IF YOU HAVE GRAPHICAL ISSUES, READ THIS

Discussion in 'Titanfall PC' started by D2ultima, Feb 16, 2014.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. joelcz

joelcz Generation 1

Intel Core i7-4770, Quad Core, 3.40GHz
    Sapphire VGA ATI R9 270X 4G GDDR5 PCI-E DVI-I / DVI-D / HDMI / DP DUAL-X WITH BOOST & OC VERSION
    8GB DDR3 1600MHz ( 1 x 8GB )
    ASUS MB Sc LGA1150 B85M-G, Intel B85, 4xDDR3, VGA, mATX
    When I played training it was fine and smooth, but when i started a real game my FPS were very low. I had everything on low, but it was still the same. Any solutions? I really want to play this game.

2. RuschGaming

RuschGaming Generation 3
    Elite Pilot

it would be nice to know what settings you are using ingame. if you can repost it or just edit your previous post. thanks !

3. joelcz

joelcz Generation 1

Everything on low or disabled and 1920x1080.

4. RuschGaming

RuschGaming Generation 3
    Elite Pilot

#44 RuschGaming, Mar 15, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2014
    just fyi the game is capped to give max 60fps. make sure you have vsync enabled.

example:
    [​IMG]
    this forces the game to use vsync. it should help out a bit or allot.
    also make sure you are not running any high resource hungry apps.

[​IMG]

adding this to the game properties on origin for titanfall might also help you. the "-high" will make the game a priority for using the resources you have.

Edit: i dont know much about amd/ati etc but i hope that helps a bit or allot!
    i do know allot about nvidia etc

5. zldd

zldd Generation 1

#45 zldd, Mar 15, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2014
    Alright, this is getting increasingly annoying and I'm beginning to highly suspect it's an AMD fail (just when I switched over from NVIDIA...) There's been an NVIDIA Titanfall driver since the 12th and still nothing from AMD.

Disabling SSD RAM caching doesn't appear to solve anything so I'm guessing it's not a lack-of-sRAM issue, just as D2ultima suggested.

RuschGaming, thanks for the link. I'm now through the process of trying out some of the suggestions there. Unfortunately, in what seems to now be AMD fashion, I'm unable to force v-sync on through the control panel. Punched in the option, saved, restarted the game and there's still tearing indicating the AMD control panel is unable to force v-sync onto Titanfall.

Will report more findings along the way, in the meantime, any additional useful information is more than welcome.

6. D2ultima

D2ultima Generation 4

I would like to point out that the Xbox 1 uses an AMD CPU and an AMD GPU, so AMD having a problem with the game is... stupid. If it does, that's simply poor coding on Respawn's part (as is most of the issues with the game, it seems.)

Also, nVidia has *NOT* released a new driver that has even so much as touched Titanfall's performance values. Not even close. All nVidia people who run the game well are doing so without having seen a single Titanfall-oriented driver update. The 3D profile added with their last update a couple days ago doesn't even work right, as the game will happily run at anywhere between 5-30fps regardless of in-game settings once 3D is turned on... even if I manually turn off 3D in-game, as long as my computer is in "3D vision mode" meaning that by default if it can run a program in 3D it will, the game refuses to go above 35 frames.

Finally, this game is just terribly coded all-around. It's working for most people because it's the source engine and you'd have to be a whole new level of retard to break the source engine with a game. It's like a soldier making an AK-47 jam up by adding a sight... the gun is SO GOOD and works so well in all instances that you screwing something up with it STILL lets it work.

Anyway, to you people who are experiencing problems and it is not any of the following:
    1 - Overheating video cards
    2 - Intel GPUs
    3 - Lack of vRAM
    4 - A really really old/bad CPU
    5 - 3D vision turned on for nVidia
    6 - Entire lack of available resources like system RAM etc due to other running programs in the background when you don't have many available resources to begin with
    7 - A severe downclock or power limitation (which would be present in other games; meaning if you can run other demanding games and not this one then this is ruled out as a possibility).

Then you simply need to wait for a few patches of this game, assuming Respawn really does care about the PC platform. I find it exceedingly annoying that they managed to put out a worse version of the game than the beta had, and this is the THIRD time a game published by EA has done this. Firstly with Battlefield 3 running worse on my old laptop in full release (and NEVER changing) as well as being unable to load MP maps making me reinstall the whole game FOUR times before it worked, Battlefield 4 which I don't even need to explain why it was better in its "beta" period and now Titanfall.

