Looks like I won't be regenerating again...

Discussion in 'Titanfall 360 & Xbox One' started by Feed Me Camels, Mar 14, 2014.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. lumor_

lumor_ Generation 1

This is stupid. Sure it's a challange to do what you have to do, but is it fun?
    I really hate shotguns in all games. They are totally boring and just turns me off. Not fun to kill with and not fun to be killed by. You should be able to decide what to specialize in rather than forced to play in a way you find boring. 200 shotgun kills or whatever? Makes lots of games just suck.

2. Koviko

Koviko Generation 4

If you don't find the generation system to be fun, then just don't participate in it. It's a pretty simple solution.

3. lumor_

lumor_ Generation 1

4. maroofisonfire

maroofisonfire Generation 2

You have no idea how fun it is to see that Gen 10 50 and just do whatever you want. One of the last things I did was the unlocked all the hardware achievement and it's legitimately fun being able to switch guns just because I WANT to and not because I HAVE to.

5. TtargetPractice

TtargetPractice Generation 2

This is no way a crack at you solely, but after reading the many posts and with yours being the last, it seems the most appropriate to quote. This is painfully obvious to anyone with a healthy mental state, but seemingly not so obvious to many of the posters on this forum.

You don't HAVE to do anything. You can have just as much fun with no regeneration as you can with 50 regenerations. If you WANT to use any weapon, you're free to at any time. Regeneration is OPTIONAL. If you're unable to enjoy the game without an arbitrary sense of "progression", that's a problem with you, and not the game. You all do understand what optional means, right?

6. maroofisonfire

I wasn't saying anything is wrong with the game, but for those of us who are achievement hunters or like doing everything, I was merely noting how relieving it is to get to Gen 10 and not have to be forced to do challenges to move on to the next generation. It's a great game, which is why it's fun to play as desired when hitting Gen 10.

7. TtargetPractice

I don't think you understand the meaning of the word "forced".

8. maroofisonfire

I think you should go back and read my entire post for context. For those who want to move from generation to generation, you are indeed forced to do challenges to do so. Otherwise, you cannot move on.

I've seen people stuck at Gen 2 50 both by choice and because they don't have a choice until they finish their challenges.

9. TtargetPractice

I think you need to understand that you can never be forced to do something optional. Choosing to regen means that you choose to fulfill all requirements to do so. If you're stuck on challenges, you need to learn to play. This was never intended to be a game that you can excel in only one aspect of and still be successful. This still holds true, but now players will suffer from the illusion of success by having the regen badge and not the skills that were originally intended to go with it.