Losing Interest

Discussion in 'General Titanfall discussion' started by Gene, May 19, 2014.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Sgt_rawk

Sgt_rawk Generation 7

Yeah I agree whole heartedly, as I said before they reminded me of Call of Duty DLC in terms of their size. They felt ok but they didn't feel like they had the continuity and flow of the original maps. Also once I work out the traffic a bit more they might play better. But I think the original maps are just better thought out and lend themselves better to all modes of play.

2. chejose

chejose Generation 2

I'm confident that respawn will address these issues in the next few dlc's after all they have been one of the only developers that have actually 'try' to do something about what people are complaining about in the game, eg game matching (even though its not 100% yet).

3. undeadunderware

undeadunderware Generation 4

I had exactly the same experience when I hit gen 5 at the weekend, I am really exploring the maps and getting around without touching the.ground, although sometimes i have those run jump, wall run, jump splat into the wall and slide down like a dead fish moments. The autopistol was mu best friend when doing the sniper challenge and I stuck to the 4.5 scope with stabiliser. Zip wires helped a lot with sniping and looking for lobbies with opposing people doing the same challenge, look for the dot on the mini map and follow their bullet trail, a lot of the snipers pick obvious. Places and try and stay still. Good luck with it

4. The Juggernaut

The Juggernaut Generation 7

I only find people doing challenges that have good guns like Hemlock or anything that isn't a sniper. I die a lot lol.
    I only need 8 more sniper kills on pilots ( haven't hit level 50 yet). Those will be very easy.
    Im level 44 I think and im starting to stop believing im going to finish most of my challenges by the time I hit 50.
    I still have 31 autopistol kills needed, 8 DMR kills, I have to kill 70 AI with the DMR ( absolutely dreadful), I need 22 more Charge Rifle crits. ( Seem easy enough...)
    Quad rocket was a blast ( literally) Finished those quickly. DMR vs AI = I don't like this challenge.
    After DMR is gone im going to use Autopistol and that seems like fun.

• Like Like x 1
  5. chejose

chejose Generation 2

I finished the DMR spectre kills last night, i just took it on the chin and expected to be killed a tonne of times. In the end i broke even with deaths and kills, but i completed the challenge, got 2 more pilot kills with the pistol and ill gen up to level 5.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Gene

Gene Generation 2

I feel ya man. If anyone is on xbox and would like to game... Xbox tag is ShepherdOfFire1

7. Sgt_rawk

Sgt_rawk Generation 7

I have mixed feelings about the challenges to Regen. I have not been a big fan of grinding out things in game, I have never tried to get camo's in CoD or work on the meta game stuff to keep me occupied, so I was a little frustrated when I went from gen 2 to 3 and had to get kills with the shotgun and other stuff that I can't quite remember. There is a sense of achievement in this act however if the pain of the grind is greater than the reward then I think I will have an issue. I realised that for my Gen 3 requirements I had to use the plasma rifle on my titan, so to avoid pain I started using it early on but I am still needing 29 titan kills and am almost ready to regen even though I started early. The smg and satchel challenges were easy as I am an oficianado of those things. But the plasma rifle is a grind. The positive is that I now know how to get kills with it thanks to trial and error and the advice I have gleaned here on this forum.

It appears that some of the regen requirements will basically stump me in the end as I will not grind if it doesn't suit me. Its a shame however it isn't a deal breaker for me. But I can certainly understand some of the opinions and doubts expressed by you guys around the regen requirements.

8. Jimmah

Jimmah Generation 5

Familiarity breeds contempt.

• Like Like x 2
  9. undeadunderware

go silent with a sniper with fast reload kit, use minion detector and spend a few attrition games getting AI , that I plowed through and you get your titan quicker. With pilot kills, I even found myself jumping around maps and id I saw someone peering over a roof i would walk up close and shoot them (yes desperate measures) with the long bow. You have done it faster than me with thelongbow as I spent some games swapping it out as i got fed up of being out of the game. I ended up annoying the wife and child by spending a Saturday afternoon and evening doing it...huge sigh of relief when done. One thing I found was that when I returned to other weapons it took me a while to get used to the pace again!

