Looks like I won't be regenerating again...

Discussion in 'Titanfall 360 & Xbox One' started by Feed Me Camels, Mar 14, 2014.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Noah Blevins

Noah Blevins Generation 3

Yeah, people getting upset over not being able to prestige 10 without really experiencing the game is a good laugh. It's about time someone made it actually mean a little bit to get up there.

I'm at like lv 48 or 49....should gen today. I have railgun 4 of 5 complete and normally use my titan to guard A B or C for dom, or have it on follow mode in attrition. I would say I pilot it maybe 25% of the time it is out. It's not hard to use that gun.

2. Feed Me Camels

Feed Me Camels Generation 2

People are in such a hurry to spread the word of hate that they didn't read one of my posts, so I'll restate. I thought that regeneration challenges were randomized. Would you think it unfair if you had to use a gun you weren't comfortable with while the next guy gets to use the chaingun or 40mm? Now that I know its preset, I'm happy with it.

If you have nothing to add to the thread besides insults and childish behavior, stay out please.
    I thought this community would be different...but I see the same old trolls. Getting really close to 5th gen because of the help I got from the real humans here, thank you guys.

3. Mouskatool

Mouskatool Stand by for Titanfall
    Elite Pilot

I actually tried out the Plasma Railgun today and that thing is BEAST. I was using the Stryder and dashing to and from cover and landing fully charged nukes on people and was taking them down super fast.

People disagreeing with you is not trolling. I haven't seen anyone here trolling or insulting you, just people offering their opinions.

4. L0rdOfCats

L0rdOfCats Generation 2

Hi! this may be off topic but I don't know anyway I am currently gen 3 and are struggling to complete the challenges specified. I am having no issues with the Railgun or the Smg as I use them all the time anyway and am quite a pro with each haha! But the one I am having a hard time with now is the satchel charge :( I am used to using Arc grenades and have not been able to get a Si gle kill

5. Mouskatool

Elite Pilot

Once you get the hang of the satchel charges they are the best ordnance in the game. What game mode do you usually play? In Hardpoint Domination use them around the hardpoints. If the enemy is capping one, throw it in through a doorway or window and detonate it before entering the building. 9 times out of 10 that will kill the person capping it.

Or, if you're capping a hardpoint, place charges near the hardpoint and hide in a corner somewhere. As soon as the status changes from "Capturing" to "Contested" detonate both of them. Again, 9 times out of 10 that will kill the attacker.

When I have someone rodeoing my Titan, I will jump out and quickly turn, throw a satchel, and detonate it in the air on top of my Titan. That usually puts a stop to their shenanigans.

In case you didn't already know, you can detonate the satchel charges by double tapping X. No need to use the actual detonator.

6. OujaStrike

OujaStrike Generation 4 Level 50
    Elite Pilot

i'm not a fan of some of the challenges i like to use certain guns it sucks using guns you don't want to use or like using just my 2 cents

7. Feed Me Camels

Feed Me Camels Generation 2

I know how you feel, I want to use the arc cannon 24/7 but when I do, I feel like I'm wasting time when I could be working on my generation quad rocket challenges

8. Noah Blevins

Noah Blevins Generation 3

The challenges really only last long enough so that people will develope some skill with each of the weapons. Some people will be better or worse with certain things from the get-go, but we all have to do it.

Doing the shotgun challenges will suck on larger maps, as will other weapons on small maps....but 50 levels is more than enough time to finish up all challenges with at least 2 pilot weapons.

9. Machinimastone

Machinimastone Generation 1

They both suck indeed. Do they plan on fixing that in a future update or should I just get a refund and get a different game bundle?

10. ZJP

ZJP Generation 5
    Elite Pilot

Nope. Better grab a refund. :)

11. Operation Kovax

Operation Kovax Generation 2

@Machinimastone

The first Titanfall forum troller I've seen, everyone took the bait haha.

12. Aggromemnon

Aggromemnon Generation 2

the only one that needs to go is Gooser. 75 ejecting pilot kills? gimme a break.

13. L0rdOfCats

L0rdOfCats Generation 2

I recently completed the Satchel Charge challenge :D thankyou for the tips Mouskatool!

14. maroofisonfire

maroofisonfire Generation 2

I got super upset about the piece of crap that is the plasma railgun, too, but I assure you it is NOTHING compared to the hell you will face if you want Gen 6.

Play LTS and you'll get to Gen 4 just fine.

15. Sorrows Revenge

Sorrows Revenge Generation 2

Ok I agree with the idea of the challenges, just not the implementation. It may suck using a sniper rifle and the plasma guns but they are possible and can be done given enough time. It's the ones like the gooser that just seems hard just to be hard. I like that they don;t just give you the regens but I have heard alot of people already talking about giving up or even quiting and selling there copy. Even have a friend who has workrd on gooser for 3 days(3-4hrs a day) and only has 5 gooser kills and he is a good player with a 6/kd and2.2 against pilots. His KD continues to go down as he works on challenges but i can tell his enjoyment and excitement for the game is fading fast. It is starting to feel like work for both of us to do challenges instead of fun. At the same time do we just quit doing them? That takes an aspect of the fun out of it also. Also since this game is much more team oriented then COD it sucks that I or others hurt the ability of our team to win as someone works on a challenge with a weapon they suck with. I hope respawn fixes this.

16. Xx krayz1e xx

Xx krayz1e xx Generation 2

Just gen to gen 2 last night I'm pumped for the extra challenges lol

17. Mouskatool

Elite Pilot

Dude, are you serious right now?

You people are KILLING me with this shit. Regenerating is OPTIONAL and you get nothing from it other than that badge meant to show off your skill and dedication to the game and challenges. It is NOT an entitlement or meant to be simply given away.

YOU DO NOT HAVE TO REGEN, SO QUIT ACTING LIKE THIS RUINS THE GAME.

18. Machinimastone

Machinimastone Generation 1

Actually quite easy to get the Gooser challenge. When an enemy titan is about to be out of health, just hit them with the cluster missile and it'll kill them while they're ejecting. I can't get a single kill with the plasma railgun or satchel charges, however. I don't plan to get anymore shooters on the Xbox One anyway, the controller isn't very comfortable for me so I will play exclusives on them but stick to the Playstation 4 as my primary system.

19. maroofisonfire

maroofisonfire Generation 2

This, this, and a whole lotta this. None of the other challenges are IMPOSSIBLE, just time-grinding. This one, however, good lord.

Looks like I'll be stuck at Gen 5 'til Titanfall 2. Thanks, Respawn, for making a challenge I bet maybe one of you devs can do 5 times.

And for the guy who said this isn't game-breaking - it kinda is. Gooser has nothing to do with skill and is all luck-based and timing. It's just a teensy bit game-breaking when no one can go up from Gen 5 because of this crap.

20. OujaStrike

OujaStrike Generation 4 Level 50
    Elite Pilot

Killing Pilots with the Eva 8 Shotgun is a pain, this is how i'm going about it.

Pilots i'll play a couple games using the weapon i have to complete the challenge than i'll go back to use my normal loadout, Titan i'll just use the weapon with the Stryder.

I already got like 3 kills with the 40 MM Cannon