Insane amounts of lag on Titanfall 1

Discussion in 'General Titanfall discussion' started by Shralla, Aug 27, 2016.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Shralla

Shralla Generation 2

I get that the servers are being pushed for the tech test, but the first game is now completely unenjoyable. Having drops of several seconds, warping back to where I was five seconds ago. Will this be the case once Titanfall 2 is actually out?

• Like Like x 1
  2. ensc

ensc Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Thank you for mentioning this. I was wondering this myself. At this point, I'm still probably going to prefer playing TF1 over TF2, because as the one article's title states and rightly so:
    "‘Titanfall 2’ Feels Like a Game Designed by People Who Hated the Original"

It is glaringly obvious that almost every multi-player design decision went in the wrong direction. That's fine. If that's what they wanted to do, whatever. Please realize though that it is bad enough that your self indulgence produced something that should not even be considered a sequel to the best game ever that was TF1. Now, those of us who loved TF1 do not have a new toy to fall in love with, because we hate it. So, please don't pile bad decisions on top of bad decisions, and steal any resources being used for the greatest game ever, TF1, in order to try to put lipstick on this pig called TF2. If anything, steal some resources that were going to go to the TF2 pig and add them to TF1 to make the greatest game ever play better.

3. KernelClamjuice

KernelClamjuice Generation 6
    Elite Pilot

#3 KernelClamjuice, Aug 27, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2016
    I haven't really noticed any......and I play pretty much everyday......but that doesn't mean it's not happening.....

I use my internet mostly for gaming.....surfing the net......iPad.....phone...etc......

I did in anticipation of the new game coming out
    ......purchased a new Netgear Modem/Router .........Although it takes me longer to initially log on....once I'm in I am rocking and rolling with a beautiful stream.......no issues....

I suggest the same to anyone who is using one that is 4 plus years old...

4. BattleReadyPB

BattleReadyPB Generation 5

I just bought a Netgear Nighthawk 1900... Cant get the damn thing to work...

• Like Like x 1
  5. KernelClamjuice

Elite Pilot

Did u call your Internet provider so they can do what they do on their end?

6. BattleReadyPB

I gotta call mothafuckas if I change a router?

• Like Like x 1
  7. KernelClamjuice

Elite Pilot

That is the exact one I bought....

Nighthawk AC1900

I could really see a smoother game when I upgraded.....

8. KernelClamjuice

Elite Pilot

Yes.....call your internet provider......it doesn't take that long.......

Hehehe..

You made me laugh...

9. BattleReadyPB

Right on thanks Kernel!

All that time cussing! Lol

I look forward to getting that router up and running, the internet lines running into my community are outdated surplus from the stone age of internet so my connection needs all the help it can get!

• Like Like x 1
  10. Shralla

Shralla Generation 2

I didn't play last weekend, but I did play a couple weeks ago and there were no lag issues. This weekend I played and despite my low ping and everybody else's low ping, the lag was intense. I can only assume it's because the servers are being pushed for the tech test. Hopefully they reserve a bit more bandwidth for us once the second one is actually out.

Also, I wasn't going to go there, but since somebody got there first...

I couldn't agree more. I haven't even been able to try it since I play on PC, and that's just another strike against the game for me. That's why the integrity of the original is so important to me. If the second one turns out as disappointing as it sounds, it's that much more important that the first game is still serviceable and able to maintain at least a small audience for another year or two. Who knows, maybe the third one will be an improvement, ha.

• Like Like x 1
  11. RottweilerluvNZ

RottweilerluvNZ Generation 5
    Elite Pilot

Lag?

Man I play on the US servers heaps so can do all modes, 200+ from NZ, West US server usually 204 most of the day, sometimes down to 198 at night here in NZ.

I just say bugger it, and stim up lol.

Aus servers, all good. But only attrition and campaign because there isn't many of us people down here sadly.

12. ensc

ensc Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Thanks Shralla! It feels good to have someone on the same page. TF1 is still my favorite video game of all time and I appreciate you saying that it's integrity is important and still needs to be serviceable. Since it sounds like TF2 should really just be added to the COD stable of games as "Call of Duty - Titan Edition", it is really not going to interest me. Therefore, it is much more important to me that everything is done to improve the TF1 experience. Since true lovers of Titanfall were completely ignored when making design decisions, I think Respawn owes it to TF1 players to include a free PC download of TF1 with every TF2 sale. This could at least increase the user base, which would help. Also, I think they owe it to TF1 players to boost the network resources of TF1 and devote some development time to improving the matchmaking and policing of cheaters. If they did all of those things and improve the TF1 experience or 1 or 2 more years as you suggested, I could completely forgive them for what they did to TF2.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Shralla

Shralla Generation 2

So the tech test is over but the lag remains. Nothing has changed network-wise on my end. All other games run flawlessly, Titanfall is the only one experiencing issues. What the hell is going on, Respawn?

• Like Like x 1
  14. ensc

ensc Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Well, even though they are not allowing the public to test, it doesn't mean they are not using a lot of their network resources for their own testing or whatever else they are doing on Titanfall 2.

15. A4eaTransformer

A4eaTransformer Generation 6
    Elite Pilot

You are not alone with lag issues. Really wierd studs happening

16. ensc

ensc Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Yes, it is either Respawn using network resources for Titanfall 2 or a new cheat people are using. There are so many cheaters and it is so obvious. Here are some tell tale signs:
    1) Unnatural speed to titanfall (faster even than what any burn cards can do). They actually can even move as pilots the way Stryders look when they are using dash core. It is like they are just surfing on air.
    2) Always knowing where you are even if they are in a titan and you are a pilot inside a building and you haven't done anything that would put you on the minimap. And, when you watch the replay, they did not have Radar Pulse Scan on either. This is because with the cheater subscriptions they use, they can see a colored rectangle around each pilot with their name on it even through walls.
    3) When you get close to a cheater, it feels like your feet are stuck in the mud whether you are a pilot or a titan.

This is the new thing I have been experiencing that I believe is either due to something Respawn is doing to the network for Titanfall 2 or it is a new cheat people are using. It is sort of like an extension to #3, however, when you get near an enemy or especially if in melee with an enemy, your whole perspective gets thrown off like 90 degrees. In other word, you could be looking straight ahead and all of a sudden, it is like you are looking 90 degrees to your left and you didn't want to be, so it totally discombobulates you.

Cheaters have no respect for the purity of the game or for other players and should be banished immediately and permanently to a cheater server where they can play their fake games with all of the other cheaters.

• Like Like x 1
  17. KernelClamjuice

Elite Pilot

I play on Xbox one....

Initially I didn't feel any lag bit the last few days I have been.......

Damn shame......I hope Respawn doesn't force us to play T2 by sabotaging T1 servers...etc

18. KernelClamjuice

Elite Pilot

Did u get your shit figured out yet? lol

19. BattleReadyPB

Yeah I got it all hooked up. Still not sure if it's made a difference though. I still only have 1 bar when I connect to Titanfall. Gotta play it a bit more to find out.

20. KernelClamjuice

Elite Pilot

I run a line to my xbox. Never have any issues....

The issues that do exist are internal at Respawn...