New front news

Discussion in 'Titanfall 2 News & Discussion' started by Getmused, Jan 13, 2017.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Getmused

Getmused Generation 4

i haven't seen anyone post this yet so I thought I'd give everyone a heads up.

New update coming soon with new game mode and more.

Unfortunately I'm not too excited about the new mode but oh well there is always the best one

2. Derrame

Derrame Generation 6

the new mode is "Live Fire" 6v6 pilots only, you die, you must wait, the two new maps are only for this new game mode

WTF

no new map for other modes!?
    no new weapns, titans,

wow, this is really bad news
    i don't like to complain, but , seriously, this update is just bad, they make the game eve more FPS only, focue, pilots only mode!
    there is alredy one pilots only mode!
    no coop mode yet

very disappointing

• Like Like x 1
  3. Getmused

Getmused Generation 4

Yep, I was disappointed myself. I actually think it will spread the player base out which isn't good.

On the other hand, allowing to mix the modes easier will be nice.

4. Omega82

Omega82 Generation 5

I thought they did mention a new map for all modes ? (Besides the 2 for live fire ). They also alluded to there will be more stuff in the update but can't mention it all right now , so no point in being upset about things until we find out the full update information

5. Getmused

Getmused Generation 4

Omega, why can't I bitch about what has already been provided? I don't like another pilot v pilot mode. Plus the two new maps are strictly for that mode.

Sure respawn could release other stuff and at that time if it's cool I'll hype it up but so far not really hyped

• Like Like x 2
  6. Omega82

Omega82 Generation 5

Dude I can see people going in to full panic mode here lol. Look at the first post. We don't know The Whole update so there's no sense in putting out bad vibes already. There has been so much complaining over this game and a lot of it is becoming petty. Yes you can react to what they released so far , I don't think it's the end of the world. The 2 maps look awesome and maybe the new mode will become very popular. I thought they did mention another brand new map for all modes but I could be wrong. The whole update potentially can include new weapons , new titans , new customization options so let's just see what happens. Again I'm just trying to remain positive and hopeful and not so pessimistic with every little thing that happens here.

7. Getmused

Getmused Generation 4

I feel ya. Just bummed they didn't focus on what's there at the moment.

I'll still play everyday.

I do like the idea of picking and mixing modes. So that's a plus.

It just seems like an odd decision to bring in another pilot v pilot mode considering it's titanfall

I'd rather have seen another all Titan mode

• Like Like x 1
  8. Omega82

Omega82 Generation 5

I will admit that I was very surprised with the new mode and I'm not even sure if I'll be playing it. But it could end up being extremely fun . If they don't add more to the existing modes or new weapons /titans , attachments then I will be agreeing with you that it's a disappointment. I'm just trying to remain positive.

9. ensc

ensc Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

I pretty much agree with you Derrame. I am cautiously optimistic about the create your own mix tape though, because if it gives me a better opportunity to get Amped Hardpoint games, then that's a plus.

10. ensc

ensc Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Hey, bitch away my friend. :) I usually agree with your sentiments and it's nice to get it off your chest and also helpful to see that maybe others feel teh same way.

11. ensc

ensc Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

True. :) Including me, but it really made me laugh when i read that.

12. ensc

ensc Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Yes, this really makes no sense when I believe the Pilot v Pilot mode was pretty much dead already ahd has been for a long time.

13. Ik0n88x

Ik0n88x Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

I think this Live Fire mode is more of an attempt to appeal to the competitive gaming community, those are the type of game modes they (and me personally) love! I'm happy that they're introducing another Coliseum map which sounds like it's actually gonna have some cover. They also announced that there will be more remasters of old TF1 maps as well. Overall, I'm very happy.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Omega82

Omega82 Generation 5

Oh the mentioned remastered Tf1 maps ? I didn't know that. Typically I wouldn't be that thrilled with recycled maps but since I NEVER played them before this is great news for me. Haha.

And I feel Live Fire can be a success . Respawn is definitely catering to the call of duty market and the titanfall market with this game. I understand why it's upsetting to some people but I just see it as the best of both worlds. But I still believe we are gonna be seeing a lot more growth with the titans and more game content sooner than later. But this game will continue to grow and hopeful will its fanbase

15. Ik0n88x

Ik0n88x Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Call of Duty are their roots and these games play very simlarly when you're talking about Pilot vs Pilot gameplay, it was that way in the first game too. Of course they are going to try and appeal to an even larger userbase though, that's just the nature of a business. We are going to see more and more game content.. best part... it's FREE. I'm not sure if the fanbase is gonna grow too much, the first one didn't have a very large fanbase either and dwindled pretty fast considering. I think Mech games are always going to be niche games in America, they just don't catch on very well.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Ik0n88x

Ik0n88x Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

HERE IS THE FULL ANNOUNCEMENT

Hello Pilots—Jay here. Happy New Year! Last year we said that we were committed to supporting Titanfall 2 for the long haul and this journey began with the release of Angel City’s Most Wanted and we’re just getting started. We have many things in the works for Titanfall 2 players in 2017 and today we’re excited to reveal what’s next.

In our next content drop coming soon, we’ll be introducing a brand-new mode called Live Fire: a lightning fast 6v6 Pilot only mode that brings competitive, close quarter combat to the forefront. A round-based best of 5 mode with no respawns, you will have one minute to eliminate the opposing team in order to win the round. You can also win the round if your team is holding the neutral flag when the round timer ends. It’s fast, frantic, and sure to help hone those teamwork and mobility skills. We’re also introducing two brand new maps designed specifically for Live Fire: Stacks and Meadow. Playable only in the Live Fire playlist, these two maps are tight, enclosed death boxes designed specifically for the fast-paced, intense nature of the mode.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

In addition to Live Fire and the two new dedicated maps for that mode, we’re also going to be introducing a brand-new Coliseum map called Columns, as well as another Pilot execution (wait until you see this one!), and multiple new Commander intros for each Faction. We’ll have more details on when you’ll be getting your hands on this soon and everything in this update will be free for all Titanfall 2 players.

We’ve also been working on a significant update to our playlist interface. We agree with much of the feedback that having game modes split between two screens is not an ideal user experience. The team has been working to introduce a brand new interface for the next content drop on consoles and possibly a bit earlier on PC so we can test it out. Below you can check out our work in progress to give you an idea how it will change.

Our goal is to allow players to create their own ‘mixtapes’ and choose which modes they want to be matched in. Would you like to match in just Attrition, Amped Hardpoint, and Last Titan Standing? Simply select the modes you want and hit play. We’ll talk more about this and more in the coming weeks.

[​IMG]

Everything else is still highly classified, but hopefully you are starting to get a sense at how we’re planning to support Titanfall 2 post-launch. Soon we will reveal our roadmap for the next couple months that will have more maps [including remasters of more maps from Titanfall], weapons, modes, and more.

Stay tuned to @titanfallgame for updates, this is going to be an exciting year for Titanfall 2. Thanks for your support!

• Like Like x 1
  17. Omega82

Omega82 Generation 5

Well I'm hoping the fanbase will grow because it's the best game out there . And all these call of duty players have to come try titanfall and realize this game is basically superior in every way.

18. Getmused

Getmused Generation 4

The TF1 maps will come after this update along with new maps. Which is why I said I would be happy for the next update

19. Getmused

Getmused Generation 4

What I figure live fire will end up being

20. ReedyChannel146

ReedyChannel146 Generation 2

Not a good sign when most find the upcoming DLC news lack luster to start with.

I hope we get more of everything to appeal to every type of play style, but what was announced looks like more cod style game play....just saying.

• Like Like x 1