Nightly Smart pistol rant

Discussion in 'General Titanfall discussion' started by cmoshdotcom, Mar 16, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. cmoshdotcom

cmoshdotcom Generation 2

If you use it, you're lazy
    If you do well with it, you're pathetic.

Stop being lazy, and stop using the built in aimbot.

Stupidest fucking weapon in any game ever.

/endrant

• Like Like x 2
  2. SHAN

SHAN GEN 10 NONSTOP MAP-TREADIN' CROSS-COUNTRY STRYDER
    Elite Pilot

It's really not that effective(unless killing grunts/spectres for easy pickings)... TitanFall's platform is meant for everyone to be in motion 90% of the time. As long as you're moving, wall-running, thrusting, a smart-pistol lock-on should be the last of your worries.

3. hogscraper

hogscraper Generation 2

This is one of those things in a game that make me scratch my head and ask what the hell were they thinking? In the hands of a noob with stealth its a free kill for them. In the hands of a good player its the most unbalanced bullshit you can put in a game. I get that every game has a messed up mechanic that most losers will flock to, dual FMGs anyone? But those mechanics get fixed. Time to fix this pistol.

4. SHAN

SHAN GEN 10 NONSTOP MAP-TREADIN' CROSS-COUNTRY STRYDER
    Elite Pilot

I just don't see how the smart-pistol is OP... maybe you're both playing some crazy awesome expert pilot that i haven't encountered yet...

5. cmoshdotcom

cmoshdotcom Generation 2

I'm in no way saying its OP. its not.

it is, however, talentless and obnoxious

• Like Like x 3
  6. hogscraper

hogscraper Generation 2

Anything that allows a player with little aiming skills to get kills is unbalanced. I've used it once and felt dirty. I can't imagine being a player that wants to use it.

7. Deity Falkor

Deity Falkor Generation 3

I will mention that Respawn said this game was going to be friendly to all level of players. The auto pistol is great for new players to FPS who want to get in but have not yet built the skills to run and gun like the BF/COD vets. It lets them get in and tear apart grunts and feel like they are doing well. As they play and get better they will move on to bigger and better guns.

As for me, I have the auto pistol on one of my soldiers. When I set up the right set of burn cards I will jump onto that and just run crazy slaughtering grunts like a mad man. No, it does not take a lot of skill, but if you have the rare burn card that has you amped until you die you can kill a ton of grunts.

If you do not like it, do not use it. But it does work for a set of players they may have a different skill level or desire than you. And if them having fun takes away from your ability to have fun, maybe you need to look deeper into the why.

• Like Like x 1
  8. megabeast37215

megabeast37215 Generation 2

It's trash. I agree wholeheartedly with the OP.

9. markforza

markforza Finally got to Gen5
    Elite Pilot

And the Best/Worst bit is that as U progress through the Generations U'll find U HAVE to get 50 Pilot Kills with EVERY WEAPON! I know I'm really going to b Knackered when it comes to SNIPING as I simply HAVE NO DESIRE to b a Sniper! We ALL know how they play Hide at their OWN spawn & maybe get 3kills in a Match! Same with the 50x Pilot Kills that HAVE to be EJECTING! Generation 5 I think! Cmon now make it 15/25max & that'll b hard enough but 50 is just KICKING THE ARSE OUT OF IT! So it looks like I might ONLY get to Generation 5 & I'd b really annoyed if its NOT patched later coz it'll make me Stop playing if I can't progress any further! And that's ON TOP of All the Haters saying that there's going to b NO LONGEVITY in the Game! Please @Respawn do something about it! Seems to me that they are Contradicting themselves coz they say that the point of the Game is Movement so why do they Want U to camp to achieve certain Challenges? PS Rant Finished!! lol

10. ZJP

ZJP Generation 5
    Elite Pilot

No one ever listens :)

It's not OP. It's cheap.

It's not about good players using it. It's getting sucker punched by it by a stationary camper in a game about speed, verticality, and agility.

So I agree. It's lazy unless you're going for GEN challenges.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Tony at Home

Tony at Home Generation 5

Who cares if its cheap so long as it is not OP? (the shotgun is my preferred weapon, and it usually wins in CQB)

Does it really bother people that much that the person who killed you might have only used a very minimal effort?

