More players if they got rid of Origin?

Discussion in 'Titanfall PC' started by Thraka, Nov 17, 2014.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Thraka

Thraka Generation 1

This has to be one of the best games I've ever played. I love love love it. I'm having a blast losing or winning. But has Respawn shot themselves in the foot (on the PC front) by associating themselves with EA and being forced on to the Respawn platform?

I've gotten 3 people to buy the game since I purchased it. All had heard of the game, one thought it was xbox only, and the other 2 didn't bother to look at it because it wasn't on Steam and was on Origin. They all love the game.

I never installed Origin before this game. I would love to get rid of it. I'm not interested in any other game on Origin, yet I have to have an entirely separate platform, friends list, and launch system for a single game. The advertising power of seeing Titanfall on steam alone would add a ton of players I'm sure.

Cheers!

• Like Like x 3
  2. MTRebman

MTRebman Generation 3

I wish they would quit making games that force you into an online chat program in order to play a game. I dont use origin, it runs idle in the background just so I can play the game. I dont chat on it, I dont track game stats, its the same with steam. I would probably buy more games if this part was disabled.

3. JoshuaX

JoshuaX Generation 1

Hi guys, my virgin post on this forum :)

I think if it were on steam, the (pc)user base would definitely far exceed where it is now, and the game might be a little more popular with pc users,(I think many CS players such as myself would alternate between this 2 games, Titanfall is really one of the better games released in a LONG time!) a lot of whom do not patronize the big o. IMHO, Steam sits better with most because of the price point in which games are sold. Also, because so many games go on sale, you start to not pre-purchase or buy early because you've still got a ton of untouched games around.. That leaves a sense of non urgency as you know by the time you actually get to playing the game, it would probably be on sale under $12 bucks :p

The thing about sales is
    - Main game is dirt cheap on Steam
    - People get to buy ALL the dlc at a packaged cheap price, therefore driving the masses in that direction
    - Once banned Hackers, yes Hackers!!!, can easily purchase the game again, after a while, you realize most of them stop paying for hacks and just wanna play the game, there fore keeping the community alive! (I hate hackers for a myriad of reasons, but if they cannot get access back in after an account has been banned, it affects the community numbers as a whole)

But that being said, Big O also has a ton of plus points that I really dig. I don't think the 2 can really be compared in the sense that the target market is a little different. Like apples and oranges are both Fruit, but in essence different.

On a personal note though, until I stopped playing BF3 recently, unless I was logging in to play TitanFall, I'm mostly on Steam.
    There's just way too much going on over there..Mid week sales, Weekend sales, In game sales, DLC sales, Developer sales,... (All with % so you know exactly how much you're saving off retail) Its like a gaming stock market!!!!

Also, even though I already have Assassins Creed(s) on different platforms, I repurchased the entire set again on Steam, on Sale, for less than half what I would have paid for a single game @ retail. Guilty of buying something I might not play again just to get the "set in order". I'm a HUGE AC fan and having it all before my eyes just Rocks!!(Tx Steam)
    Left the last 2 out because even though they were on sale, it was at 50%, not 75% which makes the games roughly about $5-7 bucks.. Holding out till the next few sales cause I know it'll reach that mark.. By than I might still have 1 uncompleted game in the series so it works out to the players benefit.

The platforms benefits can really make of break a game, but, if the problem really belongs to Origin, than BF would have "suffered the same fate" as TitanFall but BF numbers are still going strong, therefore I think more than anything else, it was bad plublicity/negative press talking about plunging numbers that "killed" it.

I love TitanFall. There are a few games in the league.. Cant wait for 2, till than look for me on the battle field :)

Happy gaming everybody.

4. Bruvas

Bruvas Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Welcome to the forums @JoshuaX

Back when I were a lad, we used mIRC. It didn't matter what game you played, it was in the background 24/7.

5. phil c

phil c Generation 2

I felt the same about Steam when i first encountered it, but it seems ok.
    I too, disable all the overlay, chat etc while in-game.