No Day-One DLC or micro-transactions for Titanfall

Discussion in 'General Titanfall discussion' started by WhoIsDo, Jan 11, 2014.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. WhoIsDo

WhoIsDo Generation 7
    Administrator

This was confirmed awhile ago, but I've seen people around the internet that are a bit worried about these two subjects. Back in June, Respawn Entertainment confirmed that there will not be day-one DLC or micro-transactions in Titanfall.

“We want to make sure people understand we’re not going to nickel-and-dime you with microtransactions, and we don’t expect you to buy a game, put it in your console, and the first day get asked to spend more money for more content,” McCoy recently told Gamespot. ”What you get on the disc is what you bought, and that’s how we’re going to do it.”

On the topic of day-one DLC, McCoy stated “We’re not talking about our plans specifically, but I can say we’re not going to have day-one DLC, and we’re not gonna have microtransactions or anything like that.”​

That's great to hear, honestly. For the people that will ask, this does NOT mean we won't see DLC for the game. It just means that there won't be downloadable content available on the day the game releases.

I'm expecting there to be content plans laid out at some point, but they'll probably be very careful since this is a new IP and they don't want to upset their potential fan base.

2. Kingkat54

Kingkat54 Generation 7

Finally, a game that is complete. Always hated when games had DLC that was supposed to be in the game at launch, then had to pay for it.:)

3. hallmaster

hallmaster Generation 4

Well this is good and gets rid of worries. I'm glad day one DLC is absent, but Microtransactions aren't always bad if you don't need them, and they are there for rich lazy kids who want to skip stuff.