New Maps DLC?

Discussion in 'Titanfall 2 News & Discussion' started by Derrame, Dec 7, 2016.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Derrame

Derrame Generation 6

Hi there pilots

if there is a new map dlc, what kind of map would you like?

i'd like a map with vegetation, in sme strange unknown planet,

• Like Like x 1
  2. ensc

ensc Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

I would actually almost like to see some of the stuff from the Single Player Campaign made into Multiplayer maps, where some of the maps would almost be alive, like the ones where the large platforms were being moved through a conveyor. Or the one where you had to climb up the wall to get to the dome. Almost have that one with concentric pieces inside of it that you could also climb up. The time travel one would make for some incredibly interesting stuff in multiplayer. If you knew both time periods well enough, you could swap time periods and find a great hiding spot to ambush the other player when he comes through. Also, the one with the cranes moving pieces of wall around. With both teams being able to move walls around it would really make for a dynamic and ever-changing map. This would be a great way for Respawn to leverage a whole lot of work they've already done for the Single Player to make the multiplayer more interesting and fun.

Also, I would love to see a new mode added that is sort of like Frontier Defense from TF1, but more like waves of titans like in the Single Player when you were fighting them off along side Sarah in her red titan.

There is just so much good stuff in the Single Player that could be leveraged to make the Multiplayer better.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Derrame

Derrame Generation 6

is there any info on new maps incoming?

4. Ik0n88x

Ik0n88x Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

5. Derrame

Derrame Generation 6

they should add at least 6 new maps in the next dlc

• Like Like x 3
  6. ensc

ensc Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

You are absolutely right Derrame.

TF1:
    release = 15 large maps
    DLC1 = 3 large maps
    Total = 18 large maps (after 1 DLC)

TF2:
    release = 9 small, choke-pointed maps
    DLC1 = 1 large map
    Total = 10 maps (9 small choke-pointed, 1 large)

Even if they gave us 6 in DLC2, we would still be 2 behind where we were in DLC1 in TF1, and more than half of those 16 maps would be smaller with choke points.

So, yeah, you are right Derrame. They owe us at least that much.

And, oh, that's not even taking into consideration that sometimes even if we played 10 games we might only see 3 out of the 10 available maps, because they have the map rotation all screwed up.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Derrame

Derrame Generation 6

#7 Derrame, Jan 28, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2017
    Some maps i really want in TF2:

Airbase
    [​IMG]

Outpost 207
    [​IMG]

Swampland
    [​IMG]

and of curse

Fracture!
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  8. KernelClamjuice

KernelClamjuice Generation 6
    Elite Pilot

Swampland was my least favorite map from T1, but I would welcome it in T2 with open arms.

The EA Titanfall 2 website indicated they are releasing Colony as a ReMaster. This is good news.

I find myself cutting my gaming nights short for lack of enthusiasm. When you start to grind late at night it's hard to keep playing with the same maps....so I end up just turning the game off.

In T1 I would say....ok one more game........then a good map would come up and I would be like Tyrone Biggins and say ok one more game.......and again....and again....etc..

We simply have too few maps....

I would be ok with all of them remastered....

• Like Like x 2
  9. Derrame

Derrame Generation 6

exactly, maps are too few, and i dn't hink it's difficult to copy paste some maps from tf1 in tf2, we need more variety, and maps are in this moment more important than pilot vs pilot mode

• Like Like x 1
  10. Ik0n88x

Ik0n88x Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

I for the most part agree with you guys here, there are too few maps. However, it's not as easy as copy/paste maps from TF1 into TF2 if you know anything about game design / different engines and what not.

11. OldTuftyLemur

OldTuftyLemur Generation 2

I miss frontier defense!

• Like Like x 1
  12. itbeatswalking

itbeatswalking Generation 3

I'm enjoying the current maps (even Crashsite LOL). But with so few maps, if I stop searching for a minute inbetween games,once I resume playing I end up replaying the same map. This happens fairly often.

• Like Like x 1
  13. DARK BAWGS

DARK BAWGS Generation 5
    Elite Pilot

Good thought but apparently not going to happen:

Only one map "Colony" from TF1!

• Like Like x 1
  14. Derrame

Derrame Generation 6

yes, it's not as simple as copy paste, but at least they have the base already,
    and of curse fronteer defense and a new coop mode

• Like Like x 1
  15. DARK BAWGS

DARK BAWGS Generation 5
    Elite Pilot

From what I have seen and heard it doesn't look like Frontier Defense of a new co-op mode will be included in the March upgrade; but we can still hope...

16. Kingkat54

Kingkat54 Generation 7

Too bad. Was looking forward to a "co-op" mode game. :oops:

• Like Like x 1
  17. ensc

ensc Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Yes, this! Even not remastered, just throw them in (bugs and all) and work the bugs out later. I'm sure we would all be willing to cut them slack for giving us a huge playground of 23 more maps even if they are buggy instead of getting spoon fed 1 stinking remastered map every 2 months. Then, they could work the bugs out at their convenience, but at least we would have a larger playground in the meantime. Just another reason they shouldn't have changed the core of the damn game. If you had left the core as it was, then you could have just inserted any or all of the original 24 maps whenever you wanted with ZERO work. But, NOOOOOOO, let's change the core of every functional piece of what was the most perfect video game of all time.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Trini Chinese

Trini Chinese Generation 7

more that likely we are going to get only one map in march . and a new prime titan , if that much . we may have to wait till summer to see what they really have to offer . when they launch remastered maps i am curious if they will be implementing the hack able turrets again . and if the AI will be beefed up in the AI modes .

am happy to see new content , but not excited .

• Like Like x 1
  19. Trini Chinese

Trini Chinese Generation 7

yep agreed . i have already started to drop off the game and being that other games are coming out , i just don.t know any more , am getting really bored with the multiplayer .

20. Derrame

Derrame Generation 6

they devs could at least say that/if there will be new maps

• Like Like x 1