No pre-load option for Titanfall digital copy

Discussion in 'Titanfall 360 & Xbox One' started by WhoIsDo, Jan 22, 2014.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. WhoIsDo

WhoIsDo Generation 7
    Administrator

Well, this is a disappointment. After speaking with the Xbox Support Twitter account, they've confirmed to me that you won't be able to pre-load Titanfall if you buy it digitally. Not only is this not an option for Titanfall, but it isn't currently an option on the Xbox One.

Surprised? Annoyed? What do you think about this news?

2. Kingkat54

Kingkat54 Generation 7

THAT is NOT good news. Then my question, Why would I want to pre-order the game, digitally from Origin, if I can't have it any sooner than having to wait for it to dl?
    Does not make any sense to me. :mad:

Let me rephrase, I am playing on PC. Might as well cancel the Origin and pre-order at GameStop and get the free poster!:confused:

3. OujaStrike

OujaStrike Generation 4 Level 50
    Elite Pilot

is pre-load to play while it's downloading?

4. Kingkat54

Kingkat54 Generation 7

No..........(if I remember correctly) .......the last time I had a "pre load" dl was MOH WF. There was a pre load started the night before the game released.
    Since it was on Origin, it put parts of the game needed to play and set up my account. It was around 1 am that the game itself began to load to my pc. Didn't take too long and I was playing in a short while. went to bed and woke up...........:D
    Just was logged into Origin.
    That was what I planned to have happen. Its why I pre-ordered the game, otherwise I'll just buy it at Best Buy and load it like I did the COD Ghosts game. There has to be a reason to get the pre-order. :) The other reason direct dl is good, it does not load your memory up. Some of these games are several GB of space required.

5. WhoIsDo

WhoIsDo Generation 7
    Administrator

This is regarding the Xbox One version, not the PC version. Haven't heard confirmation one way or the other for the PC version of the game.

6. Kingkat54

Kingkat54 Generation 7

:(

I knew that........................:(

7. Chaz

Chaz Generation 6
    Elite Pilot

Well that is kind of poopy. :( My condolences to those on consoles who are buying it digitally. I know you guys are going to want to be playing it at the stroke of midnight!

8. Laddie13

Laddie13 Generation 4

I'm not as familiar with Origin as I am with Steam, but it could be entirely possible Origin will have the option to pre-load. If they've done it in the past I'm sure Titanfall will be no exception.

No pre-load is for Xbox One and 360 as Microsoft's digital stores are incapable of it. If this were possible, members of Respawn have stated that they would totally be on board. Sadly this is due to limitations on Microsoft's part.

9. Kingkat54

Kingkat54 Generation 7

Laddie 13 , you seem very well informed about al lot of stuff. :cool:Especially about Titanfall. Makes me wonder.................:rolleyes:........
    that other Titanfall site has an "Ask Abbie" thread................maybe this site should have a "Ask Laddie 13 thread"?:D

• Like Like x 1
  10. Laddie13

Laddie13 Generation 4

Ah, thanks @Kingkat54! I try to be helpful as much as I can. Gaming is long been a passion of mine and unfortunately many of my friends aren't as enthusiastic about gaming as I am, which leads me to the Internet to meet awesome people who share my passion for games. The Titanfall community has introduced me to so many great people, I can't wait for March so I can play Titanfall with you guys.

• Like Like x 1