IF YOU HAVE GRAPHICAL ISSUES, READ THIS

Discussion in 'Titanfall PC' started by D2ultima, Feb 16, 2014.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. zldd

zldd Generation 1

SLI (or CF) does not scale memory capacity meaning that VRAM does not add up, unlike memory bandwidth which does, indeed, double. Your setup currently has 1.28GB of VRAM to play with so keep than it mind when adjusting settings in various games. For Titanfall you should stick to High textures if not Medium when using 4xMSAA which eats up additional VRAM.

As for proper SLI support you can read my previous post with the official NVIDIA statement regarding Titanfall.

With very good drivers/game support your system would be the rough equivalent of a Kepler part with 1728 cores at 732 MHz, 1.28GB VRAM and a memory bandwidth of 304 GB/s. When using one GPU that would be 960 cores at 732 MHz, 1.28GB VRAM and a memory bandwidth of 152 GB/s.

2. Timdor

Timdor Generation 1

#62 Timdor, Mar 20, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2014
    Excuse my ignorance but I do OC my SLI setup to 870/2150 so assuming SLI was working perfectly would that *theoretically* be enough power to push high textures, 2-4x AA, high across the board? What Kepler card would this be 'close to' in terms of performance?

If SLI doesn't scale memory, why does my second card show memory usage? Is it just a mirror of the usage from the primary card? From what I've seen with benchmarking, a lot of the 500 series cards scale nearly 100% with a second card but I guess that doesn't apply universally.

Kind of bums me out I have to drop to medium-medium/low settings now to get 60fps. I did see the official nVidia statement but it sucks having no timeframe at all for drivers/patches considering multi GPU should have been supported from the get go.

3. D2ultima

D2ultima Generation 4

You may be right. I have to rescind my statement it seems. I had seen somewhere before that like other AMD xx90 cards that the 7790 was two smaller cards in one GPU, but I guess I was wrong.

Also, the reason nVidia hasn't released any drivers adding tons of optimizations is because how in the bloody hell do you optimize the Source Engine? It's the same with CoD Ghosts, they never optimized that game either. Black Ops 2 got a couple % increase now and then, but treyarch can't optimize worth a meowmix and they did actually code that game pretty oddly. But Respawn needs to fix their optimizations for both places.

4. zldd

zldd Generation 1

Assuming "perfect" SLI scaling your setup would be slightly slower than a GTX 770 in terms of shading (raw power), with less VRAM 1.28GB instead of 2GB, but higher memory bandwidth 344 GB/s compared to 224.3 GB/s. Textures and MSAA consume VRAM, I haven't measured how much exactly in Titanfall, but I presume 1.28GB should be enough for High textures/2xMSAA/1080p. As for the other settings, assuming everything works perfectly (which it doesn't) then, yes, you should be able to max them out.

Yes, you are correct. Your second card shows memory usage because SLI duplicates all the data from the primary card to the slave card's VRAM.

I feel you. It bums me out too that Titanfall is such a mess technically. I'm using an R9 290 (custom cooler) and on some crazy maps the frame rate drops to below 50fps... Currently, I'm "playing" on High textures/16xAF/4xMSAA/1080p with shadows, ragdolls and one other setting I can't remember set to the lowest value or disabled entirely. Still not happy with the performance - occasional stutters, tearing, random weirdness.

All kinds of features (along with adequate performance) should have been supported from the get go, but alas. At least there's an indication that NVIDIA has partnered up with Respawn and improvements are in the works. Titanfall already seems to work better on NVIDIA hardware.

5. Slickdevil08

Slickdevil08 Generation 3

im still stumped if my card is the issue or this is the game. lol. my pc plays the game fine of course minor hiccups since its a new game and new drivers and stuff. however. every now and then i will get like a good few seconds of what feels like low fps then i alt tab out of the game to make sure something is not harming the pc. i alt tab back in and its back to normal. hmmm

6. zldd

zldd Generation 1

Agreed, it's more about a supplementary driver update to go along with a major game patch, rather than a miraculous performance fix on NVIDIA/AMD's side. That's a fair question now, isn't it? How do you optimize the Source engine... I never quite managed to get rid of both screen-tearing and input lag in TF2, for example. Although, it was never a real issue even at 200fps on a 60 Hz monitor. What's left for more serious issues...

Respawn Entertainment have been going on about how much they've modified the Source engine to suit their needs, making it properly multi-threaded, DX11 ready, etc., how their focus has constantly been on providing an utterly smooth experience (both input and visual), how XB1 development helped them improve the PC version and so on. Hardly sounds like marketing talk to me; they obviously tried, but what on earth went so wrong. Anyway, I guess my point is that, given a heavily modified Source engine, they might still have a fair amount of room for code optimization.

"I hate to say that it's the Source Engine"

"It's 64-bit obviously and we converted it to DX11 and part of the conversion gave us the opportunity to re-architect the engine and make it more like we wanted it to be on the memory side,"

"A lot of the work was making the engine multi-threaded. The original Source engine had a main thread that built up a command buffer for the render thread and there was a frame of delay. We kind of changed that so the render thread buffered commands as soon as they were issued - in the best case, it gets rid of a frame of latency there. And then almost every system has been made multi-threaded at this point. The networking is multi-threaded, the particle simulation is multi-threaded. The animation is multi-threaded - I could go on forever. The culling, the gathering of objects we're going to render is multi-threaded. It's across as many cores as you have."

