Titanfall kraber sniper rifle shouldn't have latency

Discussion in 'Feedback, Issues & Suggestions' started by doom, Mar 23, 2015.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. doom

doom Generation 1

#1 doom, Mar 23, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2015
    alright I have to say that after playing alot of fps I find that the sniper rifles in titanfall are not as effective. The kraber sniper has latency making it hard to hit moving targets. Another thing I notice is that when cloaked the scopes aiming reticle will simply disappear. I don't know if its for balance reasons to make sniping harder when cloaked or if its simply a bug.

I will compare the titanfall Kraber to the Ls70 fors in killzone shadow fall. The ls70 fors is a single shot kill sniper rifle like the kraber. Except that there is absolutely no latency whatsoever. Also keep in mind that in shadowfall movement speed is much slower and there is no double jumping. In Titanfall movement speed is fast probably the fastest i've seen in an fps. This makes using the kraber sniper rifle very hard, the latency in combination with the super fast moving pilots makes hitting players really difficult.

The player has to reload the kraber after every shot making them vulnerable to getting rushed and killed. Why should the player also have to deal with latency for every shot making it impossible to hit other moving players? The only way to even hit players at long distances is for them to stand still. I propose simply removing the latency for the kraber sniper rifle altogether. Also, make it so that the scopes aiming reticle for the kraber doesn't disappear when cloaked.

The longbow sniper is preferred by most players since there is no latency. Yet I think the longbow should have a reticle when firing from the hip because it takes two shots to kill a player with it. Giving the longbow sniper rifle a moderately accurate reticle for firing from the hip would make it effective in close quarters situations. Yet since it would take 2 shots to kill a player it would still be well balanced.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Dancing Titan

Dancing Titan Generation 2

may i suggest that u use a charge rifle to snipe people if u really want to do the "real life sniping"? if u watch frothyomen's kraper guide he suggest a fast moving and all out assault style when it comes to the kraper because there would be almost no lag between ur bullet leaving the gun and the bullet hitting ur target at close-mid range. so well the best way to use the kraper is to sadly go around and qs :p btw the all the gun sites dont work when ur going semi invisible(the reticles disappear)

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. A4eaTransformer

A4eaTransformer Generation 6
    Elite Pilot

The Kraber is powerful and single hit kill. Latency is part of the balance.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. doom

doom Generation 1

Use a sniper rifle at close range wtf?! this is ridiculous! This isn't proper. The whole point of a sniper rifle is long range. The fact that frothyomen is suggesting using the kraper up close pretty much shows that the weapon is totally flawed and underpowered. Who ever heard of using a scoped sniper rifle at close range? I know this game is make believe but there needs to be a little realism. Kraber doesn't even have a short range scope like holo scope. It doesn't even have a reticle for firing from the hip like the non sniping weapons have. You already have to reload after every single shot leaving you vulnerable to being rushed and killed. So your supposed to have to deal with latency as well making it impossible to hit moving targets?

Keep in mind that Titanfall multiplayer currently is dominated by close, mid range weaponry like smg, smart pistol. Removing latency for the kraber would help balance the multiplayer. Every fps i've played, cod, killzone, battlefield all have sniper rifles similar to kraber that are instant kill. None of them had latency because it wasn't necessary since the player had to reload after every shot. These are heavy hitting chamber fed rifles if your target isn't dead after your first shot your as good as dead because of the reload time. Think about it. Even the railgun for the titan doesn't have to be reloaded after every shot yet it has latency for balance reasons since it does so much damage. The kraber has to be reloaded after every shot and it has latency as well. Also the kraber is an anti infantry weapon so it targets other pilots that are much much faster than titans and alot harder to hit.

There is another common since solution to the issue if every thinks latency for kraber is fine and want to use it at close range. Make it so that the gun doesn't have to reload after every shot giving it a rate of fire similar to the railgun. Also replace the long range scopes with short range scope similar to the railgun. Finally give it a reticle for when your firing from the hip allowing for the kraber to be fired effectively while moving. Then the kraber will be perfectly effective weapon even with the latency. It doesn't make remotely any since to force the players to use a long range scope for close range fighting while also having to reload after every shot. If this is the purpose of the weapon it makes absolutely no since and it is entirely ineffective. It would be like using a long bow for melee combat it is ridiculous!

5. A4eaTransformer

A4eaTransformer Generation 6
    Elite Pilot

Your frustrations are understandable. However, lag may actually be more realistic given the distances the gun covers. All the various gun attribute discussions just do not seem that important to me. The real discussion is how you have fun and how you optimize their advantages. I am not accusing you.. But "it is a poor carpenter who blames his tools". TF is just way to cool and fun to get caught up in the the relatively minor things.

6. Bruvas

Bruvas Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Almost every fps game have a good number of people that stick short range scopes on snipers effectively turning them into mid range rifles. Battlefield 3 / 4 and hardline have this in abundance.

Not my scene though. I'm a sprint and spray kind of fella!

7. The Juggernaut

The Juggernaut Generation 7

I dabble in the fine art of choosing the lowest-scope zoom for snipers and trying them out around midrange. AOG is a good choice for TF snipers.
    One of the points of TF is that the mobility is the most stressed mechanic. Snipers don't really have a place in TF where you must use them to dominate. Imagine every time you play CoD and a sniper in the back instantly kills you by shooting you in the toe without giving you any time at all to react. Imagine that in TF and how aggravating that would be! Just imagine parkour rushing around and being blown out of the sky a entire maps distance away.. .not fun!
    The leading is what keeps the kraber from being that annoying sniper... I love the DMR though! AOG with that is pretty awesome.

• Like Like x 1
  8. rainman0211

rainman0211 Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

LOL :D... Sprint & Spray. I was more of a Dash N Die kind of guy. Since I've lately started playing with the mindset to not die so now maybe I'll be... Don't Die So Much This Time guy.;)

• Like Like x 1
  9. Deeszigns

Deeszigns Generation 4
    Elite Pilot

I have no issues with Kraber learn to lead your shots properly . I prefer the up close quick scope and no scope......Killing and Moving, Killing and moving