join best server with best latency

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by CaRBoN, Aug 6, 2017.

?
  1. posibble and please how?

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. imposibble

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. CaRBoN

CaRBoN Generation 1

Hello Titan Community,

I want to ask if it is possible to specify which server or game session I want to join according to the best ping?

2. Getmused

Getmused Generation 4

I apologize but I'm not fully understanding your question. Do you play pc or console? If console you can choose the lowest ping data center on the main page. Look at the bottom to find the proper command (button). This will bring up the list of data centers. From there you can choose. Sometimes the lowest isn't the best. For me I sometimes have to pick the second or third best. Idk, the game just runs smoother this way. Hope that helped

• Like Like x 1
  3. ensc

ensc Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

(This comment applies to TF1 as well as TF2.)

Also, it depends what you are trying to do and when. For example, if you are trying to play a game mode where very few people play it, you may have to switch servers to get a game in that mode.

I am on the East coast. What generally works best for me is to use these servers at these times:

3PM - 3AM EST => EAST US (TF1); New York (TF2)

3AM - 3PM EST => NORTH EUROPE (TF1); any of the 3 Belgium servers (TF2)

The reason this is important is because in TF1 it still allows me to usually be able to get a game in the Multiplayer Campaign even though the user base is so low now that there may actually only be one game in the whole world. Also, with TF2, when the Amped Hardpoint lobby was struggling in December/January, I was still usually able to get a game if I followed this.

• Like Like x 1