- Respawn lead engineer Richard Baker for Digital Foundry at Eurogamer

7. ed209

ed209 Generation 1

this is what show up for me when I try to run the game in any capacity. Contacted Ea at origin and they couldnt help me. I have an msi-ge60 running an nvidea geforce gtx-850m 2gb. It doesn't go away even with all setting set to the lowest. any ideas???

Attached Files:

8. Lone Gunner

Lone Gunner Generation 1

Ok So I made an account to see if anyone has these problems like I have. I'm Running:

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 860 @ 2.80GHz
    AMD Radeon HD 6800 Series
    6144MB RAM DDR3

I don't know what to do, when I load Titanfall it runs at 60 FPS for about 10 seconds then it starts to FPS Skip (if that makes sense) it drops to around 0 and comes back up but it does it ever 2-5 seconds and makes it impossible to play, I have turned down Everything to low and tried many different things from Forcing V-Sync through my AMD Control Panel and Off in game, that seems to make it to were the skips take a bit longer but still unplayable. Now my friend did wonder if my Internet maybe the cause since I cannot connect to a Datacenter unless I directly connect through him and then I'm fine, so I don't think it is. If you need to know more do ask, I want to play this game, its pretty fun what little I can play without almost Raging lol Thanks for any Tips.

PS: I read somewhere that AMD Cards aren't Optimized for this game, could that be it?

And yes I do have the latest AMD Drivers.

9. Anthonyamazing

Anthonyamazing Generation 1

Okay so i have an update for anyone using a dell and we all need to pretty much get together so they can speed up their driver updates that Intel has so graciously put out so we can enjoy Titanfall

First let me start out with my Specs
    Dell Latitude E5530 NonvPro
    Intel i3
    8GB RAM
    Intel HD 4000

okay so if you're running The Intel HD 4000 you may be able to update through the Intel Site so you can actually play Titanfall without legs spanning across your screen. If not its because dell will not allow you to update with unsigned Drivers... Which in all reality if fucking stupid cause its Intel's Graphic and if they push an update we should be allowed to update it even though they haven't done their "Testing"

funfact Intel contacted me on twitter to tell me that they have drivers for Titanfall :D

So basically i say if enough complain Dell might speed up to process unfortunate my phone call was not short..

10. Deviner

Deviner Generation 1

I wouldn't hold your breath to be honest.

I have a HD 4000 in my laptop (as well as a 670MX) and it runs like shit with the latest drivers.

However, we do need Optimus fix asap...

11. Anthonyamazing

Anthonyamazing Generation 1

Yeah im not holding my breathe its just stupid that Im locked out from driver updates by the Manufactures.

12. Slickdevil08

yeah i have a gtx 780 and i still get stutter lag so dont feel bad if you can't run it

• Like Like x 1
  13. Kingkat54

Kingkat54 Generation 7

The only thing I could find (about some of this stuff) is to either: make sure your NVidia GPU is updated to 335.23
    OR simply un-install GE Force Experience.

I have played a few games with SlickdevilO8 an he was experiencing some technical difficulties.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Slickdevil08

yeah i mean its not like it is not playable just annoying little bugs. im sure in time it will get better

15. Kingkat54

Kingkat54 Generation 7

You want issues? I have a DSL Connection. An i5 4670K cpu, NVidia GTX 760, 8 Gb ram and just tried COD Ghosts a while ago.

It sill: stutters in game, the sound glitches and it still freezes at certain places. What a disaster!!!!!
    Compared to Titanfall.......................No Contest!!!!!! :D

But back to the point of the thread.............this game is not one month old and they ARE working on stuff to fix. Its going to get better.

• Like Like x 1
  16. BMT

BMT Generation 1

Hey folks, found the people struggling in the EA forums with this shit too... at least the Nvidia dedicated GPU issues..

answers.ea.com/t5/Titanfall/Titanfall-refuses-to-use-Nvidia-card/td-p/2485146

So yeah, if you're like me and you have a dedicated Nvidia card on your laptop that Titanfall refuses to detect, despite trying all solutions, then you can either enjoy the game at 5fps using the Intel integrated chip (no thanks) or just wait until a patch is released. As I said in other posts I'm glad Carmageddon: Reincarnation was just released on Steam Early Access, I'll be playing that until Respawn decides to A) indicate they're even aware of this issue and B) rolls out a patch.

17. el_klaha

el_klaha Generation 1

Hello. Just figured on your screenshots that your Overlay includes GPU/CPU temps. How can I do that?

18. Snake Doc

Snake Doc Generation 1

I know the Issue with the GeForce 260 GTX now - If you have one just deaktivate the Anti-Alliasing & you should be fine :)

19. iBeLoki

iBeLoki Generation 1

I have the same issue as Snake Doc. Nothing is visible except for the gun itself in game. Everything works perfectly fine other wise. Running a 260GTX with a i7 920 CPU. Any solutions to this I heard I need to disable anti aliasing but I already tried that route through Nvidia control panel.

I opened the Nvidia Control Panel and went to manage 3D Settings and turned it for specifically for Titanfall.

Anti Aliasing FXAA- Off

Anti aliasing Gamma Correction- Off

Anti Aliasingmode -Off

Anti Aliasing Transperency- Off.
    Still doesn't work any solution guys D:

20. Logans Prime

Logans Prime Generation 2

I contacted ea an they helped me get the game running