My tuppence on the pre-alphaa

Discussion in 'Titanfall 2 News & Discussion' started by Bruvas, Aug 21, 2016.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Trini Chinese

Trini Chinese Generation 7

Below are some comments that i have read on there view on the game and wile i don't agree on all of them i understand there concerns and there view even agree . NOTE THE COMMENT BELOW ARE NOT MINE BUT I COULD RELATE AND AGREE.

Titanfall was special because of so many things but primarily (in my opinion) it was the mobility and verticality. Being fast and agile was at the core of the gameplay satisfaction, bounding between walls and linking kills with mobility. The AI opponents play into the feeling of power the Pilots have and their removal is a real shame, it makes the maps feel empty and quiet. movement is so sluggish and the maps are poorly designed to meet the movement mechanics. They feel cramped and yet somehow empty, devoid of opportunities to wallrun and outflank opponents, with no verticality or layering to the maps at all, just basic buildings and open ground.

The Titans are still here but they're empty inside. The customisation of TF1 allowed you to build a titan to suit your style and the simplicity of the three chassis really encouraged counter play and tactics. The body shields were also an important part of titan combat and removing them has eliminated the tactical layer of ducking in and out of cover to outplay opponents. Titan loadouts are now rigid and predictable and it will be hard to find one that really suits you because there will always be things you want to change. earning a Titan takes a while now without the countdown feature and you only get the Titan off player kills so gone are the times when you could stealthily eliminate AI opponents to speed up a Titanfall and try to even the odds against a superior team.

I hate what rodeo has become, there is literally no point in risking your Pilot's safety to scratch a tiny piece of health off a Titan, why bother? there is no reward for sneaking up on the enemy and getting the drop on them. To that effect: where the **** are the suppressors? I always used them and now I can't.

What on earth did they do to the mini-map?! it's tiny and useless for navigation and even spotting enemies is confusing. The original was far superior and needed no changes (much the entire game!).

I never thought they'd do this to such a master-crafted FPS game. Seriously, Titanfall breathed new life into modern AAA FPS and it stood apart from all the other generic franchises... and yet now it just wants to dilute itself and blend in.

I'm glad we still have the PC original, because that is where I'll stay.

• Like Like x 1
  2. KernelClamjuice

KernelClamjuice Generation 6
    Elite Pilot

I'm staying with the original on XBone as well.

It's simply more fun......

• Like Like x 2
  3. Trini Chinese

yes the tech test was great and i also have my sheer of game time on there. but like you said most of the changes you like not all ,
    the titans do feel good for what it is and it is a bit different .
    but look at the differen comments i posted form 4 or 5 different people random and look at the common denominator of what they are saying.
    most of the fuss is about that they removed good things that made the first, They are saying that for an Alpha they are concern that the game in out in 2 months and the tech test like you put it may be how the game is presented , mobility is lost compared to the first. the game wile being named Titanfall 2 feels similar to an over used franchise in the same category COD , they played and enjoyed the first one so much as it is different to other shooters on the market and just wanted more content , they were and have been excited for a second with the simple expectation that the devs were going to add not remove , and if they did remove not the things that made the game different and good. so on and so on .there is more .

• Like Like x 1
  4. KernelClamjuice

KernelClamjuice Generation 6
    Elite Pilot

Right on..

5. Trini Chinese

i understand , but still keep in consideration for the helmet lol and the campaign mode in my opinion keep your preorder the game still have it's plus side but still keep your view on what makes the first game special to many alike and if it is that respawn don;t understand maybe another franchise will do better , different views makes for better product as it keeps us going forward they may have took away your dreams but never you choice and view.
    i will keep my preorder and will keep an open mind that they will do good by what people are saying. or i hope so lol.

• Like Like x 1