Titanfall My Full Titanfall 2 Analysis (includes Titanfall vs Titanfall 2)

Discussion in 'Feedback, Issues & Suggestions' started by snoe635, Aug 29, 2016.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. snoe635

snoe635 Generation 1

The first thing I want to state here is that I played Titanfall on the xbox one and played Titanfall 2 on the PS4, in essence two drastically different experiences altogether especially since most players in the PS4 community have never played the original Titanfall.

Seeing that the Titanfall community was initially xbox exclusive, i'll save the 1 vs 2 comparison for last.

What I expected:
    - high mobility pilots
    - awesome mech fights

What I got:
    - GRAPPLING HOOKS! COMPLETE MOBILITY CONTROL
    - LASER BEAM EXECUTIONS HOLY YES!
    - YOU CAN HOVER?!

The rush of Titanfall, of jumping from roofs, wallriding and shooting pilots, grappling into your titan and rodeoing others is something I have never felt from any other game. It is like a drug i cannot get enough of, no matter how many games i play the thrill is always the same. The david vs goliath aspect of pilots vs titans is one of my favorite aspects of gameplay: Regardless of whether you are in a Titan or not, you are always vulnerable, there is no sense of being a god or invincible. Skill is your only true weapon.

I'd like to go over the pros and cons of Titanfall 2 now:

Pros:
    - GRAPPLING HOOKS
    - perfect pilot mobility without being too much
    - titans feel strong and the seamless transition between going from on foot to into your titan is amazing
    - GRAPPLING HOOKS
    - most of the weapons are reliable and balanced
    - the addition of titan batteries really promotes teamwork
    - networks, enough said
    - GRAPPLING HOOKS

Cons:
    - grappling hook refresh time
    - NETWORK PARTIES DO NOT PERSIST BETWEEN MATCHES
    - CAR is very inaccurate
    - Mastiff spread is difficult to work with (horizontal line?)
    - NO SILENCERS

Suggestions:
    - MORE ATTACHMENTS FOR WEAPONS
    - GRAPPLING HOOK IS A PERMANENT TOOL
    - grappling hook refresh time is drastically shortened or removed
    - persistent network parties
    - more titan customization
    - MAKE ELECTRIC SMOKE ALWAYS AN OPTION ON TITANS

Gamemodes:

Bounty hunt:
    pros:
    - variety of waves
    - unique money system
    - focus on minions rather than pilots

cons:
    - DROPZONES, instead of having drop zones have them drop randomly around the map
    - predictable early game flanking
    - neutral faction minions (basically bring back ATTRITION)

Amped Hardpoints:
    pros:
    - Amping mechanic
    cons:
    - amping mechanic (should at least persist for 10 seconds with no teammates present)

Pilot vs. pilot
    Pros:
    - killing pilots
    cons:
    - spawn camping

TITANFALL 1 VS TITANFALL 2

1:
    - ATTRITION!
    - silencers, weapon attachments
    - WEAPON VARIETY FOR TITANS (one titan could use multiple weapons like a pilot)
    - DEFENSIVE OPTIONS FOR TITANS AGAINST RODEOS (electric smoke came standard)
    - OFFENSIVE OPTIONS FOR PILOTS AGAINST TITANS (could rodeo and use weapon to deal damage instead of pulling battery)
    - each team had its own minions
    SMART PISTOL, SMART PISTOL, SMART PISTOL
    - weapon decided look of pilot
    - could command titan to sentry or follow mode
    - TITAN VS TITAN GAMEMODE
    - more advanced rodeo mechanic overall

- mods for weapons and titans
    - BATTERIES
    - GRAPPLING HOOKS!

Suggestions:
    - give defensive options for titans against rodeo
    - more attachments for weapons, SILENCERS
    - bring back smart pistol
    - allow pilots to stay on enemy titans and choose whether to pull batteries or assault titans with weapons
    - bring back sentry and follow commands for titans
    - separate titan option (size, armor) and weapon choice( have a stryder be able to use scorch weapons)

• Like Like x 1
  2. ensc

ensc Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Very thorough and detailed analysis. I especially agree with you from "TITANFALL 1 VS TITANFALL 2" to the bottom. And I most especially agree with you on the smart pistol. Honestly, I think in the release they do have it, but it has been weakened. I believe you are implying to bring it back exactly as it was in Titanfall 1 (not watered down at all), and that is what I would agree with. I have demonstrated with evidence in other threads on here how almost all design decisions were made to appease COD players and how that was a slap in the face to those of use who loved Titanfall 1. Therefore, at a minimum, they should give us the smart pistol back exactly as it was (no watering down) just so we can have something the COD players hate who ruined our game. I've also said before and I will say it again, it could be a money maker for Respawn to offset the loss of revenue all of the horrible design decisions have cost them. Whether you include a weakened smart pistol or no smart pistol in the release, allow someone to pay extra to get the original smart pistol (not watered down at all). If I paid $80 for the Deluxe version of the game, I would gladly pay an extra $20 on top of that just to have the original smart pistol. Heck, I despise so much what COD input has done to the game I love, that I might even be willing to pay an extra $60 or even up to $200 just to pick off the COD lovers who want to sit in their one stationary spot and get kills streaks and think they are actually good. It would totally be worth it.

