K/D Ratio

Discussion in 'Titanfall 360 & Xbox One' started by VenserTheExiled, May 1, 2014.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. m0e416

m0e416 Generation 2

Too bad when people with a higher kd dies 3 times in a row they have to make up for it by camping or playing some sort of cheap way.

Stats should remain as they are private. People leave servers because there teammate has a 1.2 kd . Cod games have been destroyed because of kd stats.

No one has fun losing, but why ruin someone else's fun because you have to make up for a couple of deaths to maintain a certain kdr? The camping and cheap play in cod is brutal. Titanfall got it right. I would be disappointed if they started heading in that direction. Why do you think there is no hardcore? So some punk can't hide in the corner of a dark room and shoot my pinky toe with a pistol and get the kill.

Low kdr high kdr, don't matter game is a blast.

Don't forget kids,make sure to include all kdr and win percentages on your resume, you're going to need that in the real world.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. D4u2s0t

D4u2s0t Generation 3

I agree, and I hope the stats stay private. It avoids a lot of the "Bro, you SUCK at this game, get off my team" kinda stuff. It seems for the most part everyone just plays. I also really like the idea of showing the last 10 games in the stats. Pretty cool. I haven't run into too many campers, but I do occasionally get the player who I kill, then he goes back to the same…exact…spot…immediately…

• Like Like x 1
  3. undeadunderware

undeadunderware Generation 4

COD Ghosts was my first proper online shooter (despite 20 years plus of gaming was a bit slow in going online). In a month I had three hate messages from people I had shot including one about hoping that my house burns down and my family die which I thought was a bit OTT considering its a game! There is a quieter lobby in Titanfall and when there is talking it is often banter. Playing Titanfall is a refreshing change with much more movement and fantastic battles. I use the kd stats to help me check my progress and hopefully it will climb. But dare I admit it, I do occasionally get a bit of a beating in the game but use this as training. I would highlight that even when I do have a bad game I generally still enjoy myself having a blast with the acrobats of the pilot and the bliss of Titans with big guns and grunt smacking fists. Got the game for my 40th 2 weeks ago and is to blame for some 3am stay ups

4. D4u2s0t

D4u2s0t Generation 3

You learn to ignore it :) A few tips, since you may not know, you can mute players, and if you are playing with random people you don't know, and want to avoid any nonsense, just start a private party with just you in it. Now you don't hear the nonsense other players are saying.

5. undeadunderware

thanks for the party tip never tried that but the l hatermailers took the time to find my XBL account and they messaged my account, I always replied thanking them for their correspondence. I think the only time I got a little cross was when my 9 year old son was using my account for minecraft listened to a message. Calling me a @#£!# camper which i hasten to add I wasn't, rapid fire LMG unsilenced great fun, average KD guarantee but great noise and (showing my age here) just like Arnie Schwarzenegger in the end of commando but with opponents that shoot back!

6. D4u2s0t

D4u2s0t Generation 3

Don't take it personal, some people just suck at life, and have to get their kicks by yelling at strangers in a video game lol. You can actually avoid players if someone gives you a hard time, if you go to the xbox menu where it shows your friends, (click on friends) and scroll over to the right it shows the recent people you have played with. If you click on their name, somewhere in there you can "Avoid Player" or something like that.

These fools will generally never bother you again if you don't respond to them. :) They're just looking for a reaction, and the best bet is to not give them one.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. undeadunderware

8. undeadunderware

9. Sulq

Sulq Generation 5

Players are already like that though. So hi dj g stats really hasn't done too much IMO.

10. D4u2s0t

D4u2s0t Generation 3

Well, the truth is, there is no benefit to being able to see someone's stats except for curiosity, but 99% of the time it's used for bashing. When was the last time someone sent someone a message along the lines of "Hey, nice game, you really whooped my ass. nice job". I very rarely send something like this if someone really whoops me good, and the response I usually get is "I was expecting your message to say I hope your mother dies in a fire" or something like that. Public stats generally accomplish nothing but unneeded arguments.

11. Achmed is here

Achmed is here Generation 4

or just be kind to them and laugh in the back ground as they flip out on ya,
    i would't be able to resist it :)

• Like Like x 1
  12. JoeForCakes

JoeForCakes Generation 1

Dude I have a 70% win rate out of 210 games and me being mvp for 153 of them. Plus my KD for pilots if 7.2 overall so its not impossible...

13. Sulq

Sulq Generation 5

Pics or it didn't happen.

Tryhard.

14. A green sofa

A green sofa Generation 2

Sounds like your playing campaign Aganist all the poor noobs.

15. Sulq

Sulq Generation 5

you're* against*

16. A green sofa

17. A green sofa

18. D4u2s0t

D4u2s0t Generation 3

However they do the hosting makes the games fairly predictable, however they do it exactly. Notice the up/down/up/down/up/down everyone has? Has anyone picked up on this? I've seen it from the start, and I notice a significant difference every other round.

19. A green sofa

I just wasn't on my A game. I think the beer and fatigue factored into my up downs.

20. D4u2s0t

D4u2s0t Generation 3

The ups and downs are a result of how the matches are hosted. You will ALWAYS have these ups and downs… in fact, if you look closely, I can tell with high probability where you started, ended, and/or switched servers. :) See how you have your first dot on the left? And then the next 2 in a row both go up? This is probably when you started, then you played the next few matches before quitting. Keep an eye on it, I'm sure it will ALWAYS be up and down like this. For me, it has been like that since day 1. I think most would be completely shocked if they took notice.

Keep an eye on it, I'd be genuinely curious.