Titanfall Matched against and with higher Gen players

Discussion in 'Feedback, Issues & Suggestions' started by Thyeith, Oct 25, 2014.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Thyeith

Thyeith Generation 1

I don't understand why I just can't fight someone of the same playing experience. It literally makes me not want to play the game when all I fight is Gen 10 players and i'm what just Gen 2. I'm not a bad player that is raging b/c I can't ever go positive. I just don't have the experience to face people that have 9 Gens of experience and playing time ahead of me. When all you do is lose for the same reasons it's frustrating. As game creators you should have put something in the game on RELEASE to prevent players from being matched with higher gen players. Now the common argument arises that "Oh what if you're playing with a friend that is gen 8 and you're gen 3" Well it's simple you match it evenly you have your match making systems identify and match you against players doing the same thing with maybe a gen or two difference unlike hey i'm gen 10 and get matched against gen 5 and lower and i destroy everything b/c i'm just more experienced. That is complete bullshit someone should be dominating a game b/c they are fighting people with a fraction of the experience and playing time they do. IT JUST AGGRAVATING AND NO ONE LIKES IT.

2. rainman0211

rainman0211 Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Could not agree more with you. Sucks that it can be that way at times. Take some satisfaction in getting some Gen 10 pilot kills... at least that was my way of coping while battling on. Happy hunting.

• Like Like x 1
  3. IR0NICHER0

IR0NICHER0 Generation 1

While they have the experience, it doesn't necessarily mean they are better players. I don't really even notice the Gen differences when I play. You win some, you lose some.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  4. reapper1201

reapper1201 Generation 2

I do agree with you, the thing is though because its not that hard to get to gen 10 in the game (there were people doing it in the weekend titanfall came out) there are a lot more gen 8 ,9 and 10 players than there are new players i suggest you try out some other game-modes like hardpoint or last titan standing where the main focus is not to kill you and start learning more of the game

5. rainman0211

rainman0211 Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Right about that. Never got mad... Just learned. You know the replay after you're killed is a great teacher. Was just saying I learned some of all the what for' s and how to's.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. ACCtionMan

ACCtionMan Generation 2

While I struggle against the Gen 10's and lots of others (I'm Gen 2 level 30 something), these days I'm thankful for them as without them, the number of players would be heaps smaller than it is now. While there has been a small increase in new players since they started heavily discounting and released the deluxe version, it seems to be primarily big fans of the game.

I love my Titanfall fix and perhaps I should watch more of the replays of me dying like suggested. I reckon at least half of my deaths come from running past a corner or out in the open and being shot from behind.

• Like Like x 2
  7. rainman0211

rainman0211 Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Pay attention to what's going on around you. You'll pick up tip/tricks and ideas on a daily basis. Wall running gets you places quick and can get you out of some threatening situations.

8. Eddie Silvers

Eddie Silvers Generation 2

______________________________________________________________________________________
    I am a Gen 9 and trust me when I tell you I SUCK ! This is the first, shooter game I have ever played and I am old as hell to top it off so the reflexes just aren't there like they were when I was younger. I also understand your woes and have just fought through it. If you record the fights you will find more wrong here than just the issue you have at hand. I am currently frustrated with the challenge of the Plasma rail gun because it doesn't count correctly. I have been at 21 for a while and have had buddies that watched with me and seen the hits but were not counted in the re-Gen requirement. This is just one of the issues they have with the count system picking up correctly. I have heard nothing on any of this and am here to report it now. If they wish I can record it and show them the issue but not sure I have to go that far. These are a bunch of good people to my knowledge and truly want a quality product. I think, in the future, if they use the beta rank system for accurate matching it will work better than what they are doing now. I hate that thing too because if your not on for a week or so it drops your rank automatically which is one reason I leave it off. It also seems that every time I turn it on my score drops drastically..... Jus Sayn.... Your welcome to friend me and I will bestow what I can to you to help with your game. I had to figure it all out on my own and trust me, there is not a play book on this game that helps with any of it.... See ya in the battle.... NiteSilverSlayr

• Like Like x 1
  9. Likecars

Likecars Generation 2

Eddie,

I must be your twin, your personal summary fits me as well. I have made it to Gen 9 through perseverance, sure I have gotten better, but I still get stomped by gen 1s and 2s. I would be lying if I said I don't get frustrated by that, but I reflect on how much I love this game and move on.

