My tuppence on the pre-alphaa

Discussion in 'Titanfall 2 News & Discussion' started by Bruvas, Aug 21, 2016.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Bruvas

Bruvas Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

No pitchforks here guys.

I can't imagine the position Respwan were in when sitting at the table trying to figure out what to do for the sequel to Titanfall. What they had in Titanfall 1 was (imo) one of the most imaginative and fresh fps games in years that sold very well, but had a massive player drop.

What do you do to counter this happening in the next game? Single player was called for from the roof tops - so they've obliged, but it was the multiplayer that lost the general public, so that had to change too.

Games have to change. I'm trying to imagine these forums if they had left it identical to T1 with new maps and a grapple hook. There would be an outcry then for sure.

Sure there are elements of the pre-alpha that I'm not as keen on, being that I loved the first. Rodeo, titan shields, titan earning and their load outs are not as good in my opinion, but you know what? I've not had the clusterf**k of nuke titans spamming me on drop.

The customisation of the titans are there in part, but remember that there are 4 other titans that we've not played with yet. This could tick the box.

Respawn have done a hell of a job in trying to move the game forward to try and make it stick with the masses. Let's not beat them round the head on the merit of 2 maps, 2 titans and 3 game modes set in a pre-alpha game state.

Do I prefer Titanfall 1? Of course I do! I'm a Titanfall die hard pilot that stopped playing with friends when they stopped playing the game! And I'm giving this new game my full support off the back of this. They'll do good, trust me.

As I said in a different thread - my pre-order stands, and my excitement remains.

See you on the frontier pilots.

• Like Like x 4
  2. ThirdGuyver

ThirdGuyver Generation 6
    Elite Pilot

Well said dude, wow theres some negativity on the forum at the mo, got sketchy mobile signal on holiday - the forums feel like a different place!!

I havent played the tech test, but its certainly divided opinion, caused arguments and got backs up. Some dont like change I guess, but it is Titanfall 2, and cant be a copy of number one. And its pre-alpha as bruvas said.. just watched @My Hero Iz Me 's montage and it looks pretty much titanfall to me. Maybe some of the pop up icons do look a little cod if you want to nitpick, but Respawn are doing what they feel is right for the sequel, and looks awesome at this stage.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Trini Chinese

Trini Chinese Generation 7

Agreed ,that the game does not have to be identical to the first , but similar in it's concept and direction of the first as there was nothing like it on the market compared to the current shooters at the time ( No need to reinvent the wheel ), for me the simple concept was what i admired the most and like about the game and it worked for even the little it had it worked.
    i also have faith in respawn and am excited for the single player story as it is a first of it;s kind and something new in a future concept story line . they have made some of the best story's to date in a video game .

The new Titans that have not been shown as of yet i do believe that they can balance the game play or and even give a differen experience.and still so much unknown which i am curious to see how they play.

games do change in time as they get better from lessons learn they learn what works and attempt to fix or improved on it. but not so much as to lose of be so far from the first in story and core concept of what the first started off to be .

if Titanfall 1 was to have new maps with new weapons and important new attachments even new Titan model's i would still keep playing the fist. and with just those simple thing to be added in my opinion i would be very satisfied with just that.

With this said ,I here still hoping that the second have what i liked from the first and still support respawn with there efforts and will give them my thoughts the good and the bad as it would not do them any good if we stay quiet when we dislike something the same way we give them high praise the same we give them when we dislike some thing .

From what i have been reading on the official site the masses have almost the same or common toughs that the tech test was not what they expected coming from what they enjoyed that being said the full game may have all the modes and more that may surprise us but that is on faith and hope . But this is still a very valid concern. and this is due to the time launch . but then again we don't know what will happen . hence the good faith.

The thing is many just wanted more content they did not even considered a sequel just new DLC to keep things fresh would have suffice at the time . giving respawn the time to develop the campaign we all dreamed off.

As it stand's also I still have my pre order and still plan to get and play the game and i am still excited that really has not change what did happen was my expectation have dropped . Hence i am disappointed. and does not mean i do not support the game.

what is my main issue with the game ? That the maps are very very empty the player cap at 8 is low compared to the type of game Titan fall is and the size of maps that are needed for Titans to flow well , but this is still an alpha as many have said . a 12 vs 12 I would prefer. and to keep the same AI battlefield /war-zone dynamic fee in the game like how they did in the first .

ps was watching the B roll Trailer over and from looking at it closer it apears to and here hopping a mode fill with titans i hope this is a different mode from what we all have experience so far.

