Looking for Negative Opinions of Titanfall

Discussion in 'Titanfall 360 & Xbox One' started by Raging Pillow X, Feb 23, 2014.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. GammonMaster

GammonMaster O.G. Original Gamer Before Platform Shoes, Baby!
    Elite Pilot

Excellent points and views from some knowdledgable gamers.

For me, it is real simple. I had more fun playing both betas than I have with all the COD's combined in the last years, minus COD4.
    Like PJZ , I also believe that this game for $60 is more bang for your buck than almost anything I can remember in gaming in a longtime (ok, Fallout 3 was another)! I actually believe it will make my investment in the X1 finally worth it.
    So TF, saved me $500 bucks so far, so now I feel I owe the game ;)

• Like Like x 2
  2. ZJP

ZJP Generation 5
    Elite Pilot

HA! I was just thinking that. Probably put a good 150 hours into that on Xbox and another 40 or 50 on PC with mods.

Same. Feel like the system pays for itself if I'm going to get what we played in the Beta PLUS WAY MORE. I never felt bored playing the same 2 maps over and over again. I was constantly flying around grinding my teeth, with my eyes darting everywhere. You're telling me after that they're gonna give us way more maps, weapons, titans, etc?

That sounds like a double jumpin' wall runnin', robot droppin' Christmas to me.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Grim

Grim Max Rank Pilot
    Elite Pilot

There is so much win in this post. :)

I agree with all points that were made.

4. Raging Pillow X

Raging Pillow X Generation 3

Keep in mind I have never played the game, and i still went and bought an XBOX 1 only for this game: I understand the point of the AI, but with current gen FPS I can pretty much walk into a room and decimate 3 opponents unless they are really good. My concern is if the AI is easy for most, how easy will it be for me. I will breeze through them and onto opponents that i will also breeze through. It is rare that I am challenged to a significant degree in current FPS. Sorry if I come across as a pompous ass. I am actually a nice person to play with or against.

5. CRUCIAL

CRUCIAL Generation 4

Because as you've stated you've never had the chance to play the beta I can understand your concerns about the A.I. Indeed I previously shared them.

What you haven't experienced yet is the actual playing , and yes the bots are not a threat to a seasoned fps player but they are not there to fill that role.

The role the bots filled for me was immersion, when your on a hot streak in an fps and you seem unstoppable killing other players everywhere you get that feeling of excelling yes?
    Well because the game is fast enough there are plenty of occasions where you will find yourself suddenly and unexpectedly confronting a full squad of bots, in that moment as an fps player you are conditioned to attack aggressively as you know if you turn your back its over vs multiple players.
    The thing is its not human players (sometimes) so you survive it, keep your senses sharp and move instantly to the next action.
    This then , depending on the scenario gives that feeling briefly ,of being a badass action hero.

Now for a new player this is a tremendous addition as it allows them to have fun and feel like they are helping.
    For a vet, it keeps your senses sharp.

I'm a very seasoned fps gamer and I thoroughly enjoyed the aspect. Don't be concerned about innovation , embrace it!

6. ZJP

ZJP Generation 5
    Elite Pilot

Every single word he said. And ya know what? Every once in a while? Even though you'll never admit it?

You will get killed by bots.

There's just too much going on. You may run into a room with 4 bots and 2 pilots....and you MAY take the pilots down with ease and you MAY get one or two of the grunts right before you go down. But you'll go down. Won't happen often. If hardly ever. But you'll get used to those bots and one day you'll get cocky and then bang.

Then you'll have to head over to the "I was killed by a bot in Titanfall" support group on Reddit.

Which actually exists.

Because it's going to happen :)

The first step to Titanfall is admitting you have a problem...

