My Welcome home from the hospital surprise...

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lobby' started by rainman0211, Aug 20, 2015.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. rainman0211

rainman0211 Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

You all I'm sure know just how unrelaxing a hospital stay can be so I was looking foward to getting back home and into my favorite chair to play my favorite game as the wife explains the surprise. You see while spending some time at the fabulous Baltimore Veterans Administration Medical Center, the wife saved us a very nice chunk of change by switching our cable/internet service provider. So as she is explaining all the bells and whistles I'm popping Titanfall into the console eager to get my Titanfall fix taken care of but at the same time wondering whats taking so long to connect to the server. So I press the X button to get the server list (US east is what I use) and the list is just scrolling by itself... and won't stop. WTF!!! Direct Tv is what we have now which I must admit is pretty cool. Got the NFL package (Are you ready for some football):D... this Direct TV package comes with as the pamphlet says Quality internet service from HughesNet that is just not quality enough to find a server to play TF or any other multiplayer. Now for tonight I'm. Gonna swallow my pain pills, smoke my glaucoma medication, drink a can of beer and take my azz to sleep because I am sad.:(

2. Bruvas

Bruvas Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Boo lad. Can't offer any help from this side of the pond, but maybe calling them and seeing if they can ramp up the speed may help? Otherwise the Frontier may mourn the loss of one of their finest.

3. ClaSSyyPilot

ClaSSyyPilot Generation 3

I'm glad you're doing better man! Hope all is well! And you better enjoy the new internet provider and now you can actually do something in lobbies. Lol, take it easy Rain.

4. ThirdGuyver

ThirdGuyver Generation 6
    Elite Pilot

!!!!! Hope all's well with the health, and hopefully you can TF it up again soon!

5. rogerwilco71

rogerwilco71 Generation 4

:eek:

Aww bummer....but yay for football channels:D!(GOOOO NINERS[​IMG] ).

BTW I also saved a chunk by going to DirecTV, but kept the cable internet

Somethings fishy......Even with terrible Hotel connections (.5-1mgb Down and .056 upload), I'll just get a high PING...might lag like hell, but it has never scrolled like that.

What's the upload speed? (2-3 mgb download and 1-2mbg upload should play)

6. rainman0211

rainman0211 Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Just a temporary hiatus big brother Bruvas. I vow to return... or should I say redrawn.

7. rainman0211

rainman0211 Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Oh yeah, I remember the Niners. Screwed with the electricity during the Super Bowl but my Ravens prevailed.;) I'll check those speeds though as you suggested and Get back on the phone with the internet people but as of right now my pancreas is working better than my internet connection.;)

8. The Juggernaut

The Juggernaut Generation 7

What's with your pancreas? Hope you get well soon and get better internet!
    Time Warner Cable is a nightmare for me (business class internet and they called it 'on our slower ends' of internet speed when I was trying to fix some issues.

9. rainman0211

rainman0211 Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Hey Jugger. My "Bad Pancreas" is merely a pancreas gone bad. It does however work better than my internet service.;)

10. The Juggernaut

The Juggernaut Generation 7

If anything in the body is worse than Time Warner Internet, then it's beyond hope.

• Funny Funny x 1