• Like Like x 1
  4. rainman0211

rainman0211 Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

#4 rainman0211, Aug 21, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2016
    Okay, I'm still on the bandwagon for the time.o_O There are 67 days until October 28, 2016. Which means that I have at 60 days before deciding to hop onto another bandwagon. That would be (for my taste and style of game) BF1 and I'm told the beta for it will be out soon (October 31st) and we'll see how that goes. Now please don't get me wrong I am a die hard Titanfall fan (love the game) and I truly want be able to at least like TF2 but at this point I just don't. I had imagined playing my favorite and update game that this time also included a real single player campaign. That is what I was paying for. Playing alone in the single player and with friends in the multi-player. That to me was/is worth my $67.00. But if I can't enjoy the multi-player And because RESPAWN had done such a good job on the first I'm still behind them because I believe in them. But hell, I've been married a couple of time so I'm no stranger to making bad choices and I'm just hoping that this (TF2) will not be another... bad choice that is.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Ik0n88x

Ik0n88x Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

I don't get all the hate...

I'm loving the game. Titans do have shields, pick up a battery! Gameplay is still just as fast, fluid and chaotic. I think people just need to get used to the new mechanics. Then again, this happens with every single sequel to any game.. ever. You have one group of people that were calling for all of this stuff to be changed but then get mad when the game isn't the exact same thing as the first. You have this other group of people who are just so afraid of change and want to play the same thing over and over.

I'm glad it's not Titanfall 1 re-skinned. There are a few minor complaints that I would have but nothing that would even get me to consider not purchasing this game. We all have to remember that this is a tech test with very limited options as opposed to what's gonna be in the full game.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Ninjajedaii

Ninjajedaii Generation 4
    Elite Pilot

But I like my pitchfork..
    All BS aside, I'm playing TF1 tonight and the MP Test for shits and giggles but more giggles more than likely cause I don't give shits lol I'll see whoever is on, and if anything, add me!!

XBL -Ninjajedaii

Let's do what this game was meant to be used for! Have some fun!

• Like Like x 1
    • Trolling/Spam Trolling/Spam x 1
  7. Trini Chinese

it's not hate as Hate is a very strong word, but i am disappointed of the impression of the tech test gave . now the main thing is no one wanted a re skinned game per say but a lot of the same with a bit of new.it's a sequel and yes major changes do happen but keep in mind from over the years and even of late many post and comments here and on other sites gamers were saying there wanted more they did not want things to be removed but like i say who knows the full game may have all what we wanted and then some. i am hopping.
    most of the complaint or similar comments on the official site are about the same thing with in reason the positive and the negative there are comments that are expressed with a bit of anger and frustration and some with reason and sense and from what i read a lot of them has shown some very reasonable and smart commonsense points on there view.
    and you have to take into account that some people would rather put there money towards something that they think would be worth there time for the one basic thing that a game is invented for entertainment .
    and this is the thing doe all the so called negative comments are the positive things that made the first game great . gamers are saying why make the second game so different when all they really wanted was new content not a different style of game they wanted a story they wanted new attachments as the first had very little , they wanted new maps all games want this to have a bit of variety within reason.
    i don't think it's HATE just Disappointment .

8. Sgt_rawk

Sgt_rawk Generation 7

I'm with you here @Ik0n88x. I am really enjoying it. I'll admit I have mixed feelings playing the game but with familiarity...

Note, I literally only played a few hours as I was away all weekend. It feels a little "heavier" in terms of the play, it's insane fluidity has been moderated, I used mainly the R201 and found a few inconsistencies, mainly I would just destroy some guys and then put an entire clip into others and they'd run away o_O. I could put this down to connection, my shot being a little off and not being used to the damage drop off.

