Interesting Article With Producer Drew McCoy

Discussion in 'General Titanfall discussion' started by Kingkat54, Dec 15, 2013.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Kingkat54

Kingkat54 Generation 7

Over at another Titanfall site, www.titanfallgamer.com , there was an interesting article written by one of their admins, cybernetic.He talks with Titanfall Producer, Drew McCoy. Its a good read and I suggest everyone look at it, but there are a few things McCoy says that might just make this game truly epic. Within the article he states,
    “There were three core mechanics we wanted,” explains producer Drew McCoy. “Mobility, survivability and scale. Once the Titans started to come in you naturally started to get this longer lifespan, and even if you get destroyed you can eject and keep living. A lot can happen in a single life.”

“It’s not boom-you’re-dead, boom-you’re-dead,” says McCoy. “Because you move so fast, it’s not about who [aims quickest]; it’s about who outmaneuvers the other. I think it’s a response to the fact that we’re all getting older and our reaction times aren’t what they used to be. I want to hop into a game and not feel like every 14-year-old is going to dominate me. I want a fighting chance and I don’t want to feel I’m screwed if I didn’t get in on the first week.”

“It’s [those stories] that matter,” says McCoy, when asked about the buzz from the show. “Who cares what rendering features we have or dynamic audio generation? Who cares? Did you have fun? Did you know what you were doing? Did you learn something new? That’s what matters. We’re never going to be telling you, ‘We have this many levels, this many guns and this is our player count’. Numbers aren’t something we care about. We just want everyone to have fun. Our game designers went nuts, like, ‘What do we want?’ And the answer was: ‘We want everything!’”

As I said an excellent article. It looks like they want a wide range of player styles , abilities and age range! And not just the 14 year olds he talks about. I haven't been fourteen since, well.........a long, long time ago in a galaxy far, far away!

2. WhoIsDo

WhoIsDo Generation 7
    Administrator

Glad to see that they're not catering to the spawn, kill, die, spawn, kill, die mechanics. Really looking forward to being able to play as a team in this game.

Can't wait to see more footage of the game!