I mean, I've been killed by a Titan just backing up a few steps and squashing me.

Sometimes any player can get a kill without trying, thats just how games go.

• Like Like x 1
  12. ZJP

ZJP Generation 5
    Elite Pilot

Totally agree with Tony. Let's make cheap shots cool in other games. In basketball elbows and face punches should be allowed. In baseball you should be able to throw dirt in someones eyes before you pitch.

Definitely don't want to level the playing field.

In the future maybe we'll luck out and DLC can just be "Kill person in front of you with zero effort for .99 cents"

13. Tony at Home

Your analogy doesn't work.

The cheap moves you say im suggesting the equivalent of, aren't just easy, but are unilaterally more effective than the option of playing regularly.

As was already admitted, Smart Pistols aren't overpowered. They are not a more effective option, despite being easier. In fact, they lose to rifles at long range, and lose to shotguns up close.

14. Tony at Home

Basically, if one basketball player has the option of elbowing others in the face, he/she can easily beat other players who do not.

Whereas in the case of Smart Pistols, it does not confer such an advantage over players who defer from using it.

Same with your throwing sand example.

Your analogy is void.

15. ZJP

ZJP Generation 5
    Elite Pilot

Your wasting time typing that out aside... I'm not talking about the gun losing to any other gun in the game. You can't win vs. someone hiding, cloaked in the dark, with the smart pistol, while your back is turned, and while you're playing a completely different game.

In ANY game you play, a sucker punch makes you mediocre at best. The person in question deserves no respect.

If that's what the kiddies want? Great. Mediocre and afraid of playing the game they bought sounds like a lot of fun to me.

16. Tony at Home

If someone gets the drop on you, while they're cloaked and hiding- a shotgun blast to the back will do the trick just as easily.

I don't know any players who would defer from shooting another person in the back, not giving them a chance to defend themselves either.

There's nothing unique about the smart pistol in terms of its ability to kill without allowing the other player to fight back.

I frequently use remote explosives to set up traps in frequently used corridors, detonating them as the enemy runs by.

If your argument is no weapon should be able to kill unilaterally without aiming or giving the opponent a chance to react, you'd be against much more than just a smart pistol

17. ZJP

ZJP Generation 5
    Elite Pilot

Any of your examples mentioned effort. Actually having to play the game. The game did not decide anything for you. I don't mind someone getting the jump on me as long as they've aimed their gun or thrown their own explosives. A camper is easy enough to root out. Someone who only has the mental fortitude to hide in a game having a computer get headshots for them? Nope. Lazy. Cheap.

You keep changing the subject which leads me to believe you've come to this board to troll. My fault for taking the bait.

You've been fed enough.

18. megabeast37215

megabeast37215 Generation 2

It's a pathetic gun for pathetic people who can't aim. The fact that it's in the game is a slap in the face to FPS players. Other lock on/homing weapons in other games have disadvantages such as: they fire a slow moving projectile that can be dodged, the charge/lock feature triggers an audible tell that the weapon is being used nearby.. the Smart Pistol has none of these. It's made even worse by every character having access to cloak and being able to hang on the ceiling/wall.

Wanna guard the Hardpoint? Just hang in a corner and get perfect headshots without having to aim.. yeah so balanced. To top it all off they can equip a suppressor on it so they never give away their position.

Every other lock on weapon in this game triggers the 'pilot locking' or 'titan locking' indicator.. except the Smart Pistol. This is why it's unbalanced.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Tony at Home

Im not changing the subject. Just providing counter examples.

And I don't see how the Smart Pistol doesn't require the effort to get in range against rifles, and survive long enough to charge vs shotgun users.

20. Clarkeh

Clarkeh Post-Patch Generation 6 Pilot
    Elite Pilot

Fairplay eachtime i have squared off against a smart pistol user and thier actively AD ADing and jumping around then yea they will own me, On the other hand when i use it and do the same thing it doesn't give me that auto kill but i might just be impatient waiting for all three lock ons and the red icon showing up.

The Smart pistol is there for newer players to jump in a YOLO it or for seasoned players wanting to rack up alot of grunt kills. I would just accept it and stop the venting about it.

If you want to continue venting on these topics i would suggest the respawn forum thiers like 30+ of them and you can fill your boots.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.