I've just been on the main forum. The arguments against are the age old arguments one hears about any sequel or reiteration of a game. It has a "call of duty" vibe about it which is troubling. Not to marginalise the concerns raised, most are well thought out and the arguments make a much sense. It is the sense of ownership that many feel which becomes an issue. I commented on a post made by a so called 'hardcore' player, a guy who had clocked my hundreds of hours who used the old chestnut that the game was designed for the other 99% of players who aren't 'hardcore' The response to that argument should always be "duh". The game is designed for all of us. However most of us aren't so narcissistic to believe that the game was designed for "ME". :p

Having said that I don't discount that people feel much about TF1, (I rate it as my most favourite FPS. It has provided me with a great deal of joy) so responses of anger are to be expected, and yeah some people may not move to the new reiteration but many more may discover the joy of the fundamentals of this game...and the fundamentals remain in my opinion.

Addendum. Amped weapons are OP and I want the old R101 back. I was better with it. o_O

• Like Like x 1
  9. Trini Chinese

same here , was about to do the same thing i just played a bit of the test on the ps4 but the movement stick in game when trying to run has this wired jerk and wobble as i have to move it gently to run .

10. Trini Chinese

I my self would like to see the R101c back in the game with a burst fire feature. just for a bit of variety .
    i could understand why some gamers think the game feels similar to COD and understand there frustration heck if COD took all that made titanfall 1 great and made a campaign and a similar multiplayer with AI and a larger player count i will get the game .

• Like Like x 1
  11. Sgt_rawk

Sgt_rawk Generation 7

I actually mean't the "hate" vibe was like call of duty, not the actual game. :)

• Like Like x 1
  12. Trini Chinese

OHHH i get it . i would agree with you some comments on the official site are a jump on the bandwagon negative without any real substance to as WHY , this is to be expected and is a reason i myself tend to go into a bit of detail when given the chance depending on the mood.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Trini Chinese

Below are some comments that i have read on there view on the game and wile i don't agree on all of them i understand there concerns and there view even agree . NOTE THE COMMENT BELOW ARE NOT MINE BUT I COULD RELATE AND AGREE .

I don't want you to think I'm some casual fps player who gave your first title a shot back in 2014 and left after a month of play for the next big release. Understand that I am a fan of Titanfall, a big fan.

Your game literally sold the xbox one for me, at a time where the demanded price for the console was ridiculous considering its extreme lack of titles. However it had one title that caught my eye, a game I didn't know I needed until I saw it that first E3. The promise of a multiplayer title that aimed to deliver a cohesive infantry based ground war with the excitement of the long forgotten mech genre. A task that was handled quite well.

Your game launched with a tremendous amount of hype, and like most similar games these days had an awful launch. Even through this I endured. I played the same campaign mission 3,4,5, even 6 times in some cases in an attempt to complete the game without a server disconnect. Within a week of launch I earned my "Early Adopter" challenge. I was hooked from the first game I played.

I don't want to say Titanfall was perfect, because I've never played a game that came close, but even with flaws your game didn't fail where it was important. The gameplay of the original Titanfall to this day is still my favorite FPS of all time even taking the spot from my previous favorite at the time Halo3, which I consider an outstanding achievement.

I play many games, so like others I leave form time to time to play something new, but unlike many others I always came back to Titanfall. I was there for the excitement of the expedition map pack. Quite pleased with my purchase I went on to buy the season pass, confident in your companies expansion of the series. I was there before we had many of the great modes we have today. I was there before the black market. I was there for the hype surge of EA access. I was there when the official Titanfall 2 teaser brought so many people back. I was there when the daily peak player average was under 5000. I was there in marked for death pro, playing for hours with the same 50 people worldwide. I was there from launch because of how incredible Titanfall was, which is why what I'm about to express is difficult to put out to you.

As information about Titanfall 2 started coming I became concerned about the direction. The inclusion of a single player campaign was good, but I didn't like the focus of story being taken away from the multiplayer maps. I enjoyed seeing new interesting Titan options, but hated the transition into a weird class based setup. I saw the grappling hook as an amazing mobility tool that fit right into the original core game of movement based combat, but was disappointed when seeing the massive empty maps displayed.

I took all these concerns and decided to reserve opinions until I could get some playtime, that seemed more than fair. I received an early code to play and was rightfully excited for my opportunity to jump right in. After an hour of playing I was both angry and quite disappointed with my experience. Below I'm going to detail some of my concerns and frustrations in no particular order of importance.

