MVP challenge

Discussion in 'Titanfall 360 & Xbox One' started by jgibs, Jun 20, 2014.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. jgibs

jgibs Generation 2

So does anybody have a game plan for gen9 challenge MVP. I've got 23 out of the 50 all other challenges I've done with no problem,but it seems that I stalled.I can run the room in first place but someone always passes at the end putting me in sec. Any thoughts on how to beat this challenge.

2. UKCowboy74

UKCowboy74 Generation 4

When I Hit Gen 9 I'll go for Hardpoint for the MVP I almost always end up at the top or at least in the Top 3 when Playing Hardpoint just by Using SMG and Stim and Running from one point to another to Capture any other game mode and I don't stand a chance

3. ParaNormanBates

ParaNormanBates Generation 4

In the beginning, it looked like a tough challenge, but it really wasn't. In fact, I hoarded 23 titan burn cards just for this challenge. But even after completing this challenge, I still have 13 Stryders in my deck. I completely ignored about the challenge and concentrated on each Top Gun challenges. And the MVPs kept coming automatically. My advice? Don't play with MVP in your mind, and you'll get it. Just be more aggressive and don't ignore any minions in attrition games. Minion detector is a game changer. Also, LTS is a great place to get them too. I got one with just 2 titan kills even after being dropped in middle of the game. There's also the Death reincarnate challenge and if you add up the Massive Payload burn card on maps like Angel City (LTS), not only will you get at least 10 for that, you'll also get a MVP.

I've completed all the challenges except for the dreaded Railgun which I haven't even bothered to use yet. Because this is probably the last challenge, I kinda felt that I won't a lot more to do so I've started working on my achievements like "All the hardware" (which I thought that each unlocks from different gens will count).

Bottom line, this is pretty much the last gen so have as much fun as you can!

4. KeiSon

KeiSon Generation 4
    Elite Pilot

I done this by playing attrition and going grunt hunting used burn cards to leasing the build time for my titan or started the match in the titan. 80pts usually got me MVP. When playing hardpoint I would drop my Titan in a hardpoint area and place it in guard mode (equipped with guardian chip so it's lasted longer). While it's there it will give me defence points. Then go from point to point taking them over to get assault points. 2000 assault & 500 defence points usually left me with MVP. Thankfully I'm very good at LTS so would play that a lot as well and usually MVP or finish 2nd.

And of course if you have 5 friends on your list who suck at Titanfall just play with them :p

I would just try and forget about tbh your gen9 you done 23 already so your clearly a capable player if you spend the whole match checking the scoreboard it could be causing you to loose focus and become frustrated. That's what happened to me when I started it.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Sloppy2nds

Sloppy2nds Generation 2

Heres a good tip , play Attrition and equip your Titan with the triple threat and spam it to buggery , honestly its super cheap just lob those grenades everywhere and watch your points rack up , im Gen 6 and going for the triple threat challenge got a few MVP,s without trying...

6. SgtPain

SgtPain Generation 4

On this now. I'm finding it more difficult since the DLC/ patch drop. I was nailing it before that. Much more difficult now. I expect to be stuck on this level now for the next few weeks. More of a concern to me is how long it now takes to actually get a match- on Western Europe Servers. Used to just throw me in to a team. Now I'm stuck on my lonesome while it struggles to find team mates and then struggles to find opponents.

7. Sloppy2nds

Sloppy2nds Generation 2

You on XB1 ? Ive not got any problems getting games on those servers..

8. SgtPain

SgtPain Generation 4

9. Sgt_rawk

Sgt_rawk Generation 7

I play in the morning when the kids with no thumbs play, I would get MVP about 6 out of every 10 matches I play...and I have an average negative KD against pilots...I play attrition, I run Stryder with cluster, arc cannon or the auto cannon (what ever its called)...

10. Sloppy2nds

Sloppy2nds Generation 2

I dont usually get many MVP's but since rockin the postpatch Hemlock with starburst im racking em up , seriously its nucking futs...

11. Sgt_rawk

Sgt_rawk Generation 7

Same on Australian servers.

12. BigDaddyHotGue

BigDaddyHotGue Generation 4
    Elite Pilot

10:30 last night and *nobody* seemed to be on Australian server at all. Couldn't even get an Attrition game after 7-10 mins waiting... Jumped over to SE Asia server and dropped straight into match after match. Seems Aussies have kind of abandoned the game for now... Sadly.

13. Sgt_rawk

Sgt_rawk Generation 7

I couldn't get one yesterday morning however this morning it was heaps better...

14. SgtPain

SgtPain Generation 4

I quite agree mate.

I completed the Hemlok challenge on Gen 9 before the patch and I absolutely fecking hated the damned thing.

And so, after completing the challenge went back to use the R101. And for days I couldn't quite figure what was going wrong. It wasn't nearly as effective. I was like WTF!!??

So perplexed I ditched it and went back to the CAR SMG. But it's useless at distance.........

And long story short, I reluctantly went back the Hemlok. I couldn't believe the change. It's amazing now. From hating it pre patch its now my go to weapon of choice. With the starburst it's a single shot kill on a pilot.

Oh and Rawko I play early mornings on a Saturday when all the spotty teenagers are still in bed, and your right mate. You can boss it large and the MVPs a whole lot easier.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Ik0n88x

Ik0n88x Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

I think the most important thing about completing these challenges is not focusing on them and just playing.

16. SgtPain

SgtPain Generation 4

The only ones I think that really force you to be selfish are the sniper challenges; Longbow DMR and the Kraber AP. I couldn't get MVP with a sniper but I'm never bottom.

All the other challenges I've done have forced me to play in a different way, and for that I am a better player.