7. zldd

zldd Generation 1

Agreed, the whole thing is seriously messed up. The ironic part is that the XB1 version doesn't appear to be performing all that well either, although I've no first-hand experience.

I was under the impression that the 335.23 WHQL drivers were Titanfall-centric. Anyway, if the game runs fine on older NVIDIA drivers that just speaks for itself. After years and years of NVIDIA video cards I finally decided to trust AMD (with a flagship card at that) and I now can't help but feel a bit cheated. And it's not about some ill-founded rage on my side here, I'm not dying to play this game, but I'd really like to - there's a reason I bought it on Day 1. Such a shame, it really seems like a great game. People are so ahead now (level 9999) and every time I sit down to play, or should I say test performance, I end up stopping after a couple of classic or campaign missions.

No idea whether it's really an AMD issue, but no matter what I do - decrease textures to High, put up with screen-tearing the games just stutters so annoyingly at the heat of battle (and elsewhere) I can't bring myself to enjoy it. I cannot see the problem being my computer since I maintain it quite well and have no other issues whatsoever.

I wonder how they managed to screw up so badly... the guys that made the butter-smooth (and super light) CoD4MF; using the superb Source engine... The only real issue I've had with the Source engine in the past is that I never quite managed to get it to run with some form of v-sync and no input lag. Despite this even at well over 200fps screen-tearing was only visible in closed-off spaces and not an issue overall.

Here's hoping for game patches and driver updates soon to come. A frightening trend in PC gaming is emerging nonetheless and it's not just EA games, CoD Ghosts is generally terrible and super random to this day. That's the 3 latest, bestest, most high-budget AAA shooters as of late and they all have major issues - BF4, CoD Ghosts, Titanfall. And it's not just shooters...

8. Dumelon

Dumelon Generation 1

Tried everything suggested, still get massive fps drops (to 20-30fps) when looking into the centre of maps where everything is... I can run crysis 3 on max, 60+ fps... BF4 on high with 50+ fps. But Titanfall??? HELL NO, 30fps all the time for what appears to be no reason. Drivers are fine, im using my Nvidia GT 765M, got 8GB RAM, Vsync (tried both on and off) and everything else. Even Nvidia experience and the ingame optimization say i can run it at high, but can I? No. I call bad optimization.

9. Worshambo

Worshambo Generation 1

Having some issues with my native resolution.
    Using my computer with a Nvidia GTX 660 on my HD TV 1080P Native resolution of 1768x992.
    Titanfall wont give me an option to change it to that.
    Will there be an update for this or am i doing something wrong?

10. zldd

zldd Generation 1

#50 zldd, Mar 16, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2014
    Have you tried reducing the settings? Don't assume any game would run well just because GFExperience says so. Try and test with textures at Medium, Ragdoll Off!, and shadows lowered and report back. Despite the amount you payed for your notebook the GTX 765M is not a powerful GPU and it's quite memory bandwidth starved. No idea what you mean by Crysis 3 "max" but there's no way to get anywhere near 60 fps using the maximum settings (AA and all) on a 765M. Not trying to bash you or anything, just trying to be helpful - sometimes, no matter what you pay for hardware, games just won't run the way you expect them to.

How did you hook up your PC to your TV? Did you use a DVI-to-HDMI adaptor or perhaps a VGA port labled "PC" on the TV? This might be the issue, try using an HDMI cable without any adaptors.

11. Worshambo

Worshambo Generation 1

My graphics card has an HDMI port that I use. My TV also has an HDMI port. I use a standard cable HDMI male end to HDMI male end to connect the two. To access my computer I just use the input option on my TV to switch to HDMI IN port 6.

12. zldd

zldd Generation 1

Alright, everything's hooked up properly then. Next thing you can try is go to Documents\Respawn\Titanfall\local and edit the videoconfig.txt file to manually force the resolution. All you have to do is edit the res values (like I've shown below) and save the file. Hope it works.

"setting.defaultres" "1920"
    "setting.defaultresheight" "1080"

13. Worshambo

Worshambo Generation 1

Tried that.
    Still the same thing.
    When the game launches it reverts to a windowed mode size of 1280x(something i forgot).
    And it still wont allow me to manually choose my native resolution in game.

14. HeliosRX

HeliosRX Generation 1

I'm getting the banding bugs even when I do turn on my AMD card. The funny thing is, the beta worked fine for me, but I can't play the actual game even using the same settings. My computer has an AMD 7670M card and Intel HD 4000 integrated graphics. Can someone help?