This is the point where we get into my opinions so my emotions are liable to bleed into my writing, and we may experience a tone shift from the more professional tone.
    • Titans

In the original game Titans were a force multiplier. An enemy titan was a clear indicator that **** had just shifted drastically. You had to approach them entirely different than any infantry scenario, and it made them feel different. More importantly Titans were an extension of yourself as a pilot. You didn't decide if you were going to take ol' Scorch or Ion out for a spin, no your titan was individual. You picked your chassis, your ordinance, your weapon. You tailored your titans to you. Titanfall 2 titans feel cheap and boring. like un-interesting characters you know nothing about, but attempt to be unique without context.

Rodeo was the name of the game for many a brave pilots as they abandon the trusty heavy Anti Titan ordinance weapon to instead rip open the shell of their opponents mech and attempted to dump mags of anti pilot ammunition into the inner workings of the titan. This was an incredibly fun and rewarding alternative to fighting head on with your AT weapons and gave pilots a viable form of attack other than having to perfectly duck suppressive fire from an enemy that in many cases could one shot them.

Now however rodeos are non existent. You hop on, remove the shield battery, and every subsequent rodeo afterwards is the same boring animation of hoping on and dropping an endless supply of frags into the hole. How **** boring is that? There's no real risk you get a short animation with un controlled damage output that never changes. Forget dropping a slammer heavy spitfire into the system and praying you doom them before they hop out to engage, have a friendly shoot you off, or even employ their desire ordinance to shake you.

And the whole battery play with the shield mechanic just causes the titans to appear weak and brittle which means they fall very quickly, leaving you waiting another 3 minutes before you see anyone else drop one in.

The titans feel like they take a back seat to the pilots and that's just boring as ****. You're not scared to even see a titan now, it's just insane how little of a presence they have.

• Spawns

I was shocked at times I wasn't playing a Call of Duty title. The spawns in this game are **** insane. You find yourself spawning in a bubble that seemingly just gets pushed further and further back, as the dominant killing team just moves closer and closer. There are often times where half of the entire map sits barren and completely un occupied as one team progressively pushes the enemy spawn into the last possible corner before it finally flips. What the **** made anyone consider using a system like this, its entirely game breaking as it creates a snowball effect that's inescapable unless you actively flee to the opposite end of the map and attempt to reset the previous side "A" side "B" spawns.

There were even times where I noticed one team spawning in the middle of the opposite team, with half on one side, and half on the other, with still over half the map uninhabited.

• Kill Times

Holy **** people die fast in this game. Weapons seem to spit out their entire mag in under 3 seconds, and everyone dies in about 1 to 2, so you end up in engagements where you should be able to effectively 1v2,3, or 4 but end up dying while reloading despite utilizing the core mobility mechanics that created such an amazing skill gap in the previous titles, because some **** held his goddamn trigger for 3 seconds and sprayed every corner of his screen.

Unless you're using the spitfire (which is still complete **** for some reason) You basically 3 shot everyone that isn't at least a maps length away from you. which makes me want to address the Carbine real quick.

• R-201 Carbine

What the absolute **** is wrong with you, Respawn? Granted the default rifle was also a bit too good for a default weapon in the previous title, at least it found itself tied for effectiveness with many others in certain categories. Titanfall 2 carbine though? First and last **** gun you will ever need. It does it all.

Insane damage output- check
      Superior range with no damage fall out-check
      Unparalleled stability at all ranges- check
      Unforgivable forgiveness due to hitscan latency issues-check
      Insane damage output-checkcheck
      Crazy high rate of fire and reload times-checkcheck
      Your one stop guaranteed to drop every **** within a map and a half away rifle-checkcheckcheckitycheck

• Pilot Models

Now how do I know if someone's got the crazy R-201,000? Check the pilot model.(Don't kid yourself everyone's using that **** thing) Seriously pilot models made way too much sense in the original title. Your primary weapon determined your model, and helped you decide who was your biggest threat. Now everyones a spectre and I don't need to see red spectre to know he's got stim when he's **** flying across the map. What about the spectre using the grapping hook? Any chance he's using a mastiff? If he's anywhere but right in your face 9 times out of 8 he's got a R-201.

• weapon range

I don't even know what else I could say here...

