Titanfall Is It Lag???

Discussion in 'Feedback, Issues & Suggestions' started by rainman0211, Mar 28, 2015.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. rainman0211

rainman0211 Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Hope everyone is having a good weekend. I want to throw a question out for you about... LAG. The past couple of days during gameplay it seems that every 10-15 seconds there is pause/LAG/jerk. Reset my router, did hard reset, prayed, offered sacrifice to the XBOX Gods... and I've even (dare I admit it)... played another game. Last time it happened it lasted a few days and just seemed to go away so maybe/hopefully it'll go away again. But just in case... any suggestions?

2. A4eaTransformer

A4eaTransformer Generation 6
    Elite Pilot

I have not had much lag, but it seems I loose my connection more often lately. Maybe it is the same issue with the difference being a matter of degree. And why is it that I get booted off the server only when I am playing my best games??$&@*!

• Like Like x 1
  3. rainman0211

rainman0211 Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Yes, I forgot that..."Retrying connection to server" is aggravating also.:mad: Hope it runs it course soon so I can get back to some fun. Maybe go for a rip eh?;)

4. Kingkat54

Kingkat54 Generation 7

Will watch out for this. Although I have not had any issues.

5. A4eaTransformer

Elite Pilot

Google Google "Out for rip" on YouTube for a good laugh. Welcome to my world.

• Funny Funny x 2
  6. rainman0211

rainman0211 Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

What ever it was it's gone for now.:D Went away as suddenly as it appeared. Hmmm...o_O maybe wife put some voodoo/hex on the xbox all weekend.:confused: Played a couple of games and all was well... killed 12 pilots and got 3 executions on one game and 11 pilots and 2 titan executions in the next game.:cool:. Good for me.... but...Why can I never get 10 or more kills on Zone 18 or the 2 titan executions when I'm on Haven. Grrrrrrrr!!!:mad:

7. A4eaTransformer

Elite Pilot

Good going Rainman! Those are not too shabby numbers. As long as you enjoyed it. Whatever is going on with me is getting worse. I could not connect at all tonight. ERROR 500: a problem with the server. Hmmmm. Just seemed to affect TF. I was assured that the problem was not on my end. I could see that others were playing TF which made it all the more perplexing. Most insultingly, I was reduced to playing COD. Kind of like walking around in molasses.

8. HaydnShaw

HaydnShaw Generation 2

My experience with the Titanfall servers has generally been up and down, mostly up. The second time I tried to play my game, I received an error code, typed it into the internet, people saying that it basically means an account ban. I thought "well okay, leave it for a day, see if the problem fixes itself", and sure enough, it did.

I have also occasionally had games where the lag is so bad, that I will miss out five frames (I get the generic "teleporting" issue). A lot of the time, lag this bad kills any chance of success for me, and there's no way I can plan around this. I've also had times, much like today, where I've had a ping of over 400ms (50ms is my average, anything over 100ms would give you problems), and I've not noticed any lag in games whatsoever. weird.

I also found that, despite the numbers looking good on my end (with speedtests too), I've still suffered from bad bouts of lag occasionally. One time I managed to fix it by resetting my router, so clearly, I don't know enough about networking to make any sense of it.

9. rainman0211

rainman0211 Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Good _______ (Morning, Afternoon or Evening whichever fits your time zone.;)) Some may or may not know that I have been having some type of issue I thought was lag, but yesterday I noticed on the scoreboard at the end of the game I had a CONNECTION of 3 bars, hmmm...o_O it dropped down to 2 bars and back up to 3 bars.:confused: I'm on XBox1 and get my internet service from Comcast and all the lights are lit and steady on my router.. During gameplay I'll get numerous "RETRYING CONNECTION TO SERVER" messages. :mad: Sometimes EVERYTHING but my pilot freezes... (Quad Rockets, missiles, players, bullets, Specters, Grunts, Titans...everything... like time stands still.:eek: And then in the next half second I"M frozen and everything and or everyone it seems is kicking my ass because I'd became a sitting duck as a pilot. It's even worse when it freezes when getting in my titan and when it unfreezes I'm already doomed.:mad::(o_O:eek::confused:
    Any and all help, suggestions and fixes will all be welcome. Have a Great Day Pilots. :)

10. evilducky321

evilducky321 Generation 1

That sounded like me the past two day. Normally I could get pings between 30-50 but last night I had awesome ping of 142 just in the united states alone and 200+ in europe and brazil. It was rather funny trying to shoot at pilots that was there a split second ago and now im regen in a building. I hope it's fixed today because I don't think I can deal with this lag anymore.

• Like Like x 1
  11. rogerwilco71

rogerwilco71 Generation 4

Servers do lag but sounds like your router. Have you tried reseting it or unplugging for 45 seconds while xbox off? Called Comcast for a line/connection test?.
    Those freezing issues sound like the connection buffering. ..had a wrt54 linksys with those issues.
    If all else fails Rainman, try your router in a different location....could be the "pass-through" coax connection in the wall has gone bad. Some are not rated for broad band.
    dammit man we need the old crew playing.

also.....what happened to Bender?!?! The original atlas.

• Like Like x 1
  12. A4eaTransformer

Elite Pilot

I dunno? Lots of us are having problems. Maybe be there are some local issues but that would be coincidental. Something fishy is happening out in the Server World EA Titanfall (SWEAT).

• Like Like x 1
  13. rainman0211

rainman0211 Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

I tend to agree with you on that Rog. Did a couple of things with the router today, (moved it, reset it) and it kinda worked for a little while. Also looking at computers running while I'm on the xbox. Don't know if that matters but I'm checking anyway. For sure Comcast will get a call from me. Don't they (or at least they should) realize I need 10 more achievements!!!:)

14. rainman0211

rainman0211 Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Tinkered around a little more and it seems that it is the router. Got to play a couple more games with no lag or "Retrying Connection To Server" interruptions and it felt so good to play an entire game/games with no issues. Titanfall is once again So Much Damn Fun!!!:D

15. A4eaTransformer

Elite Pilot

I did not mess around, just waited for muse of TF and cyberspace to get over her PMS. Last night all was good and i too was back to business as usual: pissing my wife off. The playing was awesome. Ahhhhhhh.

16. Deeszigns

Deeszigns Generation 4
    Elite Pilot

Had the good fortune to speak with a developer from respawn the other day in a friends Twitch chat and he informed us that contrary to rumours saying that Respawn would not be releasing further updates for TF this is untrue. They are aware of connection issues and are working on the fix for next update and also some new features although he was less inclined as to what they would be. He also confirmed TF2 is still in production at present.

• Like Like x 1
  17. rainman0211

rainman0211 Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

:eek:... I'm curious to see what it could be.;)

18. A4eaTransformer

Elite Pilot

Awesome news! Thanks for the update.