New Maps DLC?

Discussion in 'Titanfall 2 News & Discussion' started by Derrame, Dec 7, 2016.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Trini Chinese

Trini Chinese Generation 7

74b55441f115bc84b81bba6d7817d2a6.jpg The Live Fire update will be our first content drop for 2017 and certainly not the last. The team is hard at work building and testing new content that we’ll be releasing over the next few months. While we’re not prepared to reveal full details yet, I can confirm a couple things to expect after the Live Fire update.

The next drop after Live Fire will be a doozy. We’ll have new Prime Titans and cosmetics you can purchase at the store, a large patch that will bring a host of bug fixes, balance tweaks, and new features online. Not to mention a new weapon, Pilot execution, and more. We’re also bringing back another Titanfall classic map which is….

COLONY!
    en-only.jpg

2. KernelClamjuice

KernelClamjuice Generation 6
    Elite Pilot

All of the the things that T1 had in the game that made it great are missing.

I am truly curious why Respawn doesn't recognize this....can they be that far out of touch?

Turrets .....zip lines.......1st person Executions..........1st person Terminations.....1st person Titan entries. Would it be that difficult to implement them into the game?

It really is remarkable what these things bring to the game....it brings a deep sense of emulsified game play. This is what Titanfall 2 is lacking.

• Like Like x 2
  3. ensc

ensc Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

#23 ensc, Jan 29, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2017
    I'm assuming this text was written by someone at Respawn. It certainly appears that way. If so, WOW! Yeah, that's a doozy alright...a doozy in how tiny and unsatisfactory it is. I cannot believe what a bubble these guys are living in. It truly is like the bubble the NY media lives in. Not a freaking clue.

First, they didn't listen to the people who actually loved TF1 the way it was, but instead listened to the traditional FPS players (those in their bubble) who hated TF1 because they couldn't get their precious kill streaks, so they unnecessarily changed the core functionality of almost everything. Not only was that a mistake of epic proportions, because it extracted all of the beautiful uniqueness Titanfall had and made it just another traditional FPS game with clunky titans running around, but it also made bringing a map from TF1 into TF2 be a major effort instead of just seamlessly dropping it in if they had left the core functionality the same.

Second, they used this whole DLC will be "free" propaganda to allow them to put out a release with 7 small choke-pointed maps (Crash Site and Complex don't count because they never should have made it out of concept). This was 47% of the maps TF1 launched with, which was 15 large, well designed maps. Even if you want to give them credit for Crash Site and Complex, which is rediculous, but OK whatever, that's still only 60% of what TF1 launched with. Even those who really liked TF2 accepted this incomplete release with the expectation that of course there would be lots of "free" DLC content coming down the pike fast and furious to fill in the gaps. I can only assume that they believed they had enough people living inside their bubble who would be propagandists for them and try to snuff out any criticism of this inadequate release.

Third, now they are actually stating that a "doozy" of a drop will be coming in March (5 months after the release) that will include only the second map added to the game after the release. WOW! WOW! WOW! WOW! WOW! How out of touch are these people? If having 9 maps (11 if you care to include Crash Site and Complex) five months after the release of the game somehow equates to a "doozy" in a good way, they are delusional. That is still only 60% (or 73%) of the maps that TF1 had AT RELEASE. Not to mention that within approximately the same amount of time, TF1 had added 6 more large, well designed maps for a total of 21 maps, so if we are really comparing apples to apples, then we are actually sitting at 42% (or 52%) of the maps TF1 was sitting at in what would be the same time frame. So percentage-wise, we are actually taking a step backwards. Oh, but hey, it's "free", right? Yeah, OK propagandists. Let me ask you something. At what point are you going to realize that you are actually hurting your own credibility by defending these guys?

Fourth, I remember expressing concern when the first DLC came out and it had the store added that a large percentage of their resources would get put into making new skins and cosmetics that they could sell rather than creating actual important content and functionality. I'm sorry, what are the first words after "doozy"? "We’ll have new Prime Titans and cosmetics you can purchase at the store" So, we'll have one new map, not even really new, but stolen from TF1, but hey be excited because you can pay us money for cosmetics. Uh, yeah, OK, whatever.

It is truly sad. It is just not enough. Even those who really love TF2 are crying for more maps, because they are getting bored, but unfortunately those cries can't pierce that impenetrable bubble.

• Like Like x 1
  4. KernelClamjuice

KernelClamjuice Generation 6
    Elite Pilot

I was hoping for maps and first person stuff.

At this point the game is a farging flop.

• Like Like x 2
  5. rainman0211

rainman0211 Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

That about sums it up for me Kernel. So much from Titanfall is missed in its sequel as you've reminded me of. :rolleyes: The good old days.

• Like Like x 3
  6. Sgt_rawk

Sgt_rawk Generation 7

I'm pretty hyped for Colony though, it was actually the inclusion of Angel City which eventually got me understanding TF 2 better. Can't wait, love Colony.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Derrame

Derrame Generation 6

each DLC for TF1 added three maps! THREE! 3, 9 in total
    in the four released DLc for TF2 we have 3 new general maps

come on, new maps please

• Like Like x 3
  8. ensc

ensc Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

I'm with you Derrame.

• Like Like x 1