I haven't started the rail gun challenges, working through the Smart pistol (very frustrating), Hemlock, and XO first. I'll keep an eye out for the bugs you noted. Good luck.

Agree on the ranked play as well.

• Like Like x 1
  10. lonekawboy

lonekawboy Generation 2

The game is a JOKE when it comes to matching players! Plain and simple. It amazes me being a programmer that their programmers are so utterly clueless when it comes to this! Just played a match and the top three players were myself and two others that absolutely pounded the other team! I had 23 pilot kills and the next two below on my same team had 17. It is ZERO fun playing against a team that doesn't have a clue and if you enjoy that type of play (playing just to win) you need to move on. The worst part about this whole thing is that on the next match, the same players were on the SAME team. Really! I am ready to move on so GOODBYE crapfall as you are becoming a WASTE of my time. What a great game wasted by crappy programmers!

11. rainman0211

rainman0211 Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

IT get better and easier lonekawboy. It's a problem that's been addressed many times on this forum (you are not the first and surely not the last). As you progress things get easier and more acceptable. Don't give up... unless you'd like to miss out on a very good game.

12. lonekawboy

lonekawboy Generation 2

Blah blah blah. Spoken from a member of the TItanfall joke programming group. Hey morons, first round, order the players based upon points from top to bottom and alternate them into the next round. Really F>>>>G difficult. I learned this semester one programming in high school and you bunch of idiots can't figure it out? FIRE THE PROGRAMMERS AND GET NEW ONES AS YOU ARE CLUELESS!

FYI: RANKED PLAY IS A JOKE AS WELL!

• Trolling/Spam Trolling/Spam x 1
  13. Achmed is here

Achmed is here Generation 4

tobad you can't pick your team mates sadly :-(
    im not frustrated about it being gen 10 in a lobby with a bunch of low gens, and mostly kids
    but aslong as they know how to play and we win then im satisfied :)

14. lonekawboy

lonekawboy Generation 2

The point of the post isn't about winning or picking your teammates, it is about a poorly written piece of software that can't do the math of a 3rd grader to sort players from one match to another. If you have two players with 19 and 17 pilot kills in the first match and the other team gets slaughtered do you keep those two together in the next match? I've been on both sides of this and neither are fun, you slaughter the other team or you get slaughtered. The moron programmers of this game seem to think that is a great idea and won't spend five minutes to make this change. MORONS.

15. Achmed is here

Achmed is here Generation 4

well my enemy team always get slaughtered ..... by me

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  16. Deeszigns

Deeszigns Generation 4
    Elite Pilot

I'm gen 9 and I suck so what's your point exactly

17. rainman0211

rainman0211 Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Be that as it may @lonekawboy ,,, that leaves you with 2 options #1-play or #2 don't play,

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. rogerwilco71

rogerwilco71 Generation 4

I generally look forward to playing against GEN10 pilots......when you play against their experience, it only stands to reason that you will gain more from them than lower GEN pilots. When I'm killed by one, I always watch the replay and learn from it. Also they have insight or answers to questions, at least in my experience.

• Like Like x 1
  19. phil c

phil c Generation 2

That is how i feel. Watch your death cam - see what leads you to get killed.
    Getting matched against a high-gen team does suck (i also agree it shows the Rainman-like intelligence of programmers. They can do amazing things, but seem unable to do the very basic things. (Menus, matching, tracking - all those things that have been solved in the past that they seem unaware of or unable to copy.)
    I see them walking down the hall on the way to lunch.. Rainmen of the gaming industry, and i think,"Wow, that guy is writing code on his iPhone walking down the hall! .... but why are his shoes untied and his pants on backwards?....... I bet his underwear is in his jacket pocket."

• Like Like x 1
  20. ETERNALT0AST

ETERNALT0AST Generation 3

You know.....I usually never get slaughtered unless I'm in a pub against a TEAM of gen 10's. In fact, a team/party of any gen's will likely slaughter in a pub when not up against another team/party. Best way to counter? Get your own team/party. Communication usually ensures a win, or at the very least, a decent fight ;)

• Like Like x 1