How to make the game more "Titan Focused" and less "COD"

Discussion in 'Titanfall 2 News & Discussion' started by Derrame, Jan 7, 2017.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Derrame

Derrame Generation 6

Hi there Pilots

i have some ideas to make MP more for Titan gameplay instead of COD/generic fps

i think of missions/objectives that can only be accomplished by more interaction between pilots and titans, for example
    the titan must transport/ carry/have pilot on its back
    a titan grabs a pilot and puts it on a place that the pilot cannot reach
    a bigger shield for Tone, so it can cover more titans or pilots
    a "medic" pilot or "mechanic" titan to heal pilots or repair titans,
    a new objective to transport something and team mates must protect the transport
    activate/deactive an antenna or device or bomb and pilots and titans must protect the one who is de/activating it during the process

when we play as pilot we can tell a friendly titan we have a battery, we could do the same to tell him to attack a spot or to shoot a sonar or deploy a shield or trap

feel free to post your ideas/suggestions ;)

• Like Like x 5
  2. ensc

ensc Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

WOW!!! Great job Derrame! Those are some of the best ideas I've seen. I especially like how some of your suggestions incorporate ideas found in other games. The "medic" pilot or "mechanic" titan would be almost like a healer in RPG games like Elder Scrolls Online. Transporting something and protecting it would be like Extraction in Battlefront. And activating/deactivating something would be like Sabotage in Battlefront. I am all for having more Objectives, because I'm not that good of a killer and it at least gives me a chance to contribute. Having the titan lift the pilot or throw the pilot to places it couldn't othewise get to is a great idea too. Also, pilots having more methods of communication with titans, including other friendly titans is also a great idea.

One thing I would like in communicating with my titan is not just Guard/Follow, but also Stay/Roam and Ignore/Engage. When I put my titan in Guard mode, for example while going in to take a hardpoint, I want him to be there and be as healthy as possible when I get out, therefore I would like to be able to tell him to Stay (don't move a metal toe) and Ignore (don't shoot at something and draw attention to yourself).

All EXCELLENT stuff Derrame. Nice job!

• Like Like x 3
  3. rainman0211

rainman0211 Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Nice ideas @Derrame. Seems like you'd put a lot of thought into it. Thumbs up sir.

• Like Like x 3
  4. Trini Chinese

Trini Chinese Generation 7

agreed , i do like the command system if implemented , the game would play better with a spot and command system , it will breed new propose to using a titan , i even like a concept of having ai grunts or specture follow a player with command , example if a pilot caps or amp a hard point the grunts around that hard point could take your commands to attack an objective or defend it .

• Like Like x 1
  5. ensc

ensc Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Yes, another member, I believe his name was Jasper something had mentioned that about having your own group of grunts to command. I think that is an excellent idea, because it would make it more personal. You would feel more obligated to protect those grunts and it would hurt more if they got killed. Excellent idea by both Trini and Jasper.

• Like Like x 1
  6. hwoarang5

hwoarang5 Generation 3

this will never happen as respawn dumb down titanfall2 mp just because they want to attract COD kiddies to their game, which fail badly now its half-S all over the place, with preset paper thin weak boring titan, and bunch of useless boring pilot slot with boring weapons.

• Like Like x 2
  7. ensc

ensc Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Definitely agree with that.

8. Sgt_rawk

Sgt_rawk Generation 7

I'm not sure what you guys mean by this. I spend about the same amount of time in a titan in TF 2 than I did in TF 1? If you want it to be more titan focussed, stay alive in your titan. Isn't it that easy?

• Like Like x 2
  9. Trini Chinese

Trini Chinese Generation 7

i don't think is just about staying alive in the titan. as the maps design are already too clustered for titans , that IMO the game is more shifted via pilots oriented game play. i also like you have played both games spent about the same time with them , so i would assume that you like myself can tell the difference from both and titans are no longer the same compared to the first.
    Granted we have 6 titans , 3 more that the first but now the titans are locked in with there primary weapons so while we have more titans the choices are still limited.