• Bounty Hunt

The spiritual successor to attrition. Aside from the weird money in the bank/kill confirmed system, the strange boss AI setup, and the pointless DZ spawn zones that encourage demand mindless camping, I don't have much to say about this mode. (seriously though what was wrong with AI spawning near pilots, seemed like brilliant system to me)

• Sidearm or AT Weapon

Okay this one really **** me off. In a game with time to kill higher than the standard reload of any weapon, and the looming possibility of someone dropping a giant robot from the sky. Why do you have to choose between having a tool for one of these two scenarios. Everyone in the game can have a titan by default, why can we suddenly not afford both a pistol and a AT weapon?

• Grenades

Frags seem entirely impractical as it takes longer to kill after employment than a tick with one leg, unless you bake it which just leads to you losing your face because everyone in the game has a potential 2 second kill on you from any range.

Arcs have been degraded from their former OP glory to a less than useful stun grenade

Smoke grenades create a plume of electric dust that says don't come here because an enemy is nearby. The only kills you'll get with it are accidental at best.

Gravity star probably the most useful only because **** with tunnel vision surgically implanted in their eyeballs. wander along the most generic path right into the dead giveaway blue orb that does so little damage that it's literally just a CC that holds you target in place so he has a more stabile platform to shoot his carbine from.

Also unlimited grenades on a cooldown bar? ****?

• Maps

I don't want to say a lot here because I've only seen a fraction of the maps that will release. (I hope) My main gripe is the same as everyone else. The maps are massive open environments that make no sense for the mobility and gameplay mechanics the series is derivative of. I can't wall run on a **** empty valley.

• Lost identity

Titanfall 2 feels like a game that got too drunk at E3, fell down the hotel stairs, and hit it's head so hard it forgot that it wasn't a Call of Duty title. It feels like it's trying to appeal to a community that doesn't care about it anyway, by disregarding those who do. Titanfall 2 feels more like Call of Duty than the last 2 Call of Duty games released, and that's horrifying.

In closing Titanfall 2 is a fun game, but it's not a Titanfall game, and unless major changes are made, I'm afraid I won't be returning to the frontier for an 11th generation.

14. Sgt_rawk

Sgt_rawk Generation 7

Yeah, I read this myself, a bit TL;DR here. He ruined what was largely not a badly thought out piece by his choice of language throughout...and the last line smacks of self importance. My response to this would be. Do you know how many people missed you on launch? No one. Mean and passive aggressive of me to say but sadly for this guy, he is not a 'unique snowflake' to quote a movie line.

15. Trini Chinese

Below are some comments that i have read on there view on the game and wile i don't agree on all of them i understand there concerns and there view even agree . NOTE THE COMMENT BELOW ARE NOT MINE BUT I COULD RELATE AND AGREE .

Part 1: Intro

This is a rather long post that I'd like to address to Respawn, and I hope that you don't take my criticisms too personally but just consider them as well as my compliments.

Part 2: Impressions

I'll admit, my first impression of the game from the gamescom stream was definitely less than stellar. However, after watching some streams, I changed my mind. New abilities look great, bounty hunt looked awesome too!

Today, I went to a friend's house (I don't have a console) and I got to try it for myself. My new feeling is that; It's awful. And I don't mean this in a mean or rude way, the game Respawn has made is a very solid and fun shooter. The problem is that it's almost nothing like titanfall, and more like black ops 3 in a titanfall setting. Titans are less of a game mechanic and more of an environmental gimmick to remind you that you're not playing COD. If you're not in bounty hunt, a Titan is a rare sight, like behemoths in BF1 except they're given as killstreaks and not as a balancing tool. The issue here is not how long it takes to get a Titan, but how you go about getting one. This also ties in to my thoughts about the grunts and the replacement of attrition.

Part 3: Grunts, Attrition, and the like.

Titanfall 2 has a complete lack of and is totally devoid of life. What I loved most about attrition, grunts, and titanfall's game modes in general was the feeling of a Battlefield that it had. Even though it was only 6v6, it felt like a real war. The grunts, dropships, and spectres dropping in and fighting gave me the feeling that there was something much bigger than just the pilots.

The ambient dialogue from the grunts was very immersive (all 35gb of it) and also told us a ton of what we know from the lore.

It was really cool hopping through a window and seeing a grunt mourning his buddy or dragging him our of the lime of fire. Or occasionally, you could break up a fight between a friendly grunt and enemy spectre.

