Keyboard & mouse or gamepad?

Discussion in 'Titanfall PC' started by WhoIsDo, Dec 23, 2013.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Chaz

Chaz Generation 6
    Elite Pilot

KB+M is just so much better. When I first got into PC, I couldn't play FPS's because of mouse and keyboard and how bad I was with it. Now I could never look back. Using a controller seems so weird to me now. :p

• Like Like x 2
  2. TYPOGRAPH1C

TYPOGRAPH1C Generation 3

Exactly. Given this game has a hug emphasis on movement, I think the controller will fair better in maneuverability, but obviously lack the precise aim of a mouse.

I plan to play a mix of both on PC, but I will be competing (if eSports grows on this game) on console, given my background in Halo and Gears. I do love using KB + Mouse, it's just not my strong suit. I'm honestly not terrible with it... and I prefer it for some games. I wouldn't play Quake with a controller, and I wouldn't play Assassin's Creed with a KB + Mouse. The question is, what would you play Call of Duty with? The answer for me is a controller. Why? It's largest audience (regardless of originally being a PC game) is undoubtedly on console. The largest eSports circuit for shooters in North America doesn't host PC arena shooters... MLG is entirely Microsoft console based. Since I plan on going where the competition will be, I have to say it'll be on Xbox One without a doubt. I think if the game stands a chance competitively (and it pains me to say it for those in the US) on PC... it'll be in the European scene.

I'm more interested in learning from what PC players may or may not do differently, in terms of jukes, etc. Anything I can bring to the console table that competitive teams aren't doing because they're not studying their PC brethren is something I plan to tactically use. Learning something new, mastering it, and adapting it to your own playstyle will keep you one step ahead of your opponents.

- TYPØ

3. th3NightAngel

th3NightAngel Generation 2

Does anyone know if you can just plug in the controller and it'll work or will you need to download a program for it

4. Bhajj94

Bhajj94 Generation 3

Which controller are you talking about? I dont think an xbone contoller will work at all, and you need a program for the ps4 controller.

5. Monolyth

Monolyth Generation 10
    Elite Pilot

Mouse & keyboard here but that is only my personal preference. Controller aiming is just too foreign to me at this point, especially when fighting other PC players who use mouse & keyboard. I think the biggest issue for me is the ability to accurately strafe and adjust my aim when using a controller.

That being said I do tend to find that operating vehicles is more natural with a controller.

You can plugin the PS4 controller without a separate app but most games will only detect it is a generic controller. That means that any controller-specific inputs will display as basic numbers. I've pasted a link to a wrapper I use for when I use my PS4 controller with my PC. It mimics the XBOX 360 controller for windows so you get those inputs on your screen.

Code:
    http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-DS4-To-XInput-Wrapper

6. th3NightAngel

I have a xbox 360 controller, it's a pelican xcz I believe but that may not be right

7. Jiisuki

Jiisuki Generation 2

I'll definitely go with mouse and keyboard. Can't play FPS with a controller, and that's the only reason I never play such games on console.
    My main concern at the moment is if I should go with my 'agility' keyboard layout I use in Quake, or the more common wasd setup..

8. Zencowboy007

Zencowboy007 Generation 1

#28 Zencowboy007, Mar 12, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2014
    I use a Gioteck PS3 controller (layout like Xbox controller) and works Great. If you use Pinnacle software you can download the controller layout I just tweaked to work: ...they removed the link:-( I thought it would be helpful as it is to me and a must.) Just search on pinnacle game profiler website Titanfall

KB for this guy is too cumbersome and strains my back leaning forward in my setup and area I have available. I'm great with my hands in woodworking and such but love the little in-hand controller and woop-butt in BF3-BF4 with it...will see with Titanfall

9. Arch3r

Arch3r Generation 2

Mouse + keyboard all the way

10. xFMJxDeman

xFMJxDeman Generation 2

Well, due to the fact that there is an option to turn mouse acceleration on/off, I'd say it's mouse+keyboard, MUCH more fluid that way, and more precise since you aren't dealing with forced mouse acceleration like on say Crysis.

11. Crozmosis

Crozmosis Generation 2

When I'm at my desk playing on my 24" monitor, it's KB+M. When I'm playing on my couch on my 60" tv, it's 360 controller. I've found that my performance is about equal either way. Which isn't that great. Lol

12. th3NightAngel

Thanks, and the game actually auto detected my controller so I didn't have to get a program