No tech test for PC

Discussion in 'Titanfall PC' started by Shralla, Aug 16, 2016.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Shralla

Shralla Generation 2

I can't believe there isn't a thread about this. After the poorly optimized disaster that was the first Titanfall, we are now being skipped completely in the testing phase for the second game. Given the fact that the first one was clearly given the absolute bare minimum amount of attention it needed to be a functional game on PC, the fact that we are being skipped over for this critical phase for the second one is a huge red flag. At best, it means we are likely to receive little support or dedicated attention for our platform. For all we know, the game might just run like a pile of crap after we are forced to spend the money on it just so we know, because we are not being afforded the opportunity to see for ourselves. And that's never mind the gameplay changes (slowed down pilot movement) that we won't have the ability to try out before spending our hard-earned money.

The only reason I bought Titanfall was because it impressed me in beta despite its performance issues. With the obvious changes made to the gameplay to "appeal to a wider audience," there is zero chance of me purchasing this without first being able to know how it plays and how it runs.

2. Trini Chinese

Trini Chinese Generation 7

3. Trini Chinese

http://www.titanfall-community.com/threads/titanfall-2-tech-rest-not-coming-to-pc.7560/#post-47323

4. Sapphire

Sapphire Generation 3

To be honest, I'm not really sad about it lol. I haven't pre-order TF2 yet.. I'm going to wait until it's out and read some reviews and watch some youtube videos. I always do this before I buy a new game and make sure I really like it.

5. Trini Chinese

i agree with you , the campaign is a good selling point , if multiplayer is not your cup of tea. but we shall see if this game lives up to expectations only time will tell .

• Like Like x 2
  6. ThirdGuyver

ThirdGuyver Generation 6
    Elite Pilot

Just get the game when it comes out, or play on a friends pc first..there were no betas back in the old console days!

Your pc version should technically be the most fluid of them all anyway, and I wouldnt take it personally about no beta, theyre testing out what they feel they need to test.

• Like Like x 1
  7. DusK

DusK Generation 2

The lack of a tech test is one of a few reasons I've been recommending to all of my friends that they don't pre-order the game or purchase it on release, and instead, to wait for reviews on the game's performance on PC before making your purchase.

I'd advise you to do the same.

8. Bruvas

Bruvas Generation 7
    Elite Pilot

Pre-ordering is only for the fanatics of a game anyway. Until you've played any game, who's to know if you're going to like it.

Naturally, I've got Titanfall 2 pre-ordered and pinned to my start menu :D

• Like Like x 2
  9. DusK

DusK Generation 2

Oh, I have no doubt the gameplay itself will be fun. If I were to be completely honest, all of the complaints I've been seeing about the game as a result of the tech test have only made me more excited to play it.

But we have no way of knowing how this game's PC launch will turn out. It could be horribly optimized. It could lack even basic options and settings that have become expectations of PC game releases.

Respawn have said literally nothing about the PC version except that there will be one, and have ignored all questions regarding the PC version in their Q&A sessions. Between that and the lack of purchasing options for the PC version (no collector's editions, for example), it's perfectly reasonable to be cautious about the PC release.

The lack of a tech test is also a red flag, no matter what Vince said. A lot of people thought it was reasonable for Eidos to release the system requirements of Deus Ex: Mankind Divided a mere week and a half before launch, and look at the state that game is in. We're about a month out. It's kind of alarming that Respawn are not aware of what kind of hardware will be necessary to run the game.

That is why I've been recommending people not pre-order the PC version of the game or purchase it on launch day. Even if you've played the game on a console and know it's going to be fun for you, you can't expect that experience to translate to the PC version. The console versions have been getting all of the attention pre-launch. It's perfectly rational to assume -- until Respawn themselves prove this notion wrong -- that the same will continue after launch.

10. Eazyridr73

Eazyridr73 Generation 3

Bruvas u an I r in the same boat. Already purchased and pinned. Hahahaha

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. ThirdGuyver

ThirdGuyver Generation 6
    Elite Pilot

I'll be there with you pre'd & pinned as soon as I get back!

• Like Like x 1
  12. DusK

DusK Generation 2

Well, at the very least, you guys will be able to tell us cautious buyers how the game runs one way or another.

13. Trini Chinese

• Like Like x 1