LOLz @ SNIPING!! OMG!

Discussion in 'General Titanfall discussion' started by SHAN, Mar 14, 2014.

?
  1. Sounds about right...Everytime!

8 vote(s)
    42.1%
  2. Most of the times...yea...

8 vote(s)
    42.1%
  3. Never. I'm great at sniping on this game...

3 vote(s)
    15.8%
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. SHAN

SHAN GEN 10 NONSTOP MAP-TREADIN' CROSS-COUNTRY STRYDER
    Elite Pilot

Am i the only one who's finding it very difficult to snipe on TitanFall? The game is so fast paced and it takes 2 body shots, 3 w/ the suppressor to kill pilots. Of course theres always the HEADSHOT which is damn near impossible to get lol. I'm exaggerating a bit but i believe sniping *effectively* on this game is no joke. It's tough. Do you agree or disagree?

2. WhoIsDo

WhoIsDo Generation 7
    Administrator

To me, it makes perfect sense that sniping is tough in this game (as it should be). The movement is incredibly fast, and agile pilots should be able to neutralize a sniper.

The game seems to be predicated on movement and not standing still, so I'm perfectly fine with the sniper balance as is.

• Like Like x 4
  3. RayFromJersey

RayFromJersey Generation 4

I've only used the upgraded burn card sniper rifle, 1 shot kill, so that's not too bad. If I manage to find a decent vantage point and cloak, I can get at least one or two kills before someone sneaks around and kills me.

4. Lannik

Lannik Generation 2

Use the one-shot non-hitscan sniper rifle. (kraber?) If it hits, it kills. Period. Ive seen people using this in close quarters combat with fairly outrageous efficiency as a result. I myself tend to use it over the semi-auto sniper, only thing is you have to make every shot count, because there is a (relatively) long downtime between shots, and each shot has a VERY visible tracer that broadcasts to the whole map where you're shooting from.

I recommend getting the reduced scope sway for it asap if you intend to snipe with it. (Obviously not necessary if you're going to take it into close quarters combat situations)

5. Raging Pillow X

Raging Pillow X Generation 3

I just unlocked the kraber and its pretty sick. The first sniper rifle is useless unless you are very good and headshots. like lannik said it is pretty effective close quarters if you are used to quick scoping in other games. i suck at quickscoping and i did alright with it.

6. Clarkeh

Clarkeh Post-Patch Generation 6 Pilot
    Elite Pilot

Indeed Sniping in this game isn't the campers gun and i like it, I haven't used it since the beta but i believe you can put a short range scope on it and use it as a rifle i think?

• Like Like x 1
  7. Captain Sierra

Captain Sierra Generation 2

Only sniping I do is mid-range pick-offs with the G2A4 rifle. Add an AOG and you have yourself a freaking gun. Easy hunting on grunts and moderately easy kills on pilots if you can get 1-2 bullets on them before they identify your position.

8. pantong51

pantong51 Generation 4

i just finished my gen 4 challenges, i found that some games i would go 12/0 or 7/7 never did great with them

9. aynrandsucks

aynrandsucks Generation 2

i'm not sure that sniping in this game will be like it is in say, CoD. the movement is too fast, and the shot trails make it pretty easy to tell where a shot came from. you'd have to cloak and move after every shot. sure you could play effectively that way, but I just don't enjoy that style of play.

10. Bumsonfire

Bumsonfire Generation 3

Its nothing like most other games, but luckily they are semi-auto instead of bolt action, It makes it easier to hit moving targets

11. GammonMaster

GammonMaster O.G. Original Gamer Before Platform Shoes, Baby!
    Elite Pilot

Could not be happier that sniping is difficult in this game. Nothing worse that a map full of campers taking easy pop shots who do not actually get involved in the game or as a team player.

If I get taken out by a sniper in this game, I know I did by a good, skilled player and I can respect that...

• Like Like x 1
  12. SHAN

SHAN GEN 10 NONSTOP MAP-TREADIN' CROSS-COUNTRY STRYDER
    Elite Pilot

Update: I reached my 2 gen and have been sniping off and on with the Krabar(whatever it's called). It's FREAKIN hard but i really like the challenge it offers. I just wished i received more points for sniper kills because at the end of the game my 4-5 pilot kills never match up to someone whos been running around with the shotgun or assult rifle. I guess the only satisfation i get is knowing it takes elevated skill to snipe on this game, that's why most don't attempt it.

• Like Like x 1
  13. ZJP

ZJP Generation 5
    Elite Pilot

AMEN HALLELUJAH BROTHA :D

• Like Like x 1
  14. Pilgor3

Pilgor3 Generation 3

I love how sniping is hard because not everyone can do it and it's almost pointless since you get more points and kills if you run around with a smg or assault riffle

15. ZJP

ZJP Generation 5
    Elite Pilot

It's just a breath of fresh air from CoD.....since the little ones can't glitch-scope you anymore. Love to see improvements that require skill. :D

• Like Like x 1
  16. Pilgor3

Pilgor3 Generation 3

YES IM LOVING IT

17. MostyRusty

MostyRusty Generation 1

Im not a sniper guy, since Im not that good at it, but I have found that there are a couple of maps in which I can snipe relatively easy (Colony and nexus are good ones).

The key is to get to a high point (obviously) and start searching the rooftops for pilots. I have found that many times pilots are bouncing from rooftop to rooftop, but eventually they will stop to attack someone: thats your sniping window. Once you shot you should abandon that place because some other pilot will surely come for you.

I haven't unlocked the Kraber yet, but with the regular sniper you have to take aim and quickly take 2-3 shots. Its not a one-shot-kill, but you can make those 3 shots relatively fast enough to get a kill before the pilot knows what hit him.

18. Bear

Bear That ain't falco.
    Elite Pilot

HOW WILL I MAKE MY SNIPER 420 DUBSTEP MONTAGE NOW? DAMN YOU RESPAWN.

19. Bear

Bear That ain't falco.
    Elite Pilot

Quick scoping is not a glitch and requires more skill than using regular guns(ar's smg etc). Go ahead and disagree and whine all you want. Get a killstreakless nuke with a sniper only quickscoping and then talk.

20. Bayz P

Bayz P Generation 4

It's pretty tough. I tried a few times. I am not good.