10. undeadunderware

y
    I may just be lucky after initially hating new match making since Saturday almost every game of attrition i have been has been fairly close except for a few games where o was teamed up with a party of 2 10th gens who were in their own little team that probably could have one on their own, I committed the names to memory so if ever they appeared on the opposition. I could run away like a good chicken

11. boise

boise Generation 4

Glad to see that you are so easily amused, @Gene :) though I'm sorry to say that your understanding of programming is rather... lacking... "a simple customizable paint booth" is not something that the devs can just throw together on a lunch break, and there are many things for them to work on that are more important than stuff like that. Though I agree that it would be a nice feature, and hopefully we will see it one day.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. chejose

chejose Generation 2

One thing that has really started to shit me, is the spawns on the smaller maps. 4 times tonight i spawn amogts enemy titans on the ground floor. Wish they fix this so at leat the pilots have a chance to move around.

13. Sgt_rawk

Sgt_rawk Generation 7

Yeah. I noticed I got put into a couple of pretty ordinary spawns last weekend. Again not a big deal but they were conspicuous by their presence as I hadn't really got a crappy spawn since I started playing.

14. Unuseful_Idiot

Unuseful_Idiot Generation 3

ea/respawn says - on one hand - that TF has a good player base, but on the other hand, they cut playlists because of small player lists. I understand all the science behind this and the business model, but this game looses it's diversity, and if the next DLC won't repair that, I doubt that the game will live up to the 2-year cycle.
    Not to mention numerous bugs and issues that aren't being addressed by customer care.
    And private match is still a beta? really?

btw - the Expedition was something you know what to expect from - it was known it will containt 3 maps so I can hardly understand anyone bitching about it. 2 of them are pretty cool (war games close to awesome), only the swamp is failed, imho

15. UltraScreamer52

UltraScreamer52 Generation 2

I'm fine with what I got in the map pack. I knew how many maps I was getting ahead of time and still bought them. I'm no gen 10 and don't really care to be. I'm having fun and just don't understand why everyone is pissed off at this game. Any issues I've had with Titanfall isn't any worse than any other game I have every played. So to all the haters out there, stop playing the game if it's really that bad.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  16. The Juggernaut

But I want to kill more pilots then the number of my deaths...

17. undeadunderware

Use the titan and your auto pistol to kill the pilots, i was suggesting how to get rid of those grunt kills sometimes you even get a few pilot kills with silenced dmr but i found going unsilenced to kill grunts was just bleh

18. The Juggernaut

This is what I do know:
    Go into LTS,
    Play one round and see if my team rapes.
    If they rape, good. You can get out of your titan next round and just farm AI with silenced DMR and get charge rifle crits.
    If they suck, you have to stay in your titan to provide support. BTW suppressed DMR sucks but is needed to kill AI without dying by a pilots hands. 4 shots to kill a single Spectre with the silencer...

19. undeadunderware

i can see how that could work, i am thinking more about the opening part of attrition when grunts are all over the place. If you use 4.5 scope you can keep a nice distance. Lagoon is one good start, diameter refuel station, and angel city you can stay out of the action a little by using a long range axipe and get a sight line of a some.roads areas and it is grumt city. If you headshot them which a better scope enables then your away, spectres are annoying, I think sometimes they are tougher than pilots. Good luck again.

20. A.C

A.C Generation 4

#40 A.C, May 23, 2014
    Last edited: May 23, 2014
    I played a couple of days of COD after posting about how I was losing interest, and found myself raging unbelievable amounts aswell as finding the COD games lacking cutting-edge/additional depth/another dimension.

I came back to Titanfall - there is very little BS in TF IMHO.

So yeah... I am back playing TF and back enjoying it. I needed that reality check to show how boring and BS other FPS that I used to enjoy really are in comparison.

• Like Like x 2