My name is PJZ and I've been killed by a bot.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Clarkeh

Clarkeh Post-Patch Generation 6 Pilot
    Elite Pilot

*Puts hand up* My name is Clarkeh and i have been killed by a bot...at melee range.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Pilot_KC

Pilot_KC 6th Gen Pilot
    Elite Pilot

*Puts hand up* My name is Pilot_KC and I have been killed by a bot... Spectre got me as I came running up some stairs... ;)

9. CuzMe

CuzMe Generation 1

Same happened to me lol, I didn't know they would 2hit melee me XD
    I died while trying to melee a few of them.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Jnardz

Jnardz Generation 4

The shotgun is strong but only up to a certain range. I don't mind it cause the range ain't that great on it. That smart pistol is more annoying to me then the shotgun is

11. TtargetPractice

TtargetPractice Generation 2

I agree, the shotgun at least requires you to aim. Personally, I think the smart pistol is an ultimate noob tool and doesn't really have a place in any FPS game. I'm not sure why it was created and would prefer if it were not an option at all. You might as well not even play a FPS game if you're going to let the game do most of the work for you.

12. Clarkeh

Elite Pilot

Theres a fine line with the smart pistol, It takes a little bit longer to get that three shot lock on so it gives the opponent the chance to gun you down before you can fire your shots off if thier any good at aiming, Getting the drop on your enemy on the other hand well theres no chance of combating that but from what i've seen theres not many ocassions you can dodge death when you get ambushed with any weapon in the game anyway.

13. ZJP

ZJP Generation 5
    Elite Pilot

Unfortunately, I feel the same way about the Smart Pistol. If you're using an AI gun to shoot at AI...you're basically letting the computer beat the computer and asking for points for it. If you're using it to shoot me, you're politely asking the computer to do the aiming for you.

Hoping they eventually patch it so it's harder to lock on to pilots...that way I don't perform some feat of super human awesomeness....doom a titan, kill a pilot in mid-air, drop down, melee two grunts, kill two more with grenades, rodeo a friendly titan and take down a few more enemies....only to be FINALLY shot down by a guy who sorta aimed....barely..in my general direction.... kinda. I guess.

I'm all for the game being accessible to more folks. But if you use an aim-bot in other games? You get banned. Here? Attrition points. Not the end of the world...if someone was spamming it, i'd usually just leave the match due to us getting beat by the computer.

Cheap and irritating BUT...if it replaces camping? I'll get over it. :)

• Like Like x 1
  14. Clarkeh

Elite Pilot

Well Pilot Cloak does slown down the lock on alot more....

15. ZJP

ZJP Generation 5
    Elite Pilot

That's what I've heard. I exclusively used Stim because I like to move as fast as possible. I can't seem to link things here, but I made a YouTube video where I'm getting shot by 2 guys AND the guy on a roof with a smart pistol. I manage to take one down, get way from the other ...get OVER the wall and out of sight from ALL THREE GUYS....

...and I drop dead.

The guy on the roof soooooooooooooorrrrrta got me in his sights. I say sort of ..because NOT ONCE did his actual crosshair hit me.

Bullet followed me.

3 guys shooting at me, I had the reflexes to get out of there alive...

Nope.

Computer guided bullet :D Booooo to that.

16. Pilot_KC

Pilot_KC 6th Gen Pilot
    Elite Pilot

This last sentence PJZ is exactly how I began to view the Smart Pistol. I would rather die to the odd cheap kill than have game after game, team after team standing on the opposing sides of the map trying to snipe each other.

17. GammonMaster

Elite Pilot

LOL! I thought I was the only one killed by a damn Bot! Walked into a room and BAM! He killed me with one shot!

I heard that the Bots are leveled up based on Team skill level. So if your team is better the Bots who fight with you will be better. Not verified but at times it seems to make sense as some of those Bots have put a hurt on me and I thought they were players.

I like the Bots as they can confuse the combat scene and if you are not watching closely, you will miss the actually player among them. I died more than a few times saying "Damn, I thought it was a bot!"

now to find that support group...

18. CRUCIAL

CRUCIAL Generation 4

Where did you hear the bots were levelled up on team skill Gammon? I actually quite like that idea but my initial thought is what about new inexperienced FPS players?

If a complete team of new players is against an experienced team those bots would be great to keep the newer guys interested without getting too discouraged.

19. Clarkeh

Elite Pilot

Could have been a player in Spectre Camo...

• Like Like x 1
  20. GammonMaster

Elite Pilot

Wish I could remember but it was a post or maybe talk online. It made sense at the time though and could explain why I see Bots a bit stronger sometimes than usual.