New Expedition DLC Coming in May

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by BallisticDad, Apr 12, 2014.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. BallisticDad

BallisticDad Played the very first FPS! *Duck Hunt*
    Elite Pilot

#1 BallisticDad, Apr 12, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 12, 2014
    [​IMG]

Here's some additional information from MP1st regarding the Expedition DLC for Titanfall.

Calling it “Expedition”, the paid add-on will included three new maps like “Swamp Land”, featuring tall trees that players can wall run and jump off of, chaining runs and jumps from tree to tree. “Wargames” plays off the Training Simulator level, which the studio says looks very “Tron-y”. “Runoff” will round off the trio of new maps arriving this May.

As a part of more free updates, the studio is also working on new game modes. During the panel, Respawn mentioned a new version of Last Titan Standing, turning it into a 2 vs. 2 game modes, highlighting more team-oriented gameplay.

A bunch of “new ideas” are also in the works for the game, including a system that uses hashtags to match like-minded gamers and easily allows them to game together.

More customization and stat-tracking features will also be implemented in the future, allowing people to personalize their Titan further and engage in more competitive play.

Short term game mode alterations are also on the plate, meaning players can expect new weekly game mode tweaks, offering new experiences constantly. The most popular variants will stick around the longest, says Respawn.

You can pick up Expedition as a standalone add-on for $10 this May, or as a part of Titanfall’s $25 Season Pass.​

• Like Like x 3
  2. BallisticDad

Elite Pilot

Announced at PAX, new DLC is coming!

3. Viking

Viking Generation 3

yes finally

4. x ERASURE

x ERASURE Generation 2

"The promo picture above shows a sneak peak at a map called "Swampland." One main feature of the map is the large number of trees which allow you to wall run in crazy, unpredictable paths. The second map, Runoff, is loosely connected to Swampland. According to the developers, "it has a lot of pipes and water." War Games, the last map, takes place within the area titan pilots train in.

Respawn is also adding the ability to customize titans with decals -- an often-requested feature from fans. Also, you'll be able to meet up with new Titanfall players by using identical hash tags."

• Like Like x 2
  5. WhoIsDo

WhoIsDo Generation 7
    Administrator

Great work, @BallisticDad! I've moved this to the announcements board.

Also, I'm pretty sure I called this earlier in the week! haha

• Like Like x 1
  6. kbrock1

kbrock1 Gen10
    Elite Pilot

Finally. Was hoping for new titans or weapons or something too tho,..

7. WhoIsDo

WhoIsDo Generation 7
    Administrator

Respawn stated well before the game released that there wouldn't be new Titans added to the game.

8. BallisticDad

Elite Pilot

Im with @WhoIsDo on this one. I highly doubt we would see more titans. Seeing new weapons in a future DLC, is more realistic.

9. OujaStrike

OujaStrike Generation 4 Level 50
    Elite Pilot

3 maps is pretty weak should be at least 5/6

10. kbrock1

kbrock1 Gen10
    Elite Pilot

i know,.. but i can keep dreams alive, cant i?

11. Tony at Home

Tony at Home Generation 5

Titanfall maps are much bigger than CoD maps. You can't expect them to make the same amount of huge maps for the same price as tiny CoD maps.

12. kbrock1

kbrock1 Gen10
    Elite Pilot

cheaper, actually.

13. Bear

Bear That ain't falco.
    Elite Pilot

Yeah I dunno. Still haven't purchased the SP and don't really plan on it unless they add new generations.

14. OujaStrike

OujaStrike Generation 4 Level 50
    Elite Pilot

they don't all have to be large i would love a map or 2 like Angel City

15. stp366

stp366 Generation 3

What about being able to rename your loadouts? Should be easy for them to include this

16. Clarkeh

Clarkeh Post-Patch Generation 6 Pilot
    Elite Pilot

Damn beat me to it heres the direct link to the info on thier website:

http://www.titanfall.com/news/titanfall-expedition-dlc

Was hoping they might expand the campaign to include these maps and add on additional voice over content (to continue the story from where it left off), It seems its just the tthree new maps in this DLC pack which is a shame but also im excited for some new maps to get used to.

17. BallisticDad

Elite Pilot

3 Maps is normal. Even COD releases 3 maps + a zombie map. Seeing as Titanfall does not have a Zombies mode... They are doing just fine.

I agree here! TF maps are huge!

18. Tony at Home

Tony at Home Generation 5

Even a map like Angel City dwarfs normal CoD maps in size. Easily twice as big as the biggest map in CoD Ghosts.

19. The Juggernaut

The Juggernaut Generation 7

IDK stonehaven on CoD ghosts is a obese son-of-a-gun map. I think it might match the size of Titanfalls smallest map. Oh and how do I get the season pass?

20. Logans Prime

Logans Prime Generation 2

Hell yeah that's what I am talking about a game where us gamers can use hashtags to join players that are similar to them. But im not a fan of the 2v2.. Because I like playing with a lot of players at ounce! its more crazy or insane. I hope with some map pack they have for titanfall they make it outside of the planet like in space were the titans are floating around to get to one another and then has astroids to have the pilots run and jump off of then have some sort of moon or giant rock be the center point of this map it would be sick!