[OFFICIAL] PC cheaters will only be able to play against other PC cheaters

Discussion in 'Titanfall PC' started by Koviko, Mar 26, 2014.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Koviko

Koviko Generation 4

I posted this on the General Titanfall forums, but just in case there are people that only check this one:

• Like Like x 1
  2. ObiWan_KaNoobie

ObiWan_KaNoobie Generation 2

I don't like this idea.. too easy for someone to claim someone is cheating if they're on a losing streak... Honestly, how can this issue reeally be tracked?

3. Koviko

Koviko Generation 4

They don't determine who cheaters are based on reports from players. They use a system called "FairFight" to determine who the cheaters are. I'm not sure what they actually do with player reports.

4. Kingkat54

Kingkat54 Generation 7

I am sure they look into reports. They must have enough information to determine a "really good" player against either just a "hot streak" player and/or a cheater.
    Besides...............................................this may be the ultimate solution to cheating in games.
    Don't ban them......just control where they game and with whom. ;)

5. Slickdevil08

Slickdevil08 Generation 3

I like the idea and then again i don't. only reason i don't like the idea because its like what if all the hackers get together and say they dont want to hack anymore. they should lose the game all together if you ask me but i like it because since i dont hack or play with people that do i will never have to worry about seeing any hackers in my games.

• Like Like x 1
  6. 17FIX

17FIX Generation 2

hello guys, I had heard of this and I have seen strange things in the game many times, but please explain to me what these players cheat? score, health, ammo? things like that?

• Like Like x 1
  7. Koviko

Koviko Generation 4

Aim & Vortex Shield.

8. Kingkat54

Kingkat54 Generation 7

They have "cheats", or "hacks" that allow players to have a "visual" advantage against other players. An Aim-Bot simply puts your weapon on an opposing player's head, allowing you to shoot them ONE time and score a kill, even if its from across the entire map. Like an advanced auto-aim. When a player kills you with ONE shot, from the other side of the map, with the 110AR,you begin to wonder.............
    Another cheat is the ability to visually locate an opposing player "through" a wall. Its like the Burn Card , but this hacks is a constant feature. Knowing exactly where your opponent is can be a big advantage to score kills.
    I am not aware of a "God Mode", or Unlimited Ammo hacks. Doesn't mean they aren't out there!

The funny thing is, that these hacks are NOT designed to increase the ability of the player to insure a win. They do not double or triple any score while in game, only give the player an advantage of being able to kill other players at will. To cheat their K/D ratio.
    If I have missed anything about cheats or hacks, please feel free to add information. These are the only one's I am aware of at this time. Oh yes, another interesting point, these players have to "pay" for the cheats!!!!!! So not only do they buy the game, but they pay more money just to be able to cheat. Such a waste of their parents hard earned money they give these children as a weekly allowance .
    I for one applaud Respawn in this effort.

But Slickdevil08, even if they DO stop cheating and return to the game, at least they have stopped cheating. And THAT is good for everyone. And maybe, that might be a plus for the game. People may really begin to look at the game, and buy it. An increase of players is what everyone wants.

• Like Like x 3
  9. 17FIX

17FIX Generation 2

understood, now I understand a lot of things, I was very suspicious about certain situations, "one shot one kill" but another thing that sometimes does not seem clear is the sum of the kill at the end of game, many times they are 100% convinced that he had killed a Titan, the battle is only between us two, I look at the results ... and the result is zero? I do not know if this is part of some hacks but I guarantee that happens to me many times ... you?

10. Koviko

Koviko Generation 4

Each "Titan Kill" is from a "Doomed Titan" bonus. If you don't get the final dooming hit, then you don't get the kill.

11. Slickdevil08

Slickdevil08 Generation 3

Yeah kingkat54 i see what you are saying there. i like the idea just the one side of me keeps coming out and saying ban there cheating arses they dont deserve to enjoy this lol. :p

• Like Like x 1
  12. Wafflesquad

Wafflesquad Generation 2

I'm extremely interested in what kind of matches these will end up being. Two teams of pure hackers with no restrictions on anything- what would that be? Chaos? Extremely entertaining? I'm more inclined to think the second. Very fast, very brief matches with the best aimbot coming out on top. I'd like to see some of these streamed. It could get interesting.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Kingkat54

Kingkat54 Generation 7

Those would be interesting matches. Just to see who can cheat better.:confused:

Its kinda like the guy that was an avid golfer, died, and went to Hell. The Devil showed him around, awesome golf courses, best clubs available, beautiful cart girls.........said he could play anytime, any day he wanted. Just one small thing..........................

there are NO golf balls !!!!!!:p

14. RayFromJersey

RayFromJersey Generation 4

I wonder if/how they'll know they're in the special hackers only matches?

What if I'm in that mode right now because someone reported me as a hacker when I didn't?

15. Koviko

Koviko Generation 4

You'll have a flag on your name as described in the article.

16. RayFromJersey

But is that flag visible?

17. Koviko

Koviko Generation 4

They have a screenshot of it in the article, so I assume so. I don't think they are trying to hide it from you.

• Like Like x 1
  18. RayFromJersey

Perfect answer, thanks. I can't see the article at the moment.

19. Crozmosis

Crozmosis Generation 2

I am so glad Respawn is doing this. I've trying to get my brother to play Titanfall since launch but he has been hesitant because of all the crap that goes on with the PC CoD games. It put a bad taste in his mouth. I think he is finally ready to give TF a shot now.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Koviko

Koviko Generation 4

Plus, this means that we won't have to run into all the issues with PunkBuster needing to constantly kick people due to suspected cheating for things like "logging in too quickly" or "attempting to play the game." Now, we have a system that doesn't need to check you every time you play. It just flags you once as a cheater and then you are a cheater.

Now that I think about it... I hope it's like a 3-strike system or something. PunkBuster had a lot of false positives, so I hope FairFight doesn't.