15. Khilan

Khilan Generation 1

Hello all
    just like most of you i rly like the game but i cant play it like i should ..
    pc spec :

Intel i7 4770K 3.50ghz
    24 gb ram corsair
    Amd hd 7990
    and a Benq monitor 120hz

No matter what i try the game plays terrible, screen tearing, ghosting and all that(also crushes some times mid game ) ...
    I had issues with battlefield after the "mantle" patch aswell and iam rly getting tired of amd cards ....

So i tryed to play on 60 hz and 120hz on monitor , with and without Vsync (both in game and amd panel), both 14.3 Beta catalyst and 13.12 (with clean uninstall), every combination of settings in game and on catalyst nothing works, also with and without crossfire!
    I had some problems back when i was in beta but the max resolution was 720p and with vsync off and window mode was rly smooth and nice experiance .
    If some1 with hd 7990 found something that works PLEASE let me know

16. iLLcAtTiViSsiMo

iLLcAtTiViSsiMo Generation 2

Running windows 7 64 bit with 8 gigs ram on both PC and laptop:

PC: i7 quad @ 3.6 with 660 ti 2 gigs vram

No problems at 1920x1080 with all settings on high, 4x AA and v-sync forced through nvidia control panel and disabled in-game. Enabling v-sync via game options causes horrible stuttering.

Laptop: i7 quad @ 2.6 with 765m 2 gigs vram

No problems at 1366x768 with everything set to high and 2x AA with a catch: v-sync MUST be off. For some reason v-sync does not work well with the laptop both enabled in-game or forced through gpu drivers. So for now I have to just deal with the horrible screen tearing until it gets sorted out.

Most of us have quite capable machines. It's obvious that further optimization is needed. Patience.

17. Letsgo

Letsgo Generation 2

This is Titanfall running on a Radeon 7790 if you're interested in seeing how it looks and how smooth it is to compare to your GPU:

Sorry if this is spam, but this helped me. Apparently it is on Maxed out Settings. All on High and Anisotropic 16X

18. D2ultima

D2ultima Generation 4

All high, but not max with regard to textures obviously. This is how it SHOULD run I suppose, but there's no way to tell his in-game fps. Also, that should be only using 1 of the video cards in the 7790, as crossfire or SLI introduce a lot of graphical issues otherwise.

19. zldd

zldd Generation 1

There's also no way to tell whether there's any input lag. Also, I believe the 7790 is a single-GPU solution. 14.3 Beta drivers are supposed to improved Crossfire scaling in Titanfall, but judging from Khilan's comment it's still problematic.

Anyway, here's a somewhat disappointing announcement (from AMD users) which might shed some light on what seems to be a poorly optimized code, more for AMD than NVIDIA, so far.

"In a late-in-the-day announcement, NVIDIA has announced that they’re also partnering with Respawn Entertainment, the developers of Titanfall. Titanfall with be receiving NVIDIA technology enhancements, specifically support for TXAA anti-aliasing (something we haven’t seen much news of lately) and HBAO+ ambient occlusion. Like Warface, these features will be patched in at a later date. Furthermore, NVIDIA also mentions that future Titanfall updates will include support for 4K resolution displays and SLI; though the nature of this announcement makes it sound like it’s generic functionality that won't be NVIDIA-exclusive." -AnandTech

20. Timdor

Timdor Generation 1

I have a similar setup to this but I'm running an i5 3570k with a pair of 570's in SLI.

I know that the game doesn't support SLI right now so I have to assume the performance I'm getting is from a single 570. I did find a custom fanmade nVidia SLI profile for Titanfall but I'm not sure if that's truely enabling SLI in game for me. Anyone know a good way to know for sure? Anyway, in order to achive 60fps with no significant drops at my native resolution of 1920x1080 I have to drop the settings to:

Texture Quality: Medium
    4x MSAA
    8x Anisotropic filtering
    V-Sync off
    Shadows off
    50/50 mix of Medium/High for the remainder of the settings

Even if I turn everything to low and disable AA, I still get significant drops (down to 20-30) if I run with High texture quality. Is this to be expected from a single (assuming the SLI profile isn't do anything) 570? If the SLI profile is actually doing something, I would think that dual 570's could at least run High, if not Very High texture quality wouldn't it? I have ~2.6GB of VRAM between the 2 570's so I know Insane probably won't be feasable but after drivers/patches/etc shouldn't 570's in SLI be able to push 60fps with everything on High and AA enabled?