In titanfall 2, all of that is gone. Grunts and spectres now have set numbers per wave ala frontier defense. There's no chance to experience a random encounter, the feel of war is lost etc. They spawn in set numbers, get picked off, and then a little later the next wave begins, whereas in tfall1 there was a steady stream of combatants.

In attrition I played to win, or more accurately, to have fun. Another thing I loved about attrition is that any player with nearly any skill level could contribute to the team without having to go Uber try hard enhanced smart pistol. Attrition was an easy to pick up, fun for all ages game mode. When I first started playing titanfall in the second to last week of March 2 years ago, I had fun and contributed to my team even though I was terrible. Killing grunts and spectres was just as valuable if not more valuable then pvp, and any player could do it. Not only that, but it kept camping from being a more viable playstyles then running. If you camped, the enemy was free to farm grunts. In titanfall 2, camping is not only viable but is currently the only way to play. If you try to wallrun or do any sort of parkour you'll just get sniped or shot thanks to the new TTK. The lack of grunts and spectres and their worthlessness in terms of score removes this "fun for all ages" aspect. Drew McCoy said something recently along the lines of Bounty Hunt being Attrition 2.0, and I can't disagree more. It feels the other way around.

Part 3.5: Grunts and Earning Titans

Witnessing a titanfall in titanfall 2 is almost a rarity, and not because of easily tweaked meter values. Titans no longer being on a timer, and the lack of grunts/spectres is a huge mistake. Another feature that contributed to titanfall's fun for all ages was that everyone would get a Titan eventually. Not a good PvP player, but an awesome Titan pilot? Don't worry, wait a bit or farm some grunts and you'll get your Titan. That's totally gone as well. Upping the grunt counts in Bounty Hunt might help a bit, but in other game modes where grunts have been removed? This also kept the game balanced, as one team would never be completely stomping the other with Titans.

With the new system, the opposite is true. The only matches where someone will have a Titan is one where the skill gap is so large between teams that one team will never get Titans while the other team does. I thought at first that the Titan meter going down when your performance goes down was a joke, because it's such a big "**** you" to anyone who enjoyed the original game.

Part 3.75: The removal of attrition

Adding on to what I said before about bounty hunt replacing attrition, I think this was a terrible idea. It's an astonishing mystery to me why you decided to replace it. Even 2 years later, when every other game mode is totally dead, attrition has a solid and consistent minimum of 200 players playing AT ANY TIME OF DAY!!! I can play literally all day. I sometimes stay up to 6 am playing attrition just because I can.

Part 4: Map Design

After spending some time playing on and exploring the maps, I'm very disappointed by the map design. I'm totally bewildered by how, after the abomination known as Fracture, and Respawn's following track record of making nothing but amazing maps after, that the first featured maps include not one, but two maps that suffer from the same problems. I hope that the other titanfall 2 maps do not follow in the same vein. That's all I can really say for now.

Part 5: Titan Combat and Rodeos

Unfortunately, due to the aforementioned issues with earning Titans I can't say too much. I rarely got Titans in hardpoint and when I did, it's because I was crushing the other team so hard that they didn't have a chance at getting one.

From what I did get to see, there is a huge lack of depth in Titan Combat. The lack of regenerating shields means that even in the hands of pro players, Titans are a little more than disposable. Titan fights have been dumbed down to being nothing more than whoever can land hits first. And I know I'm not the only one, all I see browsing the internet are complaints about Titans not even lasting 45 seconds.

And even then, thanks to the new core abilities, even if you win a Titan standoff with half your health remaining, a flame core or laser core can you from half health to doomed in a matter of seconds. Even worse, being doomed no longer prevents you from using your core ability.

For the new rodeo system, I absolutely love it. It promotes teamplay but at the same time doesn't really punish you for using the battery yourself. My only complaint is that shields aren't actually shields, but just an extra temporary health bar.

I also love the new Titan loadouts. I think that design and balance wise, it's a great decision, and so far, with the exception of the core abilities, it seems to playing out very well.

Part 6: Abilities

I don't really have much to say about the abilities, because I love them. I think every one of them is great and/or a great improvement on the original. Stim is no longer a requirement, but in the right hands more capable. The grapple is a cool tool that can be detrimental if used wrong but amazing if used right. Et cetera. All in all, good **** job Respawn!

