Is anybody else tempted on Pre-order Destiny?

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by KingOfGaems, Feb 6, 2014.

?
  1. Yes

13 vote(s)
    81.3%
  2. No

3 vote(s)
    18.8%
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. KingOfGaems

KingOfGaems Helpin' you in the best way, day by day.
    Elite Pilot

#1 KingOfGaems, Feb 6, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2014
    I've been thinking about it. I'm really excited for Titanfall, and being a PC gamer, never was (really, really) interested in Destiny until of late. After watching some videos from E3, and also looking at other information and console gaming friends from school who were also talking about it, got me kinda looking into it.

Heard there was a Beta launching in the summer of this year, and maybe, I thought until around Xmas when I could probably get my hands on a PS4, I could pre-order a PS3 copy get a Beta Code and play beta on Ps3, and hopefully upgrade my game for Ps4 when the time comes around.

I heard that the game wouldn't be launching for PC (that I know of) so, that kinda disappoints me.

Anybody else interested in the game and may be getting it also? What do you think? Should I reserve a copy and then attempt at the beta? It's only like $5 or so, nothing to kill me.

(Oh, and how do you like the new icon? Had a good friend whip it up, just trying to get me, and my social media/livestream ready for Titanfall!)

EDIT: I noticed my grammar error on the title.... Don't mention it :p

2. Chaz

Chaz Generation 6
    Elite Pilot

Destiny is going to be pretty awesome. It's one of the few games that makes me want to get a PS4. It reminds me of Borderlands 2 a little bit. Quests and RPG elements and what not. Should be cool. :)

• Like Like x 1
  3. KingOfGaems

Elite Pilot

Yeah, it's like the only game that makes me really want to ask my Mom to stop what she's doing, and go out and spend money on a PS4 for me :p (I had to use the old mom credit card joke)

4. WhoIsDo

WhoIsDo Generation 7
    Administrator

I'll definitely be snagging Destiny, but I'll be playing on the Xbox One. Looks fantastic, but I still want to see & read a bit more on it.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Jim Tuna

Jim Tuna Generation 3
    Elite Pilot

I haven't yet, but I think I'm going to pre-order Destiny. I would go ahead and do it. Like you said it's only $5.

• Like Like x 1
  6. KingOfGaems

Elite Pilot

For sure going to wait on it a little bit longer, not going to do it right away, but I'm going to soon, before they run out of beta codes haha

7. cheezmo619

cheezmo619 Generation 2

It does Look vIsually........ well........ beautiful.

• Like Like x 1
  8. OujaStrike

OujaStrike Generation 4 Level 50
    Elite Pilot

i have it pre-ordered but not as pump with destiny as i am with titanfall

• Like Like x 1
  9. Chaz

Chaz Generation 6
    Elite Pilot

You got that right!

• Like Like x 1
  10. Kevin26385

Kevin26385 Generation 3

I pre-ordered mine a couple of months ago when they announced a beta key comes with the game. I am a huge fan of the Bungie team and Halo series. I can't wait to play Destiny this summer!

• Like Like x 1
  11. Bhajj94

Bhajj94 Generation 3

The only thing holding me back from pre-ordering it is still waiting for my ps4. As soon as I get that though, you better believe that I'm going to pre-order that game!

• Like Like x 1
  12. Wickerman

Wickerman Generation 4

I pre-ordered back when they announced the beta and got a code. Just so everyone is aware, the code you get is not tied to a specific platform. Bungie wanted to make that clear so that people weren't on the fence because of the new systems, etc. The initial code you get is entered at bungie.net and becomes associated with your Bungie account. Here's what they say regarding the platform choice that comes later:

Once you have redeemed your Beta code, your account will be approved for Beta access. At a later date, but prior to the Destiny Beta live date in 2014, you will be contacted via your email address, allowed to select your preferred console platform, and given a Destiny Beta download code.

I'm really not that interested in the whole MMO/RPG aspect, but I'm very eager to see the competitive multiplayer aspect, which Bungie has kept very quiet about.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Chaz

Chaz Generation 6
    Elite Pilot

That's awesome that they did that. Definitely smart on their part. I'll probably pick up Destiny as soon as I get a PS4. Probably not going to be getting a console for some time though. PC gaming is where it's at. :D

• Like Like x 1
  14. KingOfGaems

Elite Pilot

I've always loved my MMOs, Played World of Warcraft for 8 years, RuneScape for 2 , and played Firefall (an MMOFPS) for about 1 year, and I've also played many more (including FFXI, and FFXIV). I love FPS' and seeing Destiny, got me REALLY interested. So still on the fence about buying it, but that news about the beta is awesome. Really happy they did that.

15. Giblox

Giblox Generation 3

Destiny definitely looks pretty slick....I like how friends can drop in and out of the game. I've already pre-ordered and it comes out just long enough after the Titanfall release that I won't throw it on the shelf and let it collect dust.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Twiliscael

Twiliscael Generation 2

I already have it pre-ordered with beta access! Being a looong-time fan of Halo, I always wanted to see what route than Bungie would take besides Halo. So far, I'm very impressed. I have full faith in Bungie to make a great game, especially since it obviously has some minor Halo and sci-fi influence in it. I really hope that it does well, because they've made it clear that they don't want to be known as "the Halo guys" anymore, considering they handed it over to 343. (343 is still doing a great job with the series though, even branching out to TV series' and spin-off games)

• Like Like x 1
  17. richyg84

richyg84 Generation 3

I'm glad Titanfall and Destiny have a huge release gap between them. I love Bungie so yes, I'll be snagging Destiny as well. The platform of choice for me is still up for debate.

• Like Like x 1
  18. hallmaster

hallmaster Generation 4

I love Halo, but Destiny looks to boring for me. I don't like games of it's type. It rings Borderlands to me, which I find really, really boring. Plus I haven't really been excited by it's gameplay or trailers I've seen.

19. Gaming To Excess

Gaming To Excess Generation 5

When I pre ordered watch dogs dedsec edition from GAME they gave me a code for the beta of Destiny, so I'll try the beta first see what's it is like.

20. Deity Falkor

Deity Falkor Generation 3

A friend of mine play tested it back before it was announced. He had no idea what it was called, just that it was a lot of fun. Now, my entire group of friends have it pre-ordered for Xbox One and are ready for September.

• Like Like x 2