3. illegalfreq

illegalfreq Generation 1

I think they not appease COD players only, they want to bring in more players and make this game worth for every kind of players. It is hard to say but Titanfall 1 is failed to be popular and not only for skipping the entire Playstation community. It has a gamerbase but it's not so big and lots of players bought this game with a great value Xbox One package in UK and they get it mostly not for Titanfall I'm sure. Anyway EA and Respawn send this game against this years COD and I hope they will win, I'm definitely buy TF2 and have fun with it! :)

4. ensc

ensc Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

I think there are several reasons why Titanfall 1 "failed" as you say. I honestly consider it a huge success, because it is my favorite video game of all time. Now, if you are talking about the user base being low, you are right, but the reason for that has nothing to do with skipping the PS community, because even adding the PS community puts them in their own user pool. They do not add to the PC/XBOX user pool. What really killed the user base of Titanfall 1 was 2 things:

1) Non-existent matchmaking system.
    2) Non-existent policing of cheaters.

So, think about it, you are a new guy who just got the game and you are all excited to try it, but every game you get in you are with other new players sitting across from a pack of Gen 10s. Who the hell is going to want to stay? You can't even take 2 steps without being killed. That's no fun. If people want to sit in a pack of Gen 10's that's fine, but then they should be suffering for it, not everyone else. They should be put in a queue and only added into a game where there is an equal number of Gen 10's on the other side. That way if the rest was new player they could be split, half on 1 side, half on the other and have a nice game. This doesn't prevent the Gen 10's from playing. They could choose to split up and be spread out evenly, but they shouldn't be allowed to sit in a pack and ruin the game for everyone else.

Now, the other thing is, let's say it was for all intents and purposes a fairly evenly matched looking game. However, there is one cheater on the other team who has no respect for the game or others. As a new player, he destroys you, illegitimately of course, but as a new player, you don't necessarily know that, and you feel like a worthless piece of crap.

The poorly matched game and allowing cheaters discourages people from staying before they even get started. That is why the user base is so low. I love the game more than anything and I consider myself one of the best players in the world, but even I don't play sometimes because I get sick of those things.

• Like Like x 1
  5. KernelClamjuice

KernelClamjuice Generation 6
    Elite Pilot

You can't be the best player because I'm the best player! Hehehehe

• Like Like x 1
  6. ensc

ensc Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Oh, yes, I'm sorry Kernel. You are definitely the best player. Sorry about that buddy.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Jimmah

Jimmah Generation 5

I think the problem lies when TF1 went on sale a while ago or there were plenty of used copies floating around! The COD/Destiny crowd jumped on and literally got smashed around the map! I spoke to one of these players he couldn't understand how bad he was doing! He stated he would smash in COD but couldn't hold his own it TF!
    At this time I noticed a lot of threads pop up stating just this ie Why am I so bad! On this forumm too!
    In light of this I believe Respawn has given us this pseudo like COD experience! TF2 honestly feels like a dumbed down version of the original!
    After many years of gaming TF is one of the very few that remains prevelant in my mind!

• Like Like x 1
  8. ensc

ensc Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

You are exactly right my friend. And that is why I keep saying the developers only listened to people who hated the original (their COD buddies) and not the people who actually loved the original game.

• Like Like x 1
  9. ItsJustaGame

ItsJustaGame Generation 2

How do people cheat? I'm not being facetious, just wondering? I know I'm a crappy player, but not that crappy lol . I do agree that cheating turns off a lot of new players because its gives them the feeling of being dejected and frustrated . I tend to play BF4 and TF1 a lot and stay away from COD because I feel the player base on COD are more of the bitter bitch and crybaby mentality. I've only had one bad message in all the time playing BF4/TF1 compared to the bunch I used to get in COD. LOL Its just a game

• Like Like x 1
  10. ensc

ensc Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

OK, first of all, you are now my fave with your description of the COD player base. :) Perfect!

OK, as far as how do people cheat. Unfortunately, there are companies that sell cheater subscriptions. If someone is willing to pay for a subscription, then they can turn on their cheats before getting in the game.

Now, if you are looking for specifics of how they cheat, I will try to explain and give you the tell tale signs of how to know when someone is cheating:
    1) Unnatural speed to Titanfall. You are in a room and they go whizzing across the floor faster than even if they had just chained a couple wallruns together outside. Sometimes they even appear as if they are moving as a Stryder does when using Dash Core. It looks like the pilot is just surfing and their legs aren't moving.
    2) They always know where YOU are. I'm not just saying they always know where everyone is, but specifically you. if you are your team's best player and the cheater knows it, they seek you out, kill you, and then they are right on top of you again when you respawn. Even if you spawn inside of a building where there is know way they could have know, they still knew right where you were. The cheats give them colored rectangles around the players with the players name above it and they can see those recatangles even through multiple walls and buildings.
    3) Wall hack. You turn a corner and they still get you. Or you are on opposite sides of a wall and they just get you.
    4) Aimbot. They can just fire in your general direction and nail you even if you are clear across the map.
    5) Lead feet. If you get close to a cheater, whether you are a pilot or a titan, it feels like your feet are stuck in the mud.
    6) God mode. Sometimes you can unload a whole clip into someone, or nail them with a cluster missile and electric smoke and they just won't die.

I'm sure there are others as well, but those are the main ones and I run into #1 and #2 the most.

I just despise cheaters. They have no respect for the purity of the game we all love or for the other players who want to try really hard to play a legitimate game. Blizzard did an excellent job on Overwatch. I really wish Respawn would use the exact same thing for Titanfall 2. This is how cheaters should be dealt with:
    http://www.pcgamer.com/overwatch-cheaters-are-having-a-hard-time/