Part 7: Factions

Okay, this part is sort of a rant. Switching the new factions with the IMC and Militia is a terrible idea. I can't even fathom the idea of someone at Respawn saying "Ok, our fans loved the lore of the two factions and want more. Let's create a singleplayer campaign that does just that, and then ditch them in the main game." The feeling of two warring factions is totally gone and everyone looks the same. All I can say is, what the ****? Why?!

Ok, rant over.

Part 8: Conclusion

I might add more to this but for now, that's all for now. All in all, while you (Respawn) took a few of the game's aspects and features a step or two forward, the rest fell 4 steps behind. As it stands now, it's very hard to be excited for this game. I've gone from bugging Vince (sorry!) for info on the pc collectors edition because I wanted it so badly, to not even wanting to pre order at all. I still have faith in you guys and the game, but I'll have to see it to believe it at this point. In conclusion, titanfall in its current state takes one step forward and 3 steps back, although I still have faith that it can be turned around on to the right path.

16. Trini Chinese

yes i do agree with you this is to be expected but i take some comments with a grain of salt at times but the idea of this is to show others that many have different views and comments and mean the same just being said in there own way.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Trini Chinese

Below are some comments that i have read on there view on the game and wile i don't agree on all of them i understand there concerns and there view even agree . NOTE THE COMMENT BELOW ARE NOT MINE BUT I COULD RELATE AND AGREE

You took everything Titanfall 1 did right, and threw it away and slapped us old fans in the face. That's how I and many others feel. Let me start with the negatives.

You got rid of burn cards.

You got rid of your radar and replaced it with Destiny's.

You took away all of the speed and freedom Pilots had.

You took away the clear UI.

You took away the gritty war vibe the game had.

You took away passive wall cling.

You added perks like in COD. (This game shoukd NOT be COD)

You took away the ability to have a side arm AND a Anti-Titan weapon.

You took away Titans shields.

You took away Titans dashes.

You made Titans a score streak like in COD.

You made Titans to WEAK.

You give me no reason to want to use my Titan.

You took away the Titan Timer so EVERYONE of EVERY skill level could experience the amazing feeling of being in a Titan.

You took away AI.

You enabled spawn trapping. (That's what the AI stopped. You even said so.)

And now let's see what you added.

You added New guns.

You added awesome new abilities.

Please Respawn I BEG you! Listen to us! Because I am not pre ordering this game while it's like this.

I'm not whining. I'm giving them the reasons why I don't like what they did and then gave them things I liked about what they did. That is constructive criticism even if I had more negatives than positives. The reason Titanfall 1 died was because of the lack of content. Other than that it was a perfect solution for them. The point of a second game is to take all the success of the first game and expand on that while improving what made the game weak. The lack on content was the games weakness and they know that but instead they took out everything about the game people loved

• Like Like x 1
  18. Trini Chinese

Below are some comments that i have read on there view on the game and wile i don't agree on all of them i understand there concerns and there view even agree . NOTE THE COMMENT BELOW ARE NOT MINE BUT I COULD RELATE AND AGREE.

I haven't waited for a game with as much anticipation as the second installment of Titanfall. I stayed up late to be able to download the beta and play it as soon as I could. After a few hours of playing the open beta my heart has honestly sunk. I want nothing more than to blindly love this game, but after playing the beta I feel that Respawn actually had no idea what made Titanfall 1 so great, they got rid of everything that made it stand apart. So much is missing that I honestly don't know where to start. This beta feels so much like Black Ops 3 that I'm shocked. If I wanted a CoD game I'd play Cod. Why mess with the physics and mechanics at all, Titanfall was the gold standard of first person shooters in my opinion. All we needed were new maps, gun/player customization and maybe a single player mode. And yet you said "we had a great game that people loved, I know what we should do, make a worse version of it". I was going to buy the $250 Vanguard Collector's Edition but now I'm afraid I wont even buy the regular game when it comes out. What a sad day for everyone.

• Like Like x 1
  19. BillyRueben

BillyRueben Generation 2

100% do not understand what all the fuss is about. I thought the tech test was great (aside from how annoying it was to play with my friends). Most of the changes they made I like, and I really like how the new titans feel. Granted, I did like in the original how the titans felt a lot more mobile, but I love how they really feel different this time around.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Sgt_rawk

Sgt_rawk Generation 7

agreed :)

• Like Like x 1