New player with framerate question that I can't explain.

Discussion in 'Titanfall PC' started by Sayjimwoo, May 17, 2014.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Sayjimwoo

Sayjimwoo Generation 1

I am playing Titanfall with a 1080p monitor, 780ti, Asus Z97 Deluxe, i7 4770k cpu, 16gb ram and an SSD.
    So far I have played 3 games (vsync on) and I noticed occasional stuttering in mid game with a lot of action. No way could it be my machine, surely I can keep a constant 60fps with my rig? Anyway I set up a fps counter for my 3rd game and I kept an eye on the framerate. The counter never once dropped below 60fps in the entire match but I could still see the framerate drop in mid game (noticable while using vsync) despite the counter holding a solid 60fps. Is this just server lag? I never see anything like that in BF4 and there is a higher number of players and I can hold a solid 60fps at all times with no lag. Any insight from the forum would be greatly appreciated.

2. marthiFiC!

marthiFiC! Generation 4

Vsync is broken as far as I know. What FPS counter were you using?

3. OnkelCannabia

OnkelCannabia Generation 2

Yeah, something is just wrong with the game. You can activate an FPS counter over the command line. I have stuttering gameplay sometimes while the FPS stay comfortably at 60.

i5 2500k, GTX 780 OC, 8GB RAM, SSD.

4. Sayjimwoo

Sayjimwoo Generation 1

I was also using the built in FPS counter using the command line in Origin, at least its not just me seeing the FPS drop. So far I have owned the game for less than 24 hours. Still deciding whether to refund or to hold out till they fix the issue because I do really love the game. Vsync turned off for me or a stand alone framerate limiter (msi afterburner) isn't an option because you still see tearing. Has anyone tried using Nvidia's Vsync or does that still produce the same result?

5. OnkelCannabia

OnkelCannabia Generation 2

Forcing Vsync via Geforce Experience is actually a good idea. I don't know if I have time to play TF today or even tomorrow, but if you try it out let me know.

6. Sayjimwoo

Sayjimwoo Generation 1

Yeah I'll try it today :)

7. marthiFiC!

marthiFiC! Generation 4

It will do the same thing, I'm pretty sure... Thanks to the new "Frame rate support" patch the only solution I know of is to cap your frame rate in "nvidia inspector" below your refresh rate.