pilots have fixed core abilities abut can still choose a different weapon to play per style , titans cannot ,
    maps are designed for pilot if not all maps are not titan friendly.
    we have a choice of seven pilots with a slot looking like there will be an eight pilot with multiple weapon choices . titans have six as you know .
    every game , a gamer starts off as a pilot and have to earn points to gain there titans , granted this was the same in the first , but different in the second , now a gamer has to concentrate on pilot kills to gain those points as the timer for a titan has been reduced , which now takes longer to gain a titan , and if it was not for the uproar in the beta to implement back the timer we would not have one in the game another handicap reducing titan game play in game .

another way to gain a titan in game would be to kill AI , now are even less that the first so again a reduction of ways to gain a titan and titan play as the AI modes are now less that before . and if it was not for the uproar from the beta we would not have had a attrition mode .

i am not saying that the MP should only be for titans , or agree that it should focus on just titans . as IMO there needs to be a balance for both pilots and titans in the game and like you being that you played the first can tell that the current game is leaning more on pilot game play and that balance the first has is not there , being like i pointed out the removal of elements in game has shifted more for pilot style run and gun .

regenerative Shields were removed from the first for titans , granted there are now battery's but even that is limited around the map and to gain a battery a gamer has to exit there titan and play as a pilot to gain a battery . all the while hoping that there titan is still standing .

so all in all titan play time is overall reduced due to changes from the first and multiple factors have been implemented and removed that affects this.

so again IMO it's not about just staying alive in the titan and if it was that easy like you ask . as it is now it take longer to gain one and even faster to lose one , because your titan is now a disposable tool rather that a main weapon. compared to the first . a gamer spends more time to gain a titan that they can play as one . less now in the current game .
    unlike the first the current game does not even have different voices for titans a simple thing they implement in the first which gave a dynamic feel to one's titan that and the simple sounds that a titan made in the first when they took a critical hit is not present in the game.

Ask you self this remove the titans in the game and what game does it play close to of similar too ? look at the menus the maps and the overall game with out the titans in a game called Titan fall and ask your self with out the titans in the game what separates the game play to current shooters in the market .

Titans were never meant to be a perk , but a weapon and an extension of the pilot . and with that concept TF1 had a very good balance to the game play . if a pilot can change weapons to suit the battle why not be able to change the weapon on one's titan like the first , gamer were asking for more options to customize there titans more weapons to go with there load outs different titan models so on and so on.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Derrame

Derrame Generation 6

+titans shoul be stronger, the shield regenerate, and resist more damage, and there should be abilities to choose to make skills or powers recharge faster
    and of course bigger maps

• Like Like x 2
  11. Sgt_rawk

Sgt_rawk Generation 7

Goddamn dude. this is really long, i take back what i said and agree with you 100%

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. KernelClamjuice

KernelClamjuice Generation 6
    Elite Pilot

Man you must be a rockstar in your Titan .....

I spend 1/4 the time in my Titan in T2 compared to T1.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Sgt_rawk

Sgt_rawk Generation 7

No, I'm not, I just understand what titans are capable of in this game and play accordingly. like i've said, it aint rocket surgery...

14. ThirdGuyver

ThirdGuyver Generation 6
    Elite Pilot

Hey Hwoarang, is that what Respawn wants to do, attract COD kiddies, got some inside information?

• Like Like x 2
  15. DARK BAWGS

DARK BAWGS Generation 5
    Elite Pilot

I agree and here is a good video from a premiere COD YouTuber great endorsement for TitanFall 2...

• Like Like x 2
  16. ThirdGuyver

ThirdGuyver Generation 6
    Elite Pilot

A good viewpoint from a cod player, and just highlights how cod can't really touch tf. This prestige guy should really enjoy it when he gets fully used to the mobility!

• Like Like x 1
  17. ensc

ensc Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Very well said Trini my boy. I would add, because I don't think you mentioned it, that besides having to focus on killing pilots to get your titan faster, even before that, you have to focus on killing pilots to get your Boost faster, because you have those instead of Burn Cards.

• Like Like x 1
  18. ensc

ensc Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Exactly! And titans should be faster as well.

19. ensc

ensc Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Very funny! :) You really cracked me up with this one.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Ik0n88x

Ik0n88x Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

One thing I'll add is Reapers do entirely too much damage to Titans.... you shouldn't have to focus on AI in the middle of a Titan battle.

• Like Like x 2