My new mobile has arrived!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lobby' started by Bruvas, Feb 18, 2016.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Bruvas

Bruvas Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

I'll start by letting you all know it's a Windows phone, so all you haters can press the back button and ignore this thread :D

Secondly, let me say that I am not a fan boy. Of anything. MS / Apple / Android, xbox / PS, cars or clothes, if it is reliable and hits the spot, I'll get it.

My new phone is the Lumia 950XL, and after a couple of days of use I am absolutely delighted with it. The W10 os has been refined to a good use, and when you learn all its little shortcuts it's amazingly slick and powerful.

The camera is amazing. 20mp with triple LED flash makes for amazing shots. It captures 4k video @ 30dps, or 1080p @ 60fps. When you take a shot with the flash on, you can adjust the photo to choose the depth of the flash if the initial hit is on something too close or far away.

It comes with an iris scanner that allows you to unlock the phone by looking at it.... And it works! Sunlight or a dark room, after initial set up, it's amazingly accurate.

Windows phone gets a bad rap for few apps, and it's true - it has far fewer than Apple or Android. This doesn't bother me, as I don't need 10 versions of a talking cat. It has Facebook, Instagram, twitter, whatsap, YouTube etc. Some of the third party apps for these are great. I use touchtube for YouTube which gets rid of all the adverts for instance. WP still does not have snapchat though which may bother some.

The specs are meaty : 2.0ghz, 8 core processor, 3gb ram with 32gb on board, upgradeable to 2TB (when they invent a sd card that big!).
    The screen is amazing - 5.7" 2560x1440 resolution at 514ppi.

I'm planning to get the Continuum dock, so I'll bore the crap out you all when I do! It basically turns the phone into a Windows 10 pc. Braw!

2. ThirdGuyver

ThirdGuyver Generation 6
    Elite Pilot

Awesome, it looks a really nice phone, quite impressed with the missus' windows phone tbh, although I stuck with android cos of a black Friday (Nexus 6) special....

Too right with the BS fluff of the app stores though!

3. A4eaTransformer

A4eaTransformer Generation 6
    Elite Pilot

CONGRATS Bruv. This makes me feel pretty silly sticking with the I-phone. In my defense, I have a 4S which is now four years old and I plan to keep it until it is The Talking Dead. I am so pissed at all the phone companies, I am seriously thinking about going back to a $25 throw away. But, when the time comes to move on, I will probably stick with the iphone. It is so darn convenient. There are some advantages to letting the mother ship control all the software and tinkering.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Bruvas

Bruvas Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Great phone as well. I wasn't going to update as the 1520 I had was still holding a 2 day charge after 2 years and never flinched once in that time, but the drooling appeal of the 950XL was a bit too much for me to resist :D

• Like Like x 1
  5. WhoIsDo

WhoIsDo Generation 7
    Administrator

Definitely a beastly phone!

• Like Like x 1
  6. rainman0211

rainman0211 Generation 7
    Elite Pilot