the first "on-line" games I tried was "Red Baron". Had to buy a subscription.

Just a big kid at heart I guess!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. Chaz

Chaz Generation 6
    Elite Pilot

5. Kingkat54

Kingkat54 Generation 7

Dear God in Heaven.................. the PC being phased out????????........again???????????:eek:

6. daennika

daennika Generation 5
    Elite Pilot

20 years! And "phasing out" probably means super powerful and unavailable to computer-illiterate people.

7. marthiFiC!

marthiFiC! Generation 4

Since sometime in the 90's. First couple of games were Wolfenstein 3d, and Descent. PC will never be "phased out", If anything its currently being "phased in" due to the x86 architecture being common across all platforms. I think this Gen of peasants is more likely than ever to acquire a fiefdom and ascend to PC gaming. Our current issue is that most of these new players play things like Dota and LoL. FPS games are being phased out. Have a gander at some figures. http://www.theverge.com/2013/10/30/...on-active-accounts-6-million-concurrent-users

• Like Like x 1
  8. Clarkeh

Clarkeh Post-Patch Generation 6 Pilot
    Elite Pilot

Been playing since MS-DOS days to load up the first Duke Nukeum,Prince of Persia and my all time favourite racing car game Screamer:

9. BallisticDad

BallisticDad Played the very first FPS! *Duck Hunt*
    Elite Pilot

I used to game on my dads PC and play Doom and Wolfenstein...
    I got my own PC and started playing Delta Force and Counter Strike.

10. BallisticDad

BallisticDad Played the very first FPS! *Duck Hunt*
    Elite Pilot

The Wolfenstein I played is at 1:18 in this youtube:

11. ObiWan_KaNoobie

ObiWan_KaNoobie Generation 2

20+ years in PC gaming, recently off a 4 year vacation though. Marthific! DESCENT!!! that was the first "best" game i played!
    Of course, from beyond there.. PC gaming history was made.. Doom, doom II, unreal tournament (original)
    Don't forget about Unreal tournament 2k4, Still runs with about a million mods and maps... still active servers.. still fun when configuring bots.. Occasionally I'll still have a death match with Darth Vader, ET, all of the cartoon network characters, and with so many more because it just never gets old!
    ...Also... Just for the record, PC gaming has never been and will never be phased out. Come on.. who really things consoles will replace PC's? Does anyone who believes pc's will be phased out realize that todays consoles are basically pc's with propitiatory operating systems??

• Like Like x 2
  12. Seferg

Seferg Generation 2

played starsiege, tribes and such in the 90's, many games are easier to play on pc, or at least for me.

13. DragonReborn533

DragonReborn533 Generation 2

Huh, that's interesting. I'm the opposite, I actually bought a PC very recently, and mostly because of Titanfall. I'm not fond of the direction consoles are going, and there's a lot more freedom in the PC world.
    This isn't my first PC, though; my first one was back in the days of Doom II and Duke Nukem 3D. Been a while, but so far I'm glad to be back.

14. stewyash366

stewyash366 Generation 3

Omg Def feeling a noob now only playing pc Since I got titanfall on its release date and haven't looked at my xbox since, I could never get into pc gaming when I was younger but now I can't leave it alone plus keeps missus happy she can watch TV while I play lol

15. Relic1965

Relic1965 Generation 1

Since this game came out

16. Kingkat54

Kingkat54 Generation 7

PC are here to stay!!!!!!!

Besides you can't "find" THOSE" kinda web-sites on an Xbox! connection!!!!!!!!!!!!!:oops:

17. Thecookiemaster1

Thecookiemaster1 Generation 2

#17 Thecookiemaster1, Apr 18, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2014
    I think that my first game on PC was Half-life 2 (2004).