Is this game dying, or does the matchmaking system suck?

Discussion in 'Titanfall PC' started by XxShM0DyxX, May 12, 2014.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. XxShM0DyxX

XxShM0DyxX Generation 2

It seems that I can only get into a game of Attrition. Sometimes Hardpoint. Anything else and I'm sitting for an hour or more with no luck. I hope its just a bad matchmaking system, because this game is REALLY fun. Netcode can be fixed. A dying community, not so much (unless you have amazing DLC, but even then, that's rare).

Any help or info will be much appreciated.

2. GMet_13

GMet_13 Generation 2

What platform do you play on? I find a lot of PC users are always saying they have trouble in matchmaking for certain game types... I play on XBOX One and I have no issues for any game type.

If you are on PC I think it is just the lack of community players... I think the game is way more popular on consoles like COD.

Also where do you live? Could be a region problem.

3. D4u2s0t

D4u2s0t Generation 3

I tried playing pilot hunter, trying to get the game type achievements for winning 50 games. I couldn't get into a match… went into attrition, got immediately in a lobby, but I agree the matchmaking is BAD. I'm either going 20-1 vs. players and decimating everyone, or going against stacked teams and getting 3 kills. I am yet to have a close match, I think I'm somewhere around 300. Our team either destroys, or gets destroyed. Makes it less fun.

The other thing, I would be curious to see if others notice the same. I do extremely well every other game, and then I do average every other game. If you look at my last 10, it's ALWAYS up….down…up….down… every single game since launch. I don't know exactly how these games are hosted, but I wonder if anyone else notices the same.

• Like Like x 1
  4. XxShM0DyxX

XxShM0DyxX Generation 2

PC. Windows 7 64 bit, if that matters at all.

5. XxShM0DyxX

XxShM0DyxX Generation 2

Yeah, I have the same problem. Like, almost exactly.

6. GMet_13

GMet_13 Generation 2

I find a lot of PC users are always saying they have trouble in matchmaking for certain game types... I play on XBOX One and I have no issues for any game type.

If you are on PC I think it is just the lack of community players... I think the game is way more popular on consoles like COD.

Also where do you live? Could be a region problem.

7. XxShM0DyxX

XxShM0DyxX Generation 2

Texas, USA. And yes, considering how this game is made by the same two people who were in charge of COD4 and MW2, I would not be surprised if they had consoles in mind over PC. Usually us PC people hate matchmaking systems. We prefer server browsers, but we will make exceptions when a game is really fun. For example: This one.

8. GMet_13

GMet_13 Generation 2

9. GMet_13

GMet_13 Generation 2

I was thinking about picking it up for my PC as well but I grew up as a console gamer and I think I should stick to my routes... On the other hand I don't think they had consoles in mind over PC at all. In fact a lot of the Titanfall developers only play it on PC as they are older people who grew up playing the fast competitive PC FPS games such as Unreal tournament and Doom. They stream their gameplay and they all play PC. I just really think the PC community is lacking for the game to be honest.

10. XxShM0DyxX

XxShM0DyxX Generation 2

Maybe so. I grew up a console gamer myself, but one of my friends talked me into building my own PC. I did, and was not disappointed. Much better experience IMO. If that really is the case, that's a shame, because I got it for PC because I'm not too big of a fan of the Xbone, and I didn't get it for 360 because all of my friends were like "duuuuuuuur itz jus cod wit mechs". Plus i feel I would have been cheating myself considering how it was not made for 360. It had to be ported over to 360 by a whole other developer. So, I got it for PC so I can get the most out of it

11. GMet_13

GMet_13 Generation 2

Yea I agree.. I am having a blast with it on my XBONE and no problems with any game types and matchmaking. I just really think it is the lack of the PC community.. Sucks to be honest. I am a game developer myself, so it hurts to see a community that is already dying for sucha fun game...

12. XxShM0DyxX

XxShM0DyxX Generation 2

I had a feeling when this game launched that it would do better on Xbone. I just really, really, don't like that console.

13. GMet_13

GMet_13 Generation 2

I enjoy the console. I know they haven't been able to optimize games yet and get them to 1080P 60fps. But trust me, developers will soon. It is just a harder console to develop for right now rather than PC and PS4.

14. XxShM0DyxX

XxShM0DyxX Generation 2

I agree, its not a bad console, its just the DRM policies that Microsoft tried to enforce. I understand that the day one patch removed it, but it's just the fact that they even thought and tried something like that made me switch to PS4/PC

15. GMet_13

GMet_13 Generation 2

Yea, I understand. Anyways, Take care and hopefully you will switch to the dark side and grab a XBONE and Titanfall and we will see each other out on the battlefield. :p.

P.S. The new Map pack DLC comes out on Thursday. Going to be awesome.

Gamertag: Marijuanosaurus

4.0 Pilot Vs Pilot KD Ratio!

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Misery

Misery Generation 1

Ahh, so this is a pretty wide problem, then.... I'd been wondering about this. Very.... disappointing.

The game is very, very good (even if I'm bloody horrible at it), but... ugh, that matchmaking. I'm at a very low level. Very low. Just started. It's very difficult to learn much at all when the game constantly throws me into matches with players at level 80 zillion. Needless to say, I cant accomplish much. Aint learned a thing for the most part.

And I reeeaaaallllyyyyy dont want to have to get an Xbone. Really, really dont want it. There is one, and ONLY one, game on that thing that I care about, and it's this one. I'm mainly a PC gamer, and 95% of the games that hit consoles are games I just dont care about (I dont pick up the PC versions of them either, as it's not a matter of platform preference). While I tend to have alot of money to use, buying that stupid thing for ONE game is... idiotic. Not to mention that console controllers.... eeeehhhhhhh. One reason that I stick to PC is so I dont have to put up with my most loathed input type, which is analog sticks. I play alot of games that use a controller, but it's the dpad on pretty much all of them. I aint exactly an FPS master, so my aim isnt particularly good normally, but it just goes down the drain entirely if I have to use a controller. At least with the mouse I can hit stuff. In particular I dont like the Xbox controllers in general. Even for the PC I use a PS3 controller.

Bloody annoying as heck, really. The game is such a blast on the very rare occaision that a workable matchup happens, but the vast majority of the time I just find it unplayable.

17. marthiFiC!

marthiFiC! Generation 4

PC games always have smaller communities. Even in popular games like cod, after the first month only 3 or 4 of the gamemodes are even possible to play. We will be lucky if attrition AND hardpoint stay populated.

18. DoingNumber2

DoingNumber2 Generation 2

Think people are tired of the waiting time between rounds - I know i'm getting really tired of it

19. Misery

Misery Generation 1

Ugh. I guess when there's both a console and PC version available, people will tend to pick the more simple option... granted, I can only blame them so much, dealing with PC-related problems when the game in question suddenly doesnt work is very irritating.

It's sad, though. I play alot of online competetive games on PC, and.... this is the ONLY game that has this issue out of the ones I have. All of the others, no problems with community size, no problems getting a match, though of course they're also PC *only*, no console versions for those. And this game was supposed to be huge, too.

Argh. I'm getting the feeling I shouldnt have bought this one. Feh, blasted impulse buying.

20. KennyHass

KennyHass Generation 2

As long as Respawn still launch new DLC, I'